It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess the MSM thinks Americans are too stupid for news

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Just googled "Walter Chronkite CFR" and quite a list comes at you.
Here is just one:
Chronkite Says Give Up Sovereignty for World Order

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The MSM in the US isn't anymore biased or played down than anywhere else imo. Sure there's Fox news, but every country has there own shock joc entertainment news shows. It's just the US has a population that supports a news channel like that 24/7, not to mention I'm pretty sure all western countries have Fox news on pay tv. So it's not like the rest of the worlds not watching it anyway

The BCC used to have the best quality and unbiased world news, but there really gone down hill these days. Where as CNN used to report news as if the US was the centre of the universe and no one else mattered. But these days I actually find CNN the best news station when it comes to quality world news.

lol, the pome's have gone backwards, yet the Americans have become far more internationally conscious and now demand better quality news coverage, imo.
edit on 29-3-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: dragonridr

So in other words this is just a sad attempt to bash western media and one more thing for the op Time isn't really main stream media. They are not a news organization unless you meant MSN and got confused. But Time is part of time Warner they are for entertainment not news. edit on 3/29/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

Oh I didn't know that CNN is not a news channel. Could of swore they were. And they are owned by Time Warner as well.

Didn't say it wasn't did I?? However again time warner is an entertainment company not a news company they bought turner broadcasting took over several of his channels including CNN but that's not even where the money is wtbs was the reason for the purchase. Time warner does everything from comics to feature films Warner currently has major operations in film and television, with a limited amount of publishing operations, specifically comic books. Among its subsidiaries are New Line Cinema, HBO, Turner Broadcasting System, The CW Television Network, Warner Bros., Kids' WB, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Adult Swim, CNN, DC Comics, Warner Bros. Animation, Cartoon Network Studios, Hanna-Barbera, and Castle Rock Entertainment.

So once again entertainment company they want to entertain the masses not give them news. In fact they tried to sell off CNN couldn't find a buyer. That's why CNN went to hell. However now they again are attempting to move it back into news but for years even CNN was doing fluff pieces and they had very few journalists on staff. With the success of FOX news they are revamping CNN.

Point still remains time magazine isn't news it's entertainment. More likely to find tourist info than news.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

And you just kinda made my whole point. ALL of the news companies are this way now.Its all entertainment period. Its not news anymore. Every now and then they throw in something that is happening,but most of the time,you might as well pick up a rag and read it for the news. A sad state of affairs.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
At least thats what you have to wonder about. Its either that or they are purposely keeping the news from us. Hey no surprise there right? This is just a taste of what passes for news in the US vs elsewhere in the world.Take a look.

www.dailykos.com...

Wonder why are younger people are tuned out? Not really.This isn't news in any shape.This is nonsense they are feeding us. This is why I don't pay any attention to the MSM anymore. I find it hard to even use to back up a point really.

The news is there to appease the stupid.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I"m finding more and more on CT Forums based in America , that a lot of breaking news or threads are links from U.K media sites. I find it strange how reporters in the U.K can get more details on what happens in the U.S than the journalists based in the U.S.

Just thought I'd add that, as I"m seeing it a LOT.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join