It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all defenders of US policy and doctrine, hawks, shills, honest right wingers

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Neither you nor anybody you ever served with was in the Korean war,Korea yes,the war no,I am just relating a story as told to me by a man that actually was there whatever glorious victories you had there were matched by some first class ass kickings along the way

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: khnum
After the emp its bugles and flags thats a Chinese not Russian specialty.Its obvious who is going for the ascendency and its not Russia

You do know our military is ready for a EMP actually right? They will be just fine and if there is a invasion they will know about it before it even gets here to put a crimp in that jackboot walk. As well as hundreds to thousands of pissed off americans whose electronics got fried looking for some payback and someone to take it out on.

The US military comps are radiation hardened.

And use more analog than digital.

Sure an EMP could take out some of our more advanced capabilities, but our capability to fight would remain fully intact.

Artillery "the king of battle" which I served 6 years in.

Does use a comp as its main chart plotting tool.

But we also do it old school with a actual chart table pins colored pencils RDP( RANGE DEFLECTION PROTRACTOR) and TFT( TABULATE FIRING TABLE) as well as slide rulers I am not at liberty to comment on.

Then check the numbers against each other and the safety fan (which is a fancy way if saying "everything" in the general direction the gun tubes are facing) to make sure we won't hit our guys.

The chart table still uses grid squares of 1k m by 1k m squares, with pins and known points as markers, with many fast reference points for easy plotting.

We still use all the old school methods, which I am honor bound under force of law not to discuss the intimacies of.

Including radio traffic com's, which I am well versed in, and the methods and uses of not only maintaining comsec but "breaking" into the freqhop we use, that normally takes a "plugger" .

I can not disclose its name or function or security, but can comment on the fact it is EMP resistant, and can be fully 100% wiped of all clasdified data in less than 5 seconds, by 3 different methods.

Yes the US is quite versed in EMP aftermath warfare.

Only the civies and local govs would be adversely affected.

That is a non sequitur as far as a Russian first strike plan.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Friends father was in Korea saw the entire US army four times,three times headed in the wrong direction,best you did was fight the Chinese to a stalemate,quantity has a quality of its own when you go through three machine gun barrels and theres still swarms coming your not having a good day,and bad days were pretty regular you haven't fought a conventional war against a formidible opponent in over 50 years now I wouldn't be overconfident.

I starred you because you are right.

You can only shoot so many rounds through an sir cooled weapons in short duration before the weapon can't take it.

That was the reason that war went soooo bad.

The Chinese used their best weapon, more bodies than we could drop faster than we could drop them.

But they are no threat, they lack the ability to move them off shore in sufficient numbers to matter.

So yes a land war on their border would be a problem, but they couldn't move 1/4 as many people in 6 months as the US military in 6 weeks over the ocean.

The US has less but what they have is far more mobile thus versatile.

The Chinese know this, thus they stick to mainland China, they don't have a choice.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: WineAndCheese9

This is weird and seems a little off.

Um, almost everything you said was not like a real conservative....what would be a moderate. It was extremist and far flung for credibility. Almost radical liberal....

Also, its strange that you group shills together with the rest as if different facets of the same thing. Almost ignoring the leftist shills that promote globalization under the guise of multiculturalism and PC culture meant to castrate critical thought about the status quo.

This is more like a list of everything you consider an opponent and written as if the perspective was accurate, which it is not.

It shows a lack of real knowledge about the dynamic of American left and right politics. It seems very influenced by foreign propaganda.
Very strange.

I suppose this is where you answer back with a typical colloquialism and assure me that you are more american than apple pie?

edit on 3 30 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

MY DAD was a command poolot in a FIGHTER group so forgive me if I saty with muy own narrative as I was taught about it.
MY mother in law told me how she was a child during the war and what it was like for her.
OF course a small bregade was certainly overrun and when the Chinese showed up it was messy but event6ually we won.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

I was more talking about a confrontation in the Asia pacific region than a US invasion,nobody currently has the logistics capability for that operation other than the US itself, so you could possibly say the only threat currently to the US domestically is itself,China however is increasing its power and sphere of influence in the world which means it must develop a navy to protect its trade and other interests,this Navy will be in disputed areas like the Phillipines,Vietnam and Japanese border areas where the US has not sided with China as to who owns the territory,I really dont think Putin is the major threat rather a Gulf of Tonkin incident with the Chinese I feel a more realistic possibility.

