It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Future Combat Systems!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I've checked this out on the American Side of the www.army.com of the website, AND MAN, I'M VVVVEEEERRRRRYYYY IMPRESSED!!!! Tanks that can fire at targets 8 km away, the new unmanned veichles, both land and air, the new ICV, Infrantry Combat Veichles, that can 9-Man Infrantry Squads and enough firepower 4 sure. AND ALOT MORE!!!

With this new stuff, THOSE INSURGENTS R SCREWED IN IRAQ R SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSCREWED!!! 1 prob, it won't be out until 2010 at least.
, so unfortunately, we'll have alot more causalties to go till then.

Check the media shows and the overview.
The website is www.army.mil/fcs/
Say what u think about them.

Mod Edit; All caps title only.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well it the war in Iraq lasts until 2010, don't expect there to be much of a military left!
Besides the amount of time it takes to initiate these programs, the money will have already been sequestered for other things. Cool technology demostrations though!

[edit on 19-12-2004 by Sigma]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
^^^ The economy will pick up, other countries will help flip a portion of the bill and most of these programs will go on...
You should see what the USAF has planned�

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
In my exsperence if the military says it will be ready around 2010, in reality it will be closer to 2020. And although it would be nice if the other free nations of the world would help, there not a snow balls chance they ever will.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This may lend credence to this topic, since it was brought up once before:
US Army's "Future Combat Systems" Program

seekerof

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
And you KNOW who the Lead Systems Integrator is!

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

In my exsperence if the military says it will be ready around 2010, in reality it will be closer to 2020. And although it would be nice if the other free nations of the world would help, there not a snow balls chance they ever will.

Most of the technology seems to have been developed. If they're talking about fielding a unit to test this by 2010, I'd say it can't really be that far off.

We probably won't see a full change until 2020, though.

I think I've already said in another topic that FCS will revolutionize infantry. It'll be up there with the creation of phalanxes, and the Roman legions.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Looks good. Hopefully UK will come up with some of this in case of attack!

By the look of them they seem to be 3D designs, they'll probally have it done by 2010-2015 if they can get the money...

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I am sure the machinery is great, but the weakness in Iraq is in the intell and the politics.

It was the military stomping around without the other 2 that caused most of the problems in Iraq....

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
And the fact that NO WoMD have been found show they didn't go there to get them. This machinery will really open up doors for USA, watch the overview viedo here.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I am sure the machinery is great, but the weakness in Iraq is in the intell and the politics.

This machinary could be a huge asset in urban warfare. It's more mobile, powerful, and it comes with an advanced network that keeps all soldiers in contact. It gives our soldiers a view of the battlefield unlike anything any army in history has enjoyed.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
But one bug in the system and enemies/hackers could know exactly what the miliatary are doing and inform enemies...

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I doubt any hacker is breaking into a system devised by the Pentagon.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer
I doubt any hacker is breaking into a system devised by the Pentagon.

They use their own Intranet which is not hooked up to the internet at all I believe So you could be the best hacker on the internet and unless you can use a system that is hooked up into their intranet theres not much you could do.

I really doubt any insurgents using RPGs and roadside bombs will be able to hack into it. Its designed to stop big nations from hacking into it.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
On Channel 4 [UK only] their is a program called The Heist on weekly on a Tuesday. The hcaker in that was charged with breaking into Pentagon systems but never served the sentence due to technical difficulties and lack of information...

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The Pentagon has systems that are hooked up to our internet. www.defenselink.mil...
www.defenselink.mil...

You could hack sites like these to your hearts content but your never going to get into any weapon systems or find plans for the B-2.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Is it me or does the barrel on this artillery tank look stupidly long?

(image from pre-mentioned link)

[edit on 20-12-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
No, I'd say it's a good size, adds to accuracy...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yeah on that barrel, longer the barrel, the greater the accuracy and range. And notice all the base vehicles are the same. What a great idea, must lower cost a ton.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I also noticed that all the vehicles looked the same apart from the turret [if they have one]. The videos are good to watch:
Video 1
Video 2
Video 4
General Overview

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join