It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Responses to GOP Congresspersons Facebook request for ACA horror Stories....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
www.dailykos.com...< br />

Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers posted an image on her official Facebook page, slamming the Affordable Care Act on the fifth anniversary of President Obama signing it into law. She asked constituents to share their Obamacare nightmare stories and well, the response probably wasn't what she expected.

I'll only quote a few of the replies noted in the story:

Her actual facebook page: www.facebook.com...

...for verification purposes (actually I'm surprized it's still there):

A sampling for your purusal:

My whole family now has coverage. The ACA is the cause for this, I work in health care, I have seen the increase in covered patients first hand. The next step is universal coverage, this will truly lower costs and provide the best care. Cathy, you barely work, spend most of your time catering to special interests so you can be re-elected.. All while receiving a large wage and the best health insurance and care. Stop telling us how it doesn't work while enjoying your tax payer funded care and life.

Instead of trying to repeal it why don't you improve it? Our local rural clinics are packed daily with people who have needed healthcare for years!! it is a godsend. It is pitiful this nation does not have healthcare for all and that doesn't mean the EMERGENCY room!!

I think we should repeal Obamacare, and replace it … with universal socialized medicine - like the rest of the industrialized nations of the world.

I work with doctors, nurses, hospital and clinic managers, non-profit service providers, citizens-at-large. Each of them can site an improvement they would like to make to the Act. But whether they are Republican or Democrat, from urban or rural areas, powerful or not, they all say the ACA is working.

Can't you and your Republican colleagues stop trying to repeal this Act and work to make it even more effective? Please?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Looks like the ACA supporters hit hard on this one !!

It's a heart attack !!

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The Obama shills are active. These are people are paid to post these fake stories.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Just like you right?

People have different perspectives that is life. It doesn't mean they are a shill.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

These people have emergency response teams just looking for something on the internet to hammer or attack. The Russians have them. The US Government has them. If you don't realize they exist that is your problem.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

If you are speaking from experience then I will admit I just met one.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Ted Cruz got nailed last year on the same note...

Obamacare Supporters Troll Ted Cruz On Facebook

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
My only problem with this whole thing is that if I don't purchase my own health care I will get fined, the US government isn't supposed to have that right. Although I think this one is only supposed to set the precedent for something the government wants to force me to purchase against my will in the future.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Proof of your accusation, please. Otherwise, I shall disregard you as a probably-paid GOP anti_Obama provacateur.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Haha, that is outstanding! And Ted Cruz has signed up for ACA too. Imagine that! The irony cracks me up.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I interface with the public on the benefits side of "ObamaCare" 7 days a week. There are horror stories, but they're coming from people who purchased the wrong plan. One that didn't include their local hospital, or doctors...or have emergency coverage for out-of-state travels.

Marketplace (Exchange) and IRS "horror" stories are just now starting to come in...but they're not as bad as someone finding out that their health insurance won't pay any of their $30,000 medical bill(s), because the wrong plan was purchased.

Overall, the population that is most satisfied are those who are below middle income. They have the lowest premiums and the lowest deductibles. They also received guidance from an Agent, Navigator, etc.. in picking a plan that included their local providers and also out-of-state coverage.
-cwm

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Just for you chen baby....

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The Obama shills are active. These are people are paid to post these fake stories.

Got any proof of that? Any so just blowing smoke out your.....

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

LOL.

Naturally, the intelligent and mature citizens of the USA understand the value of human health. That's why they maliciously deny and manipulate this benefit in order to create a permanent underclass of people. Can't have winners if you don't have losers.

Anyone supporting universal healthcare is obviously benefiting somehow and all those shills out there know it.

a list of shills that have wrong headedly embraced human health as a value

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I wonder how many of those people have actually tried to use their health insurance beyond just getting annual checkups? I wonder if they've encountered their deductibles while trying to use their insurance yet?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
"Obummercare has got to be bad since the ebil Kenyanmooslimcommie came up with ti and Murica will agree, amirite? WAAAH"

90% of posts about Romneycare I see put this in mind. The Dark Side is strong here..

edit on 3032015 by Ironhawke because: reasons

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hah. I guess she didn't get quite the response she was expecting. Especially considering a majority of "internet fluent" people are young, and usually liberal-leaning. Now if she had posed this question at a Waffle House in Southern Mississippi, the response would have been much different. This isn't so much a case of "Everyone wants Obamacare" proven on facebook, but more a cautionary tale of a conservative politician not understanding the general population of facebook and the internet as a whole.
edit on 30-3-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: I forgot how to english

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I wonder how many of those people have actually tried to use their health insurance beyond just getting annual checkups? I wonder if they've encountered their deductibles while trying to use their insurance yet?

Don't know - I'd have to read the hundreds of posts. Non-Obama care has huge deducibles and out of pocket costs causing untold bankrupcies to those with their own insurance.

Single payer is the answer - but this is a start. Nothings perfect but progress in a positive direction as evidences from these responses helps hundreds of thousands.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Non-Obama care has huge deducibles and out of pocket costs causing untold bankrupcies to those with their own insurance.

All Obama.Care policies have big deductibles.

Except for Medicaid policies, and some states are moving towards private HMOs for Medicaid.

/'o'\

Google: "" illinois medicaid hmo ""

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

All Obama.Care policies have big deductibles.

Except for Medicaid policies, and some states are moving towards private HMOs for Medicaid.

No they don't - take a look at them sometime. You pay a higher premium but they are availabe and it doesn't effect your susidy amount whatsoever.

edit on 30-3-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2 >>

join