It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative 3 is definately a hoax/joke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I took a look at the infamous Alternative 3 video posted at:

www.anomalies.net...

and after wondering about the validitiy of this for a number of years have come to the conclusion that this is a put on by the BBC. The american astronaut is an actor who has been in numerous movies. I don't know his name, but remember seeing him in many movies as secondary characters (dramas and scifi). Can anybody identify him and some of the movies he has worked on? He appears about 10-15 minutes into the video.

The whole thing seems like acting to me.

What do you all think?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I can't say with absolute convinction, because some parts of it seem to suggest conspiracy. The fact that it was claimed to be an April 1st joke, but it was televized in June. The fact that mysterious deaths and disappearences of British scientists is actually true. The fact that there were so many peope interviewed in it. If any of these were factors, then there is bound to be someone who can identify them.

However, I did get the feel it was a bit artificial, choreographed and directed and the people interviewed seemed to be too melodramatic. There was a lot of research presented in the documentary. Some of it should be verifiable if it real. Similarily, some of the people, supposedly lecturers at universities, should be identifiable. I can't say if it genuine or hoax eitherway, but I am leaning slightly more towards hoax.

[edit on 19-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It's a confirmed hoax. Wait until the credits role at the end, it shows you the actor's names who played the parts.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Its definately a hoax!

www.museumofhoaxes.com...

Just one of many links that prove that it was a hoax.

Spacemunkey

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Saw the original way back when on the first broadcast in England. It caused quite a stir and was really great. Most folks that I knew, at the time, thought it was really a cool broadcast. However, most everyone thought it was simply what it was. A TV show.

I had always hoped that it might be true, because I love a good conspiracy "thang", but alas ... I believe it is really just a TV show that got lots of cult support to be something other than what it was.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacemunkey
Its definately a hoax!

www.museumofhoaxes.com...

Just one of many links that prove that it was a hoax.

Spacemunkey

No, that does not prove anything. That just put's a label on it.

I had a sense that the documentary(or mockumentary) was too close to the truth. I am not going to dismiss it just yet.

I will be researching it, but in case I don't find it, can some verify if there was a climate change 20 years ago.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Awful acting. Never seen anything like it.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The TV program that was made in early 1977, was scheduled for transmission on the 1st April (April Fools Day), for some technical glitch it was'nt transmitted (no there is no conspiracy theory here!!! lol).

There is a history of 'Fake' TV programs that are broadcast on April Fools Day in the UK, thats all this is. Please see the link below.

ufos.about.com...
ufos.about.com...

There may or may not be 'some truth' into some of the conspiracies it touches upon in the fictional program ....but hey thats debateable.

Spacemunkey

top topics

join