It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Debunkers: Go outside much?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
So just have to do this real quick after reading a recent post about some weather change stuff. Temps rising and stuff like that. So many people saying things like "the government owns the weather channel", "Scientists lie about all the information so they can get more money", "Weather happens all the time, just more people talking about it", "The ice is NOT melting" or "The ice melts all the time, this is normal".
Have you people stepped OUTSIDE recently, put down your laptops and ipads and opened your doors?

I have, and the weather sucks. I live in California and we have no water. In 40 years alive, I have always seen snow in Tahoe, but not this year. I have friends back east, who have family going back generations in that area. First time snow has been this bad in 300 years of their family being on that property. Personal records, mind you, not from the government.

The point? The climate IS changing, and I could personally give a hoot weather we call it warming, cooling chilling, whatever. Don't care. Go outside and use your own senses, if you have been around long enough to have a memory, things will feel and look different. I would venture to guess just about anywhere you live, the results will be similar. Call it what you will, the weather just ain't the same. Ask the Egyptians, I doubt they thought their lush gardens would turn to sand. They did. The earths weather has been changing for as long as the earth has been around. Everything changes as it ages. Is the earth somehow an exception where it stays forever frozen in time? Ever been in an earthquake? That is the earth changing. Seen a volcano erupt? That is the earth changing. STUFF CHANGES CONSTANTLY! It is part of time. Unless earthquakes are made by the government so they can scare everyone into buying American, volcano's are just CGI.

So I am done with my rant! Bring on the naysayers, bring your proof of doctored results, spoiled propaganda, hidden agendas. Try to say it ain't so. Then go outside, and NOT notice that all the flowers are blooming early, or there is still 10ft of snow on the ground in APRIL, or the insects coming out in swarms months early.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I don't think many debunk climate change, they just deny the actual reason it's changing... GHG's.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yeah I agree with Kali tbh...

Seems most just deny that it's man made...

And while I agree, due to terminology...

I disagree with the notion that man hasn't played a part in the change.

But winter in London that has just gone, cannot, by definition of UK winter, be defined as such...

It was too warm... All season...
45 minutes of snow on one early morning... In the whole season...

It's actually the same weather now, temp wise...
And we've moved out of "winter", what was supposedly "winter"...

Can't tell me after 27 years it hasn't changed drastically... It has.

But, is it because of man, or solely man, or tiniest amount man, and natural in every other sense???

Those are the questions to be answered!
edit on 30-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I go outside often and it's piggin' freezing and wet much of the time, and that's nothing to do with climate change....that's official!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It is forcing the wheat farmers in southeastern Washington state to change their planting patterns. They don't irrigate here and have always relied on June rains. But the rains did not come the past 4 years, but did come a lot earlier so the farmers planted in March.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothar
Everything changes as it ages.

There you have it. Cant deny that.

Lets just get to the crux of the argument, which is: When are our corporate caretakers going to stop trashing the planet?

A: They wont. Instead theyll blame Tucket for riding his bicycle to work everyday, and then raise his taxes..

OP, do you realize how much youre trashing the planet with this hot air youre blowing? Its not my fault, its your fault the oceans are rising.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothar

I'm with you.

I've lived in the same region for 15 years and the weather has definitely changed.

When I was in high school you could set your clock to the summer thunderstorms. Now there isn't much of a summer at all. I didn't need to drag up climate forecasts or deny said climate forecasts or call climate forecasters shills, all I did was observe and I've observed fluctuations. No graphs, projections or predictions can describe what some people are experiencing first hand.

edit on 30-3-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Not a denier at all, I see the news, I see that there's coastlines eroding, going under water. The hurricanes are worse, more often.

That said, I'm outside a lot, all year round. I happen to live somewhere that climate change is not visible. The snow is half gone from the yard, it's not too hot, not too cold, rains about average here.

Going outside isn't going to make any difference in some people's beliefs unless they live near a coastline. ...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I just walked across the yard to the lake to check on a goose with a bad leg, to see if I could help it by splintting it or something (or help it into my oven if it's a lost cause) and it is frigid. I'm in Ontario and the wind speed is ridiculous as well, we have gale force in gusts that can almost knock a person down. The only man-made cause I can see for the wind anyway, is if everyone north of or on the jet stream from Alaska to Alberta was farting in our general direction at the same time. You know, butterfly effect, just a bit stinkier. The cold, maybe our position above the galactic plane coupled with a slightly reduced solar output.

