It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The misconception of Telepathy, a needed thread..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

No one can deny, the internal mind projects thoughts, which influence the external world. It's the PROJECTION of the thought, which is received, projection which is giving the thought energy, output.

Everyone can deny this quite easily. Care to offer an example? Or are you only going to allow us to take your word for it?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Beautiful to read elementalist

What you are describing is basically the experience of being which is our true life but in an aware co-creative way,immediately "manifesting". In such a state any and all things are possible as some famous personae from our story have hinted many times

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Why humanity on this planet isn't very successful at telepathy is I believe because humanity is still very much defining themselves and what male and female qualities are. To initiate or send is masculin while to receive or listen is feminin. It is rare to see both in a human and that person still being sane. Whoever will figure it out first will have a difficult time, up to biblical proportions because that individual might as well become the next messiah with miracles and everything even though it'll likely be all illusion, it'll be convincing and defying science.

I also believe one must first leave one's own mental space (surroundings) which everyone is so used to no one notices it until one leaves it for the common space, which might as well be that mythical astral space some say or maybe even the beyond. So to unlock the secrets of the mind is no small feat and shouldn't be undertaken by anyone unless one has enough money in the bank and no worldly distractions.
edit on 30-3-2015 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

No one can deny, the internal mind projects thoughts, which influence the external world. It's the PROJECTION of the thought, which is received, projection which is giving the thought energy, output.

Everyone can deny this quite easily. Care to offer an example? Or are you only going to allow us to take your word for it?

Yea sure..

An example of mental projection influencing the external reality .. never thought I would have to explain this one, but sure.

Everything you do via your body, which changes or creates the external world, started with a thought first.

You do NOT do what you do, without thinking about it first. Everything your body does, is mental signals from the mind/brain, first.

Hence, mental projection > physical action

Just like you thought before clicking the link, you thought the words you were going to post here, you thought before hitting submit, firstly.

Kind of weird you needed help with that

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
If I were a telepath I would be God
of poker!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure telepathy , has been pretty well proven, at least on the unconscious level where just thinking about a certain person raises their blood pressure etc. But as far as hearing words in your head from someone else, we would have to ascertain, if our internal dialogue was actually in the cultural language that we were brought up with. if this is "not the case" then do we have an internal dialogue in some universal proto language? Which means that all living things might use the same one. If we actually think say, in English, then the proto language of thought, is coded and then, the nerves that operate the throat and tongue to form language could be read as electrical impulses, and decoded.

When having a dialogue with someone in a dream, how is it that, you have to wait for the person you are talking to, to reply, if it were made up in your own mind you would know the answer already . Then since the dream, has no medium to transfer the throat vibrations into language, is this pure telepathy, where words are actually heard in your own head, via thought transfer?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It is said that the language of the subconscious is symbols. This is what shamans used during there spirit journeys. The key that unlocks the door.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oannes
It is said that the language of the subconscious is symbols. This is what shamans used during there spirit journeys. The key that unlocks the door.

But you don't think in symbols, you think in what appears to be words.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I really hate to talk about it, because it's one of those things that get one labeled as crazy.

I think there's different levels of experience of it and that it confuses people because of that.
I seem to have a very tight link with my son. I can think about calling him for something when he will appear and say "did you call me?" When in fact, I was going to, but I hadn't YET.

The most intense experience of it was when I heard- clearly in my mind what someone was going to say, before they said it. It was one of those extreme, life changing experiences that really made me question what reality really was.

But in all instances, it seems to have something to do with time being a bit off, and the perception of time. Like almost a minute collapse or failure of time, or a bending, so that there's a peak at the eternal and an awareness of what lays next on the timeline of one's existence.

And there I go sounding all crazy again.

There are all sorts of communication - there's broadcasting for sure - every fighter knows to look for signs that people make before actions. Or you might learn that a bushy tail on a cat means something excited and scared them. Those are all nonverbal communication methods.

Telepathy to me does seem a bit different. It's an awareness and very closely related, I think, to precognition.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think neurotic people - particularly "Obsessive Compulsive - have the hardest time developing this faculty, for the main reason that their ego words are like their best friend, and letting it/them go would feel like a death of sorts. It's hard to explain, but OCD-ers being mentally relaxed and adrift in quiet mind is similar to the idea of a person with no legs trying to dance LOL. But I am sure it can be done.

