It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

"There is no way the police will be able to respond to the next round of riots."

page: 1

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:08 PM
Here's the full comment.

"The odd thing is that the police today are harder working, less corrupt and much more effective than they’ve ever been before, or rather were before these swingeing cuts. I joined the service in 1975 at a time of the ‘firm within a firm’ and had to flee my force after threats from the corrupt ones. Now the most likely person to put away a corrupt officer is another officer or police employee. In my day, it might not have been fatal to point the finger, but if you didn’t want your kids fitted up or your car damaged, then you kept quiet. I didn’t: I had to run away.
Most patrolling officers will tell you that policing by consent is more prevalent when patrol cars are double-crewed – I remember those days. Tasers are now drawn more frequently due to lack of back-up.
Cameron was the architect of Sheehy, the coincidence of Winsor coming up with something identical to his first, largely derided, draft is just one of those strange coincidences, as is the best man to be awarded the sinecure of HMIC – where the only role seems to be to turn up at the police memorial to fallen officers in fancy dress – being Winsor.
I retired after 30 years but still keep in touch. There is no way the police will be able to respond to the next round of riots. There is no reserve. Cameron is playing politics with Croydon and the rest.
As regards your point about the drop in crime, most officers are of the opinion that it is a mixture of the lower percentage of males between the ages of 15 and 25, better car security and CCTV. I took over the Brighton CCTV after installation, as part of being in charge of the control rooms, and over the first 18 months there was a significant drop in the level of crime in that area covered by the cameras.
At the moment if you were to be arrested for an offence you did not commit, or, come to that, that you did, what country’s police force would you prefer to deal with you? CCTV in cell blocks was supported by all officers that I knew, and far from the majority of defence briefs. Yet, it seems, they have never been so demonised. The May marionette mentions Hillsborough but never Bradford.
Remember how everyone used to moan about traffic wardens when they were part of the police? Wouldn’t we all like to see their return. The same will apply when G4S patrol our streets, working for profits."

This is the source it came from.

In the article we see this.

"Most official and media commentary explaining the declining political power of the police suggest it has been brought about by police own goals, citing causes celebres from Orgreave and Hillsborough in the 1980s, to Plebgate."

Plebgate. Do you remember how that turned out?
"MP and former chief whip Andrew Mitchell has paid £80,000 in libel damages to the police officer he called a “f******g pleb”..."
And yet Plebgate is still pushed on the masses as a police own goal? Ridiculous. This clearly illustrates the government/media dirty war against the Office of Constable.

Hillsborough I've covered very extensively in previous threads. Every fresh bit of evidence I've found on the inquest website strengthens the theory that Hillsborough was a deliberate black operation. Fans were encouraged by provocateurs to rush the turnstiles. Key individuals prevented the tunnel from being shut. The upper bolts on gate C had been redesigned a couple of years before so they dropped open when the gates were battered. That gate was going to open one way or another. Jacko prevented the loudspeaker from being used to give life-saving guidance then organised the much criticised cordon across the pitch. Hillsborough was an anti-constabulary black operation, designed to be used exactly as it is being used now. As an emotional weapon.

Orgreave was similar.

What other major anti-constabulary stories are there? There's only a handful and they all have weaknesses.

You are being persuaded through media manipulation to take sides against 'the police' in general. Weakened and demoralised there's not a hope of preventing or containing this summers consumer riots.

So what you gonna do?

I say elect local constables now. I could do with a bit of help with logistics.

Of course you could just carry on chatting about the comfortable little elements of life and wait till you see the glow in the sky as your city burns.

This is a certainty. The criminals have been closely watching the dismantling of the constabularies. All knowledgeable sources say riots cannot be controlled by a drastically reduced number of constables. The criminals know this. They will act. We must act first.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:17 PM
a reply to: Kester

CCTV To me seems very Orwellian.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:18 PM
Well we're not much better on this side of the pond.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:19 PM
a reply to: Greathouse

I find it handy for sticking protest banners in front of. Saves walking.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:40 PM

originally posted by: Greathouse

CCTV To me seems very Orwellian.

London is the most heavily monitored city on earth.

I just gotta know, ate the people that do these things some kind of weirdo voyers?

Do they get their jollies by watching other people?

If not, then what is the point?
edit on 30-3-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:44 PM
They didn't/couldn't/wouldn't back in 2011 and with even further cuts to their budgets and their jobs being market tested, can you blame them?

It's a good thing that you are bringing this to people's attention, but with the cover up of the paedophile ring in Westminster by the Met, public opinion of the police is quite low currently.

There has to be a total shake up with our system from the establishment, right down to the chavs who rioted in Tottenham. Will this come about? Doubtful just yet, but expect a battle when people want to achieve this.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:49 PM
a reply to: johnwick

To me it almost seems like a way to condition people to constant surveillance. Many British people like to tell us how we are constantly losing our rights in the United States;yet they ignore the problems they face in their own backyard.

The day that the government can track and monitor everything people do, is the day they are fully subjugated.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:51 PM
a reply to: Greathouse

That day happened about mid 1998

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:55 PM

Watching mass movement is the main purpose of CCTV in British cities. They don't want to be taken unawares.

You mention voyeurs. I used to get a trade CCTV magazine. I had a collection of articles and jokes cut out from that magazine to illustrate the perverted nature of many private security workers. The whole industry is infected, manufacturers, distributors, end users. I threw the collection away because just having that collection made me look like a perv. Objectification of women is a big part of many private security workers professional lives.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:59 PM

originally posted by: johnwick
If not, then what is the point?