I starred you again.

We might not agree on some issues, but you do accurately portray real world military ability.

Where are you from?

Just curious.

Many lack the sane reasoning of real world logistics you are portraying.

I hear "america blah blah blah" "Russia blah blah blah" "China blah blah blah" all the time, it is refreshing to hear honest realworld observations from others.

The best generals are those that can accurately picture their armies and the enemies in real world abilities.

Not " my side can win because I think they will" but honest assessment of the actual real world facts.

It is true America would get smacked down invading China( just like everyone else dumb enough to try that today)

But nobody has a honest chance of invading continental America either.

Or most likely Russia either.

I would like to discuss actual strategy with you further.

I like the way you think.

We should play chess sometime.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

We aren't we're accurate.
IF the GENERALS are fighting and not the politicians we can handle whatever.
Funny I WAS in Korea and married one.
NEVER heard THAT before.
WE also took out the 4th largest Army on the planet in 3 days.
I think you are mistaken about a great MANY things.

If the generals fought and prosecuted all wars in american history instead of politicians.... We would have lost 0 .

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdamuBureido
a reply to: 200Plus

oh dear...

shakes head

you're not aware that china already established a beachhead in NYC?

One_Chase_Manhattan_Plaza

On October 18, 2013, JPMorgan sold the building to Fosun, a Chinese investment company, for $725 million.[5]

$725 million worth WAAYY more than a piddly $725 million

The final evidence of a wrecked House of Morguen is the massive property sale for a meager $725 million. David Rockefeller would roll over in his grave, except that he still breathes among the Satanic warm bodies, soon destined for the worms and nether world. His JPMorguen iconic former headquarters at One Chase Manhattan Plaza was sold for a measly $725 million, which deserves repeating. The tower itself is worth twice that figure, in a healthy market that fetches true value. One must wonder if the sweet deal is in return for a truckload of toxic USTreasury Bonds wrapped in a package deal. The same JPM HQ location is the property complex that houses their commercial gold vault. It is the largest vault in the world. One Chase Manhattan Plaza combines three main components: a 60-story tower, a 2.5 acre plaza, and a 6-story base, of which five floors are beneath grade (underground). Excavations, said to be the most extensive in New York City history, reached a depth of 90 feet during its construction long ago. The construction is ornate and elaborate, featuring white Italian marble travertine, and fortified to withstand both a nuclear attack and a massive flood. The L-shaped plaza levels the sloping site and conceals six floors of operations, which includes an auditorium and the bank vault. The motives for sale to a Chinese property conglomerate remain shrouded in mystery.

China just acquired the building that houses the world’s largest gold vault. Contrast with the frenetic Chinese gold imports in the last several months from Hong Kong, totaling 2000 metric tons in the past two years. Conclude possibly that China has decided it will no longer settle for domestically held gold and has begun to expand its global vault facilities, kind of like golden colonies or outposts, better yet arsenals and armories. The acquisition is an important step in the Grand Paradigm Shift of power moving from West to East. To put it in military terms, the Chinese just established a beach head in South Manhattan. It is more than a beach head. They took control of the USFed Operational HQ. Game over!! The USFed just surrendered!! The last people to know will be Americans. Word will filter through Wall Street. Watch the Wall Street investment banks soon announce the news of Chinese Govt debt being sold on US soil, just like in London. The whores of Manhattan can pivot and salute the Eastern master. The Chinese have captured the flag, by acquiring under duress the trophy tower. May John Pierpoint Morgan roll over in his two-timing grave also, an efficient agent for the Bank of England in the recapture of the US Colony a century ago.
www.silverdoctors.com...
1st of 3 vids

I starred you.

But must point out, property owned in another nation especially during war is money lost.

The US can just take it back and that is that.