Another huge factor that most people would not care to bring up is privacy and secrecy, in regards to "opening up" on a more psychic level. Either way, there is bleed over from the personal and collective unconscious, no matter how shadowy its material. But that is usually the part people do not care to address or deal with. People really want their private thoughts to be their own, and not to "muddy the waters" with all of their crap. This could unconsciously also play a part in people trying to hold on to their ego.

I know there are a variety of good reasons to be able to let go and relax more - especially for good mental health and mental hygiene - but I am curious what other ways people find that this mental faculty is important. A small list of reasons why people really ought to exercise this type of muscle more often...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Girlfriend getting intuned is not that much of a miracle, since you share one cultural input cosmos, share your short time goals and spend a lot of time communicating and assimilating to eachother.

If you hear clear voices, please go and see a doctor.

ha thanks for your concern... It wasn't a voice in my head, it was by emotion. This was only a week into our relationship, but I felt a way I never had before. I was laying with her and her expression responded to what I was thinking and vice versa. She would laugh when I thought of something funny, etc. What was even stranger was that when I tried to explicitly bring it up to her by talking, she seemed confused. it was as if her physical self was not connected to the mental communication. Yet, after she denied knowing that we were communicating in such a way, I would go right back into communicating with her through mental emotional thinking. It was like we became one mind. I think man and woman is like a lock and key model to spiritual fulfillment. Both of these relationships were ruined due to my sexual promiscuity (still kicking myself in the head). To reaffirm there was some sort of "telepathic" connection, it was like she knew what I had done without me even telling her.

When you enter that realm of pure ego-less love, you begin to attract women like never before. I was flooded with temptation from past flings, that prior to my entering into such a lovely state, wanted nothing to do with me. I was not strong enough to resist and it ruined the beautiful Love-relationship I had developed with the woman. Reminds me of the song Ramble On by Led Zeppelin:

"Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear
How years ago in days of old when magic filled the air
T'was in the darkest depths of Mordor, I met a girl so fair
But Gollum, and the evil one crept up and slipped away with her, her, her, yeah"

I found an interesting article that discusses what I am talking about if you're interested: www.reuniting.info...

I think telepathy starts with the sacred union of male and female. Put a death to your ego and seek pure Love.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Everything you do via your body, which changes or creates the external world, started with a thought first.

Except thoughts come from the body. Thinking is something we do via our body.

It seems you have it backwards. I had to see your link before I even thought about thinking about it. Hence, physical action > "mental projection". Psychic powers right?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

It seems you have it backwards. I had to see your link before I even thought about thinking about it. Hence, physical action > "mental projection". Psychic powers right?

But what is observing the thinking? A computer is useless without a user. The body is useless without the observer. The observer is the universal spirit which can communicate on the higher levels when it is allowed to flow unencumbered (ego death). This is what leaves the body during out-of-body experiences, this is the real, eternal, spiritual you. In my humble opinion, of course.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Yeah, well, a "test" or "study" implies disbelief. It amounts to an accusation. "Prove it to me!" It creates a stressful ultra serious environment. There's nothing natural about it. It's possible that this atmosphere may effect the test subjects.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You make no sense to me..don't play stupid. .

The most brilliant minds that aided in establishing our current progress as a civilization; believed in a higher force, god, spiritual nature etc.. something that was beyond the body.

Religions exist by the thousands for a reason. Human beings are aware there is something more to themselves, then 4 limbs a head and 5 senses.

Just like I know the difference of my body from my mind. I control the body on the insidez yes. I do the thinking, the moving, the kinetic movements via will power, which comes comes firstly from a thought.

Pretending the body and mind are not separate is ignorance. More people believe in spirit and a deeper mind complex, then people who don't, for thousands of years, for obvious reasons.

Those who don't are in denia (a state of denying what is obvious), are usually people who are most disconnected from their true identity, acting out ego and repulsion. Being opposite of subtle and balanced. . While bashing others who truely experience things they can't believe.

Anyways your mind is made up, let's not waste anymore space, shall we..

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hadriana

You do not sound crazy my friend, you are having a very unique experience within a biological body-mind complex.

Who's to judge that?

I thank you for sharing your experiences. Also encourage you to share and express your experiences and what you belive.
Don't worry about if others accept it or understand it, just share information, it's up to the reader how they take it

To relate with what you shared; one time I was studying, living in the country side.. no next neighbors no busy street.. it was about 1030pm, and I was hearing two men have a intimate conversation with one another.

