It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Elections

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Twitter after tonights Leaders debate..Go Nic..

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Sturgeon was so impressive she finished 4th in the poll after the debate

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
leanne Wood was the only one who mentioned those bankers being responsible instead of the immigrant scapegoat.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Farage was right with his HIV comment, are we a Global Health Service, or a National Health Service?
The only man to speak the truth.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
Farage was right with his HIV comment, are we a Global Health Service, or a National Health Service?

I dont agree with alot of UKIP

But he was right on the NHS

And none of the other POS politicians awnsered his queation head on, just went off on tangents.

Sorry but the who nature of the NHS is you pay into the system with NI

People just arrived have not paid anything into the system.

If your a immigrant then you should not get NHS cover until your working and paying into the system.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Sturgeon was so impressive she finished 4th in the poll after the debate

www.theguardian.com...

I'll see your Guardian and raise you a YouGov, Telegraph and a Times..

edit on 3-4-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

The Guy is just pandering to the Bigots and a Racists of this country. A utter buffoon.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
leanne Wood was the only one who mentioned those bankers being responsible instead of the immigrant scapegoat.

Yeah, well said.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

And none of the other POS politicians awnsered his queation head on, just went off on tangents.

If your a immigrant then you should not get NHS cover until your working and paying into the system.

Do you believe immigrants come here to deliberately get ill just so they can use the NHS..?. They look a damn sight more healthy and in shape than we do as far as i can see.

The UK population is probably one of the most unhealthy populations in the European community, Last time i checked we were worlds leaders in new cancer cases, just behind the US on obesity, up there with the best when it comes to heart disease. top the charts in Europe on child asthma...the list goes on and on.

Maybe we should look at our own home bread users and abusers of the NHS before we critisise "Johnny Foreigner" for all of our "ill's"

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Lots of people in England wish they could vote SNP

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Yet under the same agreement UK residents get free healthcare throughout the EU without having to pay into the system. Farage wants to remove this right from us.

How likely do you think it is that someone seriously ill who can't afford healthcare is going to travel from Africa, the middle east or US to use the NHS? While there certainly are some 'health tourists' it's hardly the norm and would be paid several times over if just one bank or multi national actually paid the tax they owe in the UK.

Personally I'd rather the country focus on making major companies pay what they owe, instead of denying the needy medical treatment.

---

Not seen the debate yet (as I think they're stupid headline grabbers and soundbte generators instead of a meantingful political debate) but given the response to Sturgeon I'll have to check it out. I've recently been leaning far close to SNP than any other party but was under the impression she didn't have the vision or determination of Salmond, clearly I was wrong.
edit on 3-4-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Yet under the same agreement UK residents get free healthcare throughout the EU without having to pay into the system. Farage wants to remove this right from us.

How likely do you think it is that someone seriously ill who can't afford healthcare is going to travel from Africa, the middle east or US to use the NHS? While there certainly are some 'health tourists' it's hardly the norm and would be paid several times over if just one bank or multi national actually paid the tax they owe in the UK.

Personally I'd rather the country focus on making major companies pay what they owe, instead of denying the needy medical treatment.

Well im going to vote out in a EU referendum. So healthcare in other EU country's is irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Do you believe immigrants come here to deliberately get ill just so they can use the NHS..?. They look a damn sight more healthy and in shape than we do as far as i can see.

The UK population is probably one of the most unhealthy populations in the European community, Last time i checked we were worlds leaders in new cancer cases, just behind the US on obesity, up there with the best when it comes to heart disease. top the charts in Europe on child asthma...the list goes on and on.

Maybe we should look at our own home bread users and abusers of the NHS before we critisise "Johnny Foreigner" for all of our "ill's"

Yes but we have paid into the system.

sorry I don't see why we should be handing out freebies across the Europe and the world.

We need to focus on people in the UK first. Thats working people Natives and legal working Immigrants.

Im not anti Immigration. I don't want to stop Immigration but I do want a more balanced approach.

If they come here surely they will work? And if they work I have no issue with them getting healthcare as they will be paying NI. What is unfair about that?
edit on 3-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

The Guy is just pandering to the Bigots and a Racists of this country. A utter buffoon.

Well I am neither.

It's crazy notion to think that those who want to look after the country are either.

The mainstream media have done a real great job in that respect.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Lots of people in England wish they could vote SNP

Well they can't, so that's a pointless thing to think.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Fair play but the point I was trying to make is he's fabricating an issue so he has something he can blame on immigrants. The guys a City trader, he knows full well how the system ros us as that's where he made his fortune but pretends he's a 'normal bloke' by drinking pints and being a bit racist. (I don't think you 're racist or a fool in the slightest., this is just me ranting about Farage and the general immigrant-bashin that always occurs come election time).