The climate is changing, it seems to be getting colder. Whether that is wholly natural or in part anthropomorphic is at best a guess.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/30.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I'm with you.

I've lived in the same region for 15 years and the weather has definitely changed.

When I was in high school you could set your clock to the summer thunderstorms. Now there isn't much of a summer at all. I didn't need to drag up climate forecasts or deny said climate forecasts or call climate forecasters shills, all I did was observe and I've observed fluctuations. No graphs, projections or predictions can describe what some people are experiencing first hand.

So the weather in your one tiny area of the globe not doing what you expect proves climate change?

Ok

OP, did you see the weather for the rest of the country?

One of the worst winters in recorded history.

Record snow falls, record cold.

Something like 3,000 records for snow and cold were broken.

Sorry you are in a drought, but it happens, has happened for all recorded history.

It is not new, it us not an omen, or anything abnormal.

We have the word drought for a reason, they happen.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
Not a denier at all, I see the news, I see that there's coastlines eroding, going under water. The hurricanes are worse, more often.

That said, I'm outside a lot, all year round. I happen to live somewhere that climate change is not visible. The snow is half gone from the yard, it's not too hot, not too cold, rains about average here.

Going outside isn't going to make any difference in some people's beliefs unless they live near a coastline. ...

BTW hurricanes are not worse or more frequent.

They are way less common in the last 10 years, and their average strength gas declined.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

My small part of the globe is one of many.

Sometimes putting your ear to the ground and listening to the locals is a better forecast than what science provides. Fisherman and farmers have worked the same land and sea for decades and they would know better than most, if anyone knew about climate change it would be them.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The Easter lilies in my garden bloomed in February this year.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
They say it's 63 degrees in Antarctica !!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Pretty bob standard here in the UK.

I'm not cutting my energy usage to live like a prole, while the insanely rich don't cut their usage.

It's all just an excuse for the 99% to have one set of rules and standard of life while behind the scenes somewhere the 1% will continue living like kings.

They'll be enforcing an hour's worth of energy usage a day on us if we carry on down this path. They've already got most people brainwashed into thinking that climate change exists and that we are to blame.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I don't think many debunk climate change, they just deny the actual reason it's changing... GHG's.

Is it getting warmer? If so where has the extra heat come from?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Interesting stuff here lol :

Flatulence is often blamed as a significant source of greenhouse gases, owing to the erroneous belief that the methane released by livestock is in the flatus.[48] While livestock account for around 20% of global methane emissions,[49] 90–95% of that is released by exhaling or burping.[50]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Theres no doubt humans have a massive effect in my mind.
C02 is very bad for the atmosphere,and its not the dolphins,lions,birds or bees who make fossil fuel power plants..

I live in North Wales,UK and in a place reknowned for months long winter freeze ups,and often roads blocked with snow drifts.
This winter,well we haven't had winter.
We got a few snow showers-no roads blocked,maybe three or four seperate nights when we got mild frost,hardly any rain.

Far from a normal winter season.

And watch out world,here comes the predicted double el nino,which is not a good thing:

www.pri.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

But California has often endured water scarcity throughout its history, and each occasion has brought its own challenges. Out of those challenges have come valuable lessons, and as the current dry spell becomes more severe it is worth remembering— and learning from—the state’s long history of unpredictable weather fluctuations.

civileats.com...

It seems there was a dry period back in 1976 and 77. And the water issues for CA have been around for a while. Look at the Colorado river. It no longer flows to the end, it just stops in mexico due to so many others pulling it's resources due to living in a damn desert.

And as Kali74 mentioned, most don't have any issues with climate change, just with the cause. The science sure points to man having an impact, but some still hold out hope that 97% of them are wrong so we won't all die in a horrible mass of fire and brimstone.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

One far from normal winter doesn't qualify as proof for climate change though.

If these winters continue in similarity for maybe a decade, then we can start to say something fishy must be going on.

As for now, one freak event anywhere in the world doesn't mean anything.

What about the severe winter in the 70's? We could have jumped to conclusions then and ran around shouting ice age.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join