It started as background voices, I thought a family members TV or music so I was ignoring it st first. Then it started to come in loud and clear that I could hear full words and sentences perfectly.

Except it was a language I did not know. These two guys just going on and on and on.. so I went to check out if a family member had any electronics running - they were all past out.

It was just me, and my books! So I listened to these guys talk, which to me sounded Portuguese, while trying to find the source of the men speaking. ..

I then started to think yhe obvious, no matter which room I went too, which floor of the house, the voices were the same level! So I covered my ears and sure enough it was inside my mind!

This conversation was driving me nuts, thst spanish like voice so fast and saying # I had no idea. .. I couldn't turn it off haha.. I liad in my bed, just trying to ignore.

The voices faded after about 8 minutes of dialogue. Never heard any voice like it again. Was the strangest thing..

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

I think telepathy starts with the sacred union of male and female. Put a death to your ego and seek pure Love.

Couldn't agree more. Meanwhile in reality "Shades of Grey" is a bestseller, a whole series of books, thick, sick books, were the dumb bitch talks for hundreds of pages about her materialistic pleasures, while she bends her own personality and sexual preferences to be with an emotionally handicaped asshole. That's what people call a love story and it is pretty sickening. Like they really don't know the difference between prostitution for existencial stability and true love.

a reply to: 3n19m470

I don't know, I am curious, i make little experiments for myself and the success rate, when i focus on not using subtext and body language is super low. It is either existing and controlable, or it is something from outside our human perception, like an information cloud, or something, maybe enhanceable with electro magnetic fields, but yet untested and unproven. But more and more start to theorise it, apparently.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I know that I can, but I am still afraid to practice it... I do receive signals though, sometimes even from exotic sources...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Not that I would argue for psychic powers, except if visions are considered a power. It doesn't explain my personal visions of alien landscapes, spaceships, people I've never met. Granted, I am a fantasy/scifi fan and there is the possibility my brain draws inspiration from what I've been exposed to and goes on to create 'new' stuff from old stuff but what would the evolutionary reason be behind that? It doesn't make much sense my mind makes it up, especially since I can't explain 99% of what I see in visions/dreams. Although I did seek out such experiences through meditation, reading sacred texts, trying things like reiki, at some point I needed it to stop because it was getting in the way of my job and ability to study.

Alternatively perhaps the brain creates a nonphysical persona and it's nonphysical surroundings which then at some point is able to sustain itself independent of the body (but running in sync with reality based on physical stimuli), where the spirit becomes dominant over the body instead of the body dominating the spirit.
edit on 31-3-2015 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Good thread!

Telepathy as a form of communication, is real. Some are more able to pick up messages and more psi, have more insight working within, but everyone can practice.

Communication from paranormal, spiritual or ufology is telepathic, and language is not a barrier. But you seemingly communicate in your own language.

But practicing with your children or friends is interesting. Have one child that has a gift, but he needs to warm up. One day, while sick on the couch, noticed him full of high restless energy about to pick a fight, and sidetracked him and we spent many minutes practicing. That time just kept it simple and thought of a number between 1-5.

For the first 5 minutes or more, he was mostly wrong, but interested. And we were getting more in tune, or sync with each other, he was relaxing.

Then for a few minutes, he got every single one of them right. ie. 10 or more times in a row.

So we tried again later date. This time, had listened to a song, where the concept came to equalize a frequency between us. in that case it was the meditational music. He was inspired to put it on for me, knowing that was more pleasant while resting on the couch (have health problems all winter) than his.

So I kept aware of this field, extending in my mind, the field of music between us. I set the intention of syncronizing.

It was a game where ideas such as, standing on a platform in an advanced space city, a place of learning, and he suddenly said, wait, are we standing on a platform.

I can't remember all the things, most were right for him, which tended to validate the syncronization.

Towards the end, was trying to decide on something, he kept pushing for more. I thought of a boat, lake, and both of us flying through the clouds in our own small glider crafts. I focused on the last.

By focus, found out, don't strain, but put enthusiasm into it, energy, joy, lift up, like a shooting star, shine kind of energy. Upbeat underscored.

He said, beach, boat and glider. He shouldn't have caught the brief ones.

We are telepathic and need practice. Even my other son who said, nah, and made fun of us, got a mountain when I was picturing lookout in a mountain over the lights of a town/city.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join