To prevent crime, public disorder, damage and violence.
To gather evidence for use in prosecution.
To deter criminal action in places where crime is common.

The fact that these things even need to be pointed out to you shows the lack of common sense on this issue.

These CCTV cameras are in public places, if you're not doing anything unusual they are watching you walk down the street and nothing more, the same way anyone on that street can watch you walking down the street. What are you doing in that street that is so desperately private that you feel it needs to be protected from view?

I really don't understand this completely irrational nonsense about CCTV cameras. They are a useful tool to prevent and prosecute crimes. Being filmed by a CCTV camera is NO DIFFERENT to a stranger seeing you on that same street. Would you walk around in a hood to prevent strangers from seeing what you look like?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:05 PM

In response to the title...

The Police cannot respond adequately to any large event, with or without police cuts, and with or without privatization.

For the record, I am entirely against any and all forms of privatization and it should be fought at every step of the way. Nothing good EVER comes from it, the greed of the corporation is NEVER going to be held in check in the way we try to hold public bodies to account. There is MASSIVE opportunity for failure, corruption, criminality and abuse under any and all privatization.

But, going down the rout of claiming the police will be less effective in instance of mass criminality is not the way to fight it.

Even if you have a million Police officers serving, you cannot ever prepare for roaming gangs of people destroying property and acting violently, just as you can never adequately deliver service in a pandemic of any other kind.

No police force on this planet can ever be prepared to deal with massive events like this, it's entirely impractical to even try to do anything other than mitigate the problem and gradually erode the potential for ongoing crime.

Like I said, this is not how you fight against privatization. You use the evidence we have of failed privatization in every other industry before it and the likelihood of corruption and cover-ups.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:09 PM
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I've posted this link several times today.

Exaro and the work of eight of its journalists are shortlisted for this year’s British Journalism Awards. The eight contributed to a series of articles on Exaro that led to the overarching inquiry into child sex abuse.

And in the comments under this story, , you'll find an invitation to request privately the names of some of those guilty of shutting down investigations into VIP abuse entrapment.

Public opinion has been manipulated. My personal experience of UK constables is that one in a hundred wants slotting. The rest we need.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:14 PM
a reply to: Rocker2013

Message read and understood.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:15 PM
a reply to: Rocker2013

all those cameras didn't do squat to prevent that soldier getting his throat slit

CCTV prevents nothing, as IQ levels drop to single digits the ability to actually investigate by police approaches zero, so TPTB need CCTV to insure their slave farms/private prisons and coffers are always full.

the "hysteria" regarding CCTV is that nothing prevents them from peeping inside your home
or upgrading to looking through walls. there is 0 accountability and tapes are known to disappear.

you see nothing wrong with control freaks so sick that in some parts,
they monitor how many times you flush the toilet?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:04 PM

"There is no way the police will be able to respond to the next round of riots."

Actually, they could respond adequately. They could do what they did with the riots in Tottenham and Manchester, let them riot and spend their force. Why would a chief constable place his human resources in harms way when he can monitor and record rioters in the act, and when it all blows over, which it always does, they can then go after the rioters and arrest them?

It's far better to sweep and mop up than to have to bury constables killed in the line of police work during a riot. Remember PC Blakely...

In America, the rioters would be shot dead without a moment's hesitation. The police officers who went in to rescue their fallen colleague armed only with shields and batons, risking their own lives, are who I would place the term 'heroes' on in the true sense of that word...they epitomised the real meaning of being a constable. Brave is too small a word to describe them.

However, if you read the Wiki article on Blakelock, you will notice the spread of the riots around the country. These riots were not the opportunistic riots that happened recently, the riots of '86 were fundamental dissatisfaction across the whole country, and we are there at that boiling point once again, only today, the boiling has been going on for longer, heating the hatred towards the establishment that have given every reason to the people their frustration and anger. If the Tories get in a second term, at some point in their 2nd term, riots will hit the country again.

Perhaps, riots are what they want, in order to introduce 'martial law' so that they can implement certain emergency powers to push for power grabs to further globalising agenda. Maybe, that is what they want in America, too?

Then again, if martial law is introduced, it becomes terms of civil war.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:36 PM
The first police officers who die in a riot will usher in martial law. I guess living in 1967 Detroit has me leaning towards that outcome.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:29 AM
a reply to: elysiumfire

When the shopkeepers organised and armed themselves with bats and crowbars the looting suddenly stopped. I don't think it was just the looters running out of energy that caused them to stop. Most criminals are desperate for police protection when it comes to their own safety. No cops on the ground and an angry, organised population spells serious trouble for looters.

I think you're right. Riots are wanted as an excuse to tighten up control. That's why organising now is essential. Electing local constables independent of national government control is the way forward.

When the riots are due to begin the mainstream media will bring one incident to everyones attention.

The mainstream media is owned by the small group who want total control. They will attempt to trigger riots.

Local people defending their neighbourhood from looters is essential.

With local impartial constables acting as focal points we will avoid escalating the situation.
edit on 31 3 2015 by Kester because: change word

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:42 AM

originally posted by: Greathouse

The day that the government can track and monitor everything people do, is the day they are fully subjugated.

My friend, this day was years ago...

new topics

top topics