This is a fact of history that has happened many times.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

No problems Im sure you served your country well as has your family and your a poster I read and enjoy,these things can be touchy but I have to defend my friends father Kevin,he was in a company that was attacked by swarms of Chinese and after burning out 3 machine gun barrels and hand to hand combat he was the only person to walk of that ridge alive,you dont get any medals if theres no one left alive to cite you he does not speak of the war to many but when he does its the truth and its not pretty.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Im from Australia actually strategy is a topic of interest to me too especially Chinese and Japanese my favorite book is 100 Unorthodox strategies lessons on the Chinese art of war also guerilla warfare as done by Mao and The Red Army in world war two.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

AIR cav in Korea in 86 genius,The old folks LOVED us,not the WAR.
I 'm 54.
I am familiar with history and WE kicked the Chinese BACK into China after we destroyed the Norks,I'd say that works as we sure as hell didn't need anything from China.
In 49 My father was Base Comdr of Clarke,I 'd say I COMPLETELY understand the Korean war better ,YES?

Just to point out.

You guys were in full on beast mode!!

I have nothing respect for your service!!!

Today we whine about our crappy internet connection so we cab Skype our wives.

You guys just wanted food water and blankets.

I am the pussification incarnate of the proud heritage you guys lived!!!

Korea was actually more like the ww1 culture than the ww2 culture.

It was very very bad.

Cav I for one have nothing but respect for anyone that cane out the other side as well adjusted as you.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Neither you nor anybody you ever served with was in the Korean war,Korea yes,the war no,I am just relating a story as told to me by a man that actually was there whatever glorious victories you had there were matched by some first class ass kickings along the way

Are effing kidding me?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Read the conversation between us fully please

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: WineAndCheese9

This is weird and seems a little off.

Um, almost everything you said was not like a real conservative....what would be a moderate. It was extremist and far flung for credibility. Almost radical liberal....

Also, its strange that you group shills together with the rest as if different facets of the same thing. Almost ignoring the leftist shills that promote globalization under the guise of multiculturalism and PC culture meant to castrate critical thought about the status quo.

This is more like a list of everything you consider an opponent and written as if the perspective was accurate, which it is not.

It shows a lack of real knowledge about the dynamic of American left and right politics. It seems very influenced by foreign propaganda.
Very strange.

I suppose this is where you answer back with a typical colloquialism and assure me that you are more american than apple pie?

Lol....bwahaha...ahahaha!!!!

You honestly called that perfect!!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

No problems Im sure you served your country well as has your family and your a poster I read and enjoy,these things can be touchy but I have to defend my friends father Kevin,he was in a company that was attacked by swarms of Chinese and after burning out 3 machine gun barrels and hand to hand combat he was the only person to walk of that ridge alive,you dont get any medals if theres no one left alive to cite you he does not speak of the war to many but when he does its the truth and its not pretty.

I am sure it is only things another combat vet can understand.

After burning through the first barrel in a minute you start to worry, after your second a minute later you get scared, after your third is turning red......

I havent lived it only heard stories.

I did serve, I did see combat, but not like that....

Modern combat seems a tea party compared to past conflicts.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Im from Australia actually strategy is a topic of interest to me too especially Chinese and Japanese my favorite book is 100 Unorthodox strategies lessons on the Chinese art of war also guerilla warfare as done by Mao and The Red Army in world war two.

If you look at every modern day conflict through the eyes of Tsun Tzu, you see why they lost.

They did not follow his warnings/teachings.

If one follows his rules of war they will never lose a single battle.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Be grateful your service is over the next war will involve a war for your mind,and the mind has no firewall the non-lethal and psychotronic abilities they've developed are going to give new meaning to post traumatic stress disorder.Knowing whats out there Im greatful Im too old to be of interest to the military in a combat role.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

With sincerity, I feel the urge to point this out...

Of almost 200 posts in this thread, over 20% belong to you.

edit on 30th March 2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: VigiliaProcuratio

With sincerity, I feel the urge to point this out...

Of almost 200 posts in this thread, over 20% belong to you.

Like lol wow, that is a lot.

I type fast when I have been drinking beer.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Hehe, I get what you're saying there. The gaffer knows what I'm like so I'll shut up now.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join