It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all defenders of US policy and doctrine, hawks, shills, honest right wingers

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WineAndCheese9

if you think the u.s is the boogeyman, lets see how much you love your life under a russian led world. while understandably the u.s might not have the best economy or standard of living in the world nonetheless if the u.s were to collapse the entire world economy would crumble causing a world economic collapse. good luck!!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
EMP weapons... I think we have better examples of THOSE too OP
medium.com...
AND a better combat strategy..medium.com...
edit on 31-3-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Pretty RARE in our forces.

PTSD is not so rare in US forces...

Post-traumatic stress disorder afflicts roughly 2 to 5 percent of non-combat U.K. soldiers returning from deployment, while 7 percent of combat troops report PTSD. According to a General Health Questionnaire, an estimated 16 to 20 percent of U.K. soldiers have reported symptoms of common mental disorders, similar to the rates of the general U.K. population. In comparison, the authors say recent studies show U.S. soldiers experience PTSD at rates of 21 to 29 percent. The U.S. Department of Affairs estimates PTSD afflicts 11 percent of veterans returning from Afghanistan and 20 percent returning from Iraq. Major depression is reported by 14 percent of major soldiers according to study commissioned by RAND corporation; roughly seven percent of the general U.S. population reports similar symptoms. One Link of Many

A quick edit to make it clear that I am not singling out American forces, or indeed any military personnel in this regard. Rather, that a lot of Vets are being forgotten or ignored if they suffer mental health issues as a result of their service. In Canada, our Dear Leader only 'gets it' in election years, so I'm far from being smug.
edit on 31-3-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

During the war it is and that is the only factor where someone would CRACK and murder innocents.
I know AND I have it,during the war I was distracted with not screwing up .
There isn't any time for philosophical reflection when one is getting shot at.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

During the war it is and that is the only factor where someone would CRACK and murder innocents.
I know AND I have it,during the war I was distracted with not screwing up .
There isn't any time for philosophical reflection when one is getting shot at.

Somehow, I think we're talking at cross purposes for no good reason, and I don't have an axe to grind with you (this time out...lol), so we should probably focus on the the trolling expedition that is this thread. Cool?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

K...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join