It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye drops granting night vision invented

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

It could be fun for anyone taking a night hike, and critically helpful for rescue teams or people working in dangerous environments at night.

They devised a solution made of the chemical chlorin e6 (Ce6), insulin, and dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO).

Within an hour, Licina told Mic, he could identify shapes the size of a hand 10 meters (33 feet) away in the dark. He and four controls (people who hadn't been dosed with the solution) then spread out in the woods, up to 50 meters apart — he could identify each person with 100% accuracy, while the others could only do so one-third of the time.

The next morning, his vision was back to normal and 20 days later there have been no noticeable side effects.

Source

This is awesome. Hopefully this ends up being safe... And affordable. I could see this as being one of those must-have emergency hiking items, or something carried by soldiers who may have to be active at night.
edit on 3/29/2015 by trollz because: forgot link

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz
the criminals and burgulars will enjoy it!

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Take note bigfoot hunters.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Already posted
Here

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I have UVietis and part of my medical regime is ocular prednisone (Pred Forte) drops and atropine drops. The atropine dilates the iris and relaxes the muscles controlling how much light gets into the eyes (opening the aperture size to let in more light). When I am on the upside of the 3 months of blindness (recovering) but still on the atropine, my night vision is amazing. I can see almost perfectly in a fully dark room with only subdued starlight through a single window. The eyes are "open" so much you have to wear very dark glasses during the day, because that much light for me anyway is painful.

If you were to use atropine once as it began to get dark and not again until the next night, you might be ok during the day as it is a temporary, but can be a cumulative, effect. Anyway, always check with a doctor and just my thoughts on simple chemical enhancement.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Whne i read the title I instantly though "So why didn't I think of that? And what can I gain from this to better predict the future?"

Well now that I think about it, I didn't know our eyes were so close to being able to see in the dark and just need an eye drop.

This is kind of like "New discovery: Chemically treated human skin granting bulletproof properties." Who'd of thought skin was so close?
edit on 29-3-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

join