It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Unveils Flying House Project

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This looks cool a flying house project! It reminds me of the Jetsons, I world love to have something like this.
So ATS what do you think?

Russia Unveils Flying House Project
sputniknews.com...

Russian designers have presented a visual concept of a state-of-the-art house which they claim will be capable of flying.
A visual concept of a sophisticated new home which will be capable of floating through the air has been showcased by Russian designers, who claim that the house can also be used as a summer cottage and a small airship, media reports said.

The Freedom house, which has first and foremost been designed for so-called citizens of the world, can be installed almost anywhere on our planet — in the woods, at sea, on the coast, in the mountains, and in an urban area, according to Dmitry Ulitin and Anstasiya Taratuta of the design studio Artzona.ru.

The owner of this house will be able to make him or herself at home while soaring through the clouds, a dream that now may finally come true.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Kinda reminds me of a story I heard on ats where someone supposedly saw the future and they saw a bunch of futuristic domes in Russia.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Would be perfect in a country like Russia, with so much wide open unused space.

One wouldn't have to build a road and ship construction supplies hundreds or thousands of miles.

Just build it in civilization and fly it to the location desired.
edit on 29-3-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
It's a trap.

Sure it looks ace but I reckon this has serious military applications which would be developed first before, if ever, being marketed to (rich) property buyers.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I think the video is based off of developments from AEROS.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Hmmm, a Russian made dirigible designed for the nouveau riche to live above everyone else.

Seems ever so slightly suspicious.

I did notice that the design calls for hydrogen, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Yes, I blame Obama.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Hmmm, a Russian made dirigible designed for the nouveau riche to live above everyone else.

Seems ever so slightly suspicious.

I did notice that the design calls for hydrogen, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Yes, I blame Obama.

There aren't enough bwahahas or ahahas to describe my laughter at that pic or comment!!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

That was the post of the day for me!

I woke the wife up laughing....Thanks

I can just picture the elites having these and 'dumping their waste tanks' on us peasants.

edit on 3 30 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
All I saw was a concept for a tethered rounded building off the ground for a few seconds, then a lot of shots of them developing a balloon, something that has already been developed by a British team, and something that was in use as a viable method of transport 100 years ago. The only change is the design and use of modern lightweight materials.

The video starts with a hot air balloon, and then finishes with shots of Zeppelins and modern designs of them. This is not about "floating houses", this is about the resurgence of interest in travel by blimp.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
They need to lower the price a bit, make them affordable then everyone will want one!

Imagine a flying city of these FTW!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Architect and visionary R. Buckminster Fuller came up with a similar idea back in the 1950s. His "Cloud Nine" cities, as he called them would employ the use of the geodesic dome structures that he often used in his designs, and would be totally "self floating" due to the the warm air inside the structure creating buoyancy -- like a hot air balloon.

The Flying Cities of Buckminster Fuller

edit on 3/30/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
They need to lower the price a bit, make them affordable then everyone will want one!

Being a bit older than the majority, I can remember a time when I dismissed things as an impossibility or science fiction which eventually came to be science fact. So I am not so quick to throw out any ideas anymore without at least giving them a respectful glance.

I remember when I was a wee one, still in the single digits in age, hearing my grandmother on the Res, saying about land, "How can you own something that was here before you were created and will be here long after you are gone." Same thing about water, "Water is a gift from God, shared by all living things." It can not be bought."

For a long time I had this same belief about air. I am sure, hopefully after I am long dead and gone, they will figure out a way to bill us for breathing. We may be able buy some time while they set up the mapping and billing for air properties.

I wonder if the air space above ground owned properties will be granfathered in? I am sure we will have to pay addional taxes for the area abovegroundroperty. I wonder at what distance above the ground will they start billing, and how far up from that before they start billing for the upper echelon.

I wonder if there will be toll lanes for air travel. I just hope they straighten out the problems we have in our oceans before they start with wiping out the lifeforms above us.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Not me! I'll pass.

I went new car shopping and was a bit freaked out with the talking technology.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Warning: that first step out of your front door is a doozy!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I guess this solved the case where Putin was for those couple of weeks.

Depending on altitude,stability and turbulence this could be a worth while thing to look further into, in areas that have high tsunami concerns.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Too cool. Kinda weird though, when so many people are homeless. But maybe Russia doesn't have that problem.

F&S&
for a great find.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Cloud city anyone?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I could use a flying house! It would be ideal if they moved and took the place of cars, drive your house to work, so very cool.

Imagine inviting someone to your flying crib in the sky priceless!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I would buy one. Outfit it with Gatling Guns and missiles. Patrol the skies, robbing houses at gunship point and darting off into the night like a futuristic Snidely Whiplash.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
I would buy one. Outfit it with Gatling Guns and missiles. Patrol the skies, robbing houses at gunship point and darting off into the night like a futuristic Snidely Whiplash.

No guns allowed in Japan lol peaceful folk out there, but it would work for an anime story so kudos to ya!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join