It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallic disc shaped object on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
An interesting find whom i believe was discovered by Brett Colin Sheppard of the Lunar Anomaly Research Society (apology's if it was found before hand).

The anomaly was taken by one of the Malin Space Science cameras which are currently operating in orbit around Mars. Link to MSSS site.

Link to original picture

The disc-like building does have a sharp shine from the sun suggesting some kind of metal. None of the other surrounding geography points shine like that.

It does not look anything like the patterns in the surrounding geography, and the size of it would presumably be enormous?

Could even be a building, or something completely mundane but today i'm going with a craft, to me it looks metallic, I guess we'll never know?!

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
It looks like it used to be a villa, fantastic view of the lake that has since dried up. Those property taxes would've been ... Out of this world...

a reply to: skyblueworld

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

I actually thought the same, and I also thought it looked suspiciously like Tony Starks home!

Certainly an interesting anomaly!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I'm not seeing it.

Maybe it's ice.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
It looks like a second plateau under the first one and wraps around towards the back of the mountain. The appearance of it jutting out i thinks is an illusion because of the ridges that run down the mountain than breaks and continues through the second plateau to the foot. The plateau being smooth makes it look like it's popping out. It's not, ......I think.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

that's my house !!
btw gully I don't see it either

seriously but it might be one of these

www.dailymail.co.uk... -runway.html
edit on 30-3-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Nice find!

I think that Mars has many secrets to reveal yet.

I am always interested in stuff like this because the implications of finding even the smallest non Earth made tech anywhere in the vast universe will have profound implications for the whole of humanity.

Some day, probably by accident the whole of mankind will get a helluva wake up call.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
it took us something like 20 years to see that the face on mars wasn't a face at all, so i will take this with a pinch of salt.
i DO see the disk shaped thingy sticking out in the top, but until someone goes up there with a gopro camera i will assume mars, much like my sex life, is dead.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

It looks like something exposed in the course of erosion of surrounding terrain. Not a disk but maybe a bridge -- or a ring of material, hollow in the middle. You can see a ridge running from below and then behind the frontmost portion of the structure which to me looks like an irregular polygon, not a disk.

It's hard to tell what sort of terrain this is. Portions of the image (see above the anomaly) look like exposed ice. Other areas look most like salty flats -- the oft-discussed perchlorates that are so abundant in the surface soil of mars.

Whatever it is, I remind myself always that Mars' surface is a product largely of wind erosion. A such many odd shapes may appear -- macroscopically or otherwise. Compare this image or the odd, life-like or fossil-like rocks captured by the rovers with photos of rock formations on the dry valleys of Antartica, or the land bridges of Utah and elsewhere. It could be an artifact, or maybe something the wind, and erosion, dragged up.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gully

It's towards the bottom of the original picture found here

It does take some eagle eye to spot it, but when you do, you can see how it situates very oddly within the surrounding area.
edit on 3-30-2015 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I saw this some days ago on a different forum, and to me it looks like a dune in an area filled with dunes, only this dune is almost perpendicular to the rest.

That may be easier to see in a image rotated to have North at the top, like the one below, that I made from the IMG file.

There's another photo of that area taken by the CTX camera aboard Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, but it has a lower resolution.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I'm just wondering does anyone else (at the bottom of the very first image in the OP) see what appears to be a bridge? It looks like a multilane highway built over a natural draw. It even has a straight line on either edge and upturned dirt. Our minds work in curious way...

The "disk" is cool too, thanks op!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

it took us something like 20 years to see that the face on mars wasn't a face at all,
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse
I think the face may still be a construct. Has anyone considered that an intelligent race could build that structure with all the appropriate disfigurements so that the image could be seen, from space, as a reasonable facsimile of a face? Why build a massive, full face when all you would have to do is manipulate surfaces to obtain your goal at a greatly reduced effort?? Just wondering. Sorry about the drift off subject.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Thanks for that. I see what you are describing, but not finding it more than an interesting feature of the landscape.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I can see what your see, but when I first looked at it, I saw it differently. What I saw was a horseshoe-shaped edge to the top of that slope (with a horseshoe-shaped "canyon" of sorts below that edge), and with a vein of lighter material also below that edge, like this:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

edit on 30-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Looks like there is some reflection of the sun as though it were metallic!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
First thought was top of an elevator. Maybe used to move raw materials from the tracks below. Remnants of historic mining/current mining activity?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
what happened to the baltic sea UFO?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The ultimate get-away retreat - John Lautner's Chemosphere House constructed on Mars. Featuring panoramic views of the Martian desert, quiet neighborhood, and an unrestricted view of the sky unpolluted by streetlights. Only $45,000. Within 1 light-year of planet Earth and Alpha Centauri. Buyer must pay all inspection and purchasing fees before moving in. Visiting hours by arrangement. All prospective buyers must arrange their own transportation.

<<   2 >>

join