It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Facts About The Current Conflict In Yemen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Found this ....

"Saudi Arabia has sent around 5,000 Takfiri mercenaries to fight against the Yemeni army and revolutionary committees,' Yemeni Army Commander Colonel Abdel Sattar al-Boushali told FNA on Saturday night.

The Yemeni commander, meantime, disclosed that the Saudi defense minister has asked Turkish officials to pave the grounds for the transfer of more terrorists from Turkish airports to Riyadh.

He noted that heavy clashes broke out between the terrorist groups and forces loyal to Yemen's revolutionary committees.

Colonel al-Boushali reiterated that Saudi Arabia is plotting to hire mercenaries to assassinate supporters of Ansarullah movement.

Saudi Arabia started airstrikes against Yemen early Thursday, one day after the US-backed Yemeni president fled the country.
www.almanar.com.lb... ETA This is a good interview with the Iranian spokes person

edit on 30-3-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Found this ....

"Saudi Arabia has sent around 5,000 Takfiri mercenaries to fight against the Yemeni army and revolutionary committees,' Yemeni Army Commander Colonel Abdel Sattar al-Boushali told FNA on Saturday night.

The Yemeni commander, meantime, disclosed that the Saudi defense minister has asked Turkish officials to pave the grounds for the transfer of more terrorists from Turkish airports to Riyadh.

He noted that heavy clashes broke out between the terrorist groups and forces loyal to Yemen's revolutionary committees.

Colonel al-Boushali reiterated that Saudi Arabia is plotting to hire mercenaries to assassinate supporters of Ansarullah movement.

Saudi Arabia started airstrikes against Yemen early Thursday, one day after the US-backed Yemeni president fled the country.
www.almanar.com.lb...

Perfect perfect perfect. Another great find. So far, I've only read the part you quoted but I'll get to it once I finish this side project.

For the record, "takfiris" are technically "any Muslim who calls other Muslims fake". But in most of the Mideast, they refer to Wahabis & their groups as "takfiris" because they deem all other Muslims as heathens. Iran & their allies usually only refer to Wahabis as "takfiris". So that part of the article is saying Saudi Arabia sent in 5,000 Wahabi mercenaries.

I'd guess the Western press will soon say that al-Qaeda or ISIS is now operating in Yemen to "protect the Sunnis in Yemen". But they won't mention the Saudi coalition sent them there or that many of the Sunnis are actually supporting the Houthis.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Found this ....

www.almanar.com.lb...

Perfect perfect perfect. Another great find. So far, I've only read the part you quoted but I'll get to it once I finish this side project.

For the record, "takfiris" are technically "any Muslim who calls other Muslims fake". But in most of the Mideast, they refer to Wahabis & their groups as "takfiris" because they deem all other Muslims as heathens. Iran & their allies usually only refer to Wahabis as "takfiris". So that part of the article is saying Saudi Arabia sent in 5,000 Wahabi mercenaries.

I'd guess the Western press will soon say that al-Qaeda or ISIS is now operating in Yemen to "protect the Sunnis in Yemen". But they won't mention the Saudi coalition sent them there or that many of the Sunnis are actually supporting the Houthis.

AlQuida is already in Yemen and have a small territorty they control while they fight all three of the other sides. This what the US has been doing in Yemen. Making sure they were to weak to take advantage of Yemens many internal conflicts.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

Found this ....

www.almanar.com.lb...

AlQuida is already in Yemen and have a small territorty they control while they fight all three of the other sides. This what the US has been doing in Yemen. Making sure they were to weak to take advantage of Yemens many internal conflicts.

So AQ's goal was to aid in destabilizing the territory? They are opposed to Iran's Assad up in Syria and have a stronghold there too (remember Obama's first day of bombing in Syria?) so why would they want to aid in placing an Iranian proxy army next to them in Yemen also? Are they just banking on the West aiding in defeating these proxies so they can be in place to fill the voids? Jihadi opportunists letting others do the big battling that they bait them into?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

Found this ....

www.almanar.com.lb...

True. Though the other side of it is that Al-Qaeda are the main Wahabis in Yemen. So it's not a coincidence that the Saudi Coalition not only isn't attacking them but is actually arranging for more terrorist groups to go there.

So I guess I should've said our media would present it as an influx of additional al-Qaeda or ISIS coming in to "protect the Sunnis in Yemen", without mentioning that the Saudi coalition sent them there or that many of the Sunnis are actually supporting the Houthis

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll just drop the info in this one.

135 civilians killed in alleged coalition airstrike on Yemen wedding

The bombing of a wedding party in Yemen by an apparent Saudi Arabia airstrike has killed 135 people. The Saudi-led coalition, which has air supremacy in the area, denied responsibility for the tragedy.

Two missiles tore through two tents in the Al-Wahijah village in southwestern Yemen, where a wedding celebration was underway. According to media reports, the ill-fated wedding reception was held by a local man affiliated with the Houthi rebels, who are being targeted by Saudi-led airstrikes.

The UN estimates that 135 people died in the attack. Many of the dead were women and children, witnesses said.

This 'collateral damage' is sickening IMO, but also, the lack of coverage of this event in the western MSM is quite compelling. Only the New York Post makes mention about it.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

half year later the above was added the prediction thread popped in my head
I am not saying anything both of the threads were completely random for me to comment
is just weird how we are connected here is all I am on about
and I am just leaving this as a note for myself a lot information here

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

half year later the above was added the prediction thread popped in my head
I am not saying anything both of the threads were completely random for me to comment
is just weird how we are connected here is all I am on about
and I am just leaving this as a note for myself a lot information here

No problem. I also check into a lot of threads for that exact reason.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

off topic
I just remembered who u are..
bigest sweetheart.. i just want to say thank you for being so kind
I don't want to go back to the topic but you helped me to move on.. a stranger on Internet : )

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Well thanks.
Not sure what I did, but I'm glad it helped. And if it turns out it was someone else instead of me, then I'm still glad it helped.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join