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
a reply to: crazyewok

Fair play but the point I was trying to make is he's fabricating an issue so he has something he can blame on immigrants. The guys a City trader, he knows full well how the system ros us as that's where he made his fortune but pretends he's a 'normal bloke' by drinking pints and being a bit racist. (I don't think you 're racist or a fool in the slightest., this is just me ranting about Farage and the general immigrant-bashin that always occurs come election time).

Im not voting for UKIP or Farge background is irrelevant.

In fact im not even in his constituency so cant even if I wanted to too.

I think UKIP may have a few good points but has to many loons in the party.

I just want a slightly fairer working immigration system that does not overload local infrastructure which is happening in some places. I also want a immigration system that vets criminal records. And I dont think immigrants that come over and dont work should be entitled to any welfare or healthcare until they start working and paying into the system.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Just the point out the reason I want out of the EU has nothing to do with immigration.

1) I don't like British law and policy being decided by the French or Germans

2) Annoyed at being lumbered with random bills because the rest of the Eurozone cant get there # together.

3) Against the EU arrest warrant as it stands now.

4) Its a bureaucratic mess and we have enough bureaucracy without adding another layer.

Im all for free trade and good will to Europe. Just dont want to be involved politically.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I just want a slightly fairer working immigration system that does not overload local infrastructure which is happening in some places. I also want a immigration system that vets criminal records. And I dont think immigrants that come over and dont work should be entitled to any welfare or healthcare until they start working and paying into the system.

Now that I can completely agree with. The main problem I have is with UKIPs 'five year or more' rule. If someone is hard working etc... forcing them to an early grave is not only unethical but robs the country of much needed skills and taxes.

Their 'economic sense' argument is plain stupid. By the time a UK citizen has reached 18, hundreds of thousands have been spent on their education, health, local services etc.. meanwhile an imigrant has had all this paid for by another state so is making a net contribution the second they start work (while the former has to work for a decade or two to pay back their dues).
edit on 3-4-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Oh god, not another one of those people who cry racist...

People who are worried about immigration aren't racist. Having a points based system will allow for sensible immigration, it will allow us to let in those we actually need and not every man and his dog.

There's a reason the schools are full, the NHS is struggling the house prices are too high, the wages are being suppressed, communities are struggling to integrate.

And before you say, many immigrants work in our hospitals, we need them etc, well maybe if we weren't helping the world we would be able to cope with our own nurses and doctors. We only need to employ the world's doctors and nurses, because we are looking after the world...come on it's not rocket science.

There's a reason why UKIP is growing in power and that's because many people are beginning to support the ideas, so are you calling them all racist? I call it common sense, and I was disgusted to see the rest of the panel, trying to make Nigel and UKIP look racist by making snide comments like ' we know who's fuelling this debate' or ' we shouldn't scapegoat immigration' have they listened to any thing Farage actually said?

What really annoyed me was Nick Clegg when he created a bare faced lie pretty much calling Nigel a racist, when it was something that never passed his lips that night. I tell you the establishment are worried and scrapping the bottom of the barrel and using dirty tactics, or anything to undermine UKIP.

I wouldn't expect a Scot to understand the situation, you have no idea the impact of immigration, because you simply haven't seen the consequences... yet. This is why sturgeon doesn't get it either.

I thought after the debate it was clutching at straws saying that Farage was sweating and it was disgusting, what's that got to do with any points that he made? I'd sweat aswell if I had 6 parties all going against me.

As for sturgeon winning the debate, I honestly don't know what people see...the SNP will say anything to get into any position of power. I think people just chose her as victor because she stood against both ed and David and people thought it was funny. What won't be funny is if they succeed in getting votes in the general election and tear apart the union from the inside out.

As for the one poll in which Stergeon won, it seems to be in contrast to the rest of the poll's, so we can take it as a n anomaly. I heard that it was closed before the show ended, people had been invited to take part...and that some people had a problem with their votes not going through. So I call it dodgy manipulation, to create a story.

Also on the point of the EU, were we to actually get a referendum, and both nationalist parties called for each individual country to all vote out of the EU or none of the union does. What?! That won't be happening. Let's say 60 million in England though they won't all vote, but let's say 60% of them voted out and the same percentage for Wales and Scotland voted to stay in, then we'd end up being dictated to by the few, when in reality the majority voted the other way. So I hope this doesn't happen.

It raises another point about the first past the post system. I think it's time for a proportional system, I think now's the time, and it would represent a fair proportion of the electorate. With the current system Ed and David aren't squirming as much as they should be.
edit on 3-4-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join