It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud rumbling sound, Cambs, UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Howdy peeps, how's everyone?
Mods, please move to appropriate forum if necessary.

I've not logged into ATS for some time but had to after what I just experienced.

Literally five or so minutes ago, I heard a faint rumbling sound. It kind of sounded like a low flying jet (we hear them around here quite often), but with a sharp rumble to it. I dismissed it within a few seconds of noticing it but then it again grabbed my attention by becoming louder.
I then started to feel a very minor vibration on the floor. I sat here kind of dumbstruck and was just listening, when really, I should have been at the window looking for the source. After about ten secounds of the noise, I saw a few flickers of light shining through the gaps in my closed curtains.
After the flickering, the noise and vibrations started to subside. I'm pretty sure it passed over my house as I was hearing it coming from the front of my house, then the front and also the back, and finally just from the back where it trailed off back to silence.

I imagined it as a meteor or something, by the way it sounded and felt (not that I've ever experienced one or anything).
Sorry I can't describe it any better, still kinda confused lol.

So, just posting to see if anyone else heard or saw something like this tonight/this morning.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: redize

Figure out whether it flew N to S , E to W (or visa versa). That may help you find an answer to such.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: steaming

What's your city hashtag?
I'm curious, maybe someone else witnessed it.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

London, and reason I suggested which direction is that I once opened our garden door, back in the 90s and saw a large red ball with a trail of smaller red objects following such. For a minute it looked low and I thought it would hit a local church tower. It headed in a South South east direction, no doubt some chunk of universal rock, never did find out what it really was, but had never seen anything fly across the sky so fast. It was supposedly heading out toward south africa ????????
edit on 29-3-2015 by steaming because: usual spelling mistake

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm in Peterborough and it was (sounded like) moving east to west in direction.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yeah we've got mexican food like that here too.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The sound was coming from below ground its vocanic activity.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Quite possibly methane.

There have been some very large and informative threads about this on here recently.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

When I heard what I assume was a meteor the noise was an irregular whistling, something like the vortex that can occasionally be heard after a jet has passed low overhead. I was sleeping outside, it woke me and the local pheasants.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Russian Bombers?

Actually, i say that only half in jest....if it was coming east to west then that would fit any planes coming from Russia. Of course, it may not have been a plane and could have been a meteor, as you suggested. I haven't seen any reports yet though.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Have they begun Fracking in the area, or surrounding area? Just a thought.
edit on 30-3-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamfox1

Actually, believe it or not Sri Ram Chandra predicted a surprise volcano rising up under London back in the 1920s, I believe the prediction was for this century (21). I remember when I read it ...I want to say in Efficasy on Raja Yoga, or perhaps another one of his 8-10 books that I have compiled in 3 volumes...I thought that was a pretty far out area to predict something like a volcano, but Raja Yoga Masters are plugged into things like few others.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Marlborough Red

Thanks for the link, that's quite an interesting thread, and a possibility, I guess.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I don't think there is any Fracking activity in the area, but a quick Google shows there has been some just north west of me in Nottingham/Leicester......

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

That.....I don't even want to imagine happening here lol

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I am in Wilts /Ox border and last night, well early this morning to be precise, and a few hours before that there was a similar deep rumbling, it wasn't unlike a very large aircraft, but it was far prolonged than usual.

There is an airbase a few miles from here directly north and often see and hear aircraft flying to and from. If this was any aircraft it certainly wasn't average and perhaps a few, as the sound was really prolonged, about 5 minutes, perhaps more.

Flight check sites might give an answer.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Yeah , take it as comic relief for now, hehe but he was the founder of my Ashram, so I put more stock in his statements then most, course I may of missed some other meaning.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: redize
I'm in Peterborough and it was (sounded like) moving east to west in direction.

So am i.Small world.

There is a flight path over peterborough to and from RAF Wittering. Could be something to do with that?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: fatpastyhead

Howdy neighbour

Yup, I'm aware of the flight paths around here. It could very well have been related to that, but I've not heard/felt anything like that around here before.
I've been checking local news for any reports from other people that may have heard it, but have come up with nothing so far.

Looks like this one is going to remain a mystery

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Any updates yet?

As a wild theory, about 10-15 years ago there were various reports (UK, US, Canada) of WW2 "battleship" size objects pinging radars and being tracked briefly at incredible speeds. If there was anything to those reports, could it be that tech is now in use? You would expect anything that size to make rumblings like nothing we have experienced to date......

top topics

join