It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twinkies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

i like the red coconut the most. i don't know why.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

EEW! I hate coconut. My wife keeps trying to convince me that I am crazy and that I like it.

I am a 32 year old adult...okay, maybe adultish...but I have been alive long enough to know I don't like coconut.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

thats the thing...me neither.

I like the flavor, but its like having a mouthful of toenails. But almond joy...the coconut covered zingers and donuts....i like those.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

So, you don't like the snowballs?
Hmm I never thought to compare the texture of coconuts to toenails. Then again, I never had toenails in my mouth. You must be either really flexible or kind of weird lol.

If it's the second one, don't worry. I am too.
edit on 29-3-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke
a reply to: AdamuBureido

Twinkies lasting forever? Hate to break it you, but....

Just tryin ta help.

These new improved twinkies have a shelf life of 45 days.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I've never liked coconut and after that description.... I never will.

Very apt.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea
a reply to: Tindalos2013

So...I am curious how much weight did you gain?

Ive always been a naturally light in weight person and exercise when I can be bothered to. I'm not worried really.
edit on 29-3-2015 by Tindalos2013 because: the moon bunnies have cut the power.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm the opposite of you! I've had a Twinkie or two in my time. They're OK, but I like the chocolate cupcakes better.

It's the Pop Tarts I could never, ever bring myself to eat.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
a reply to: Tindalos2013

lucky charms
yeay
I wanted to try salt water taffy:/

Where are you that you don't have that? They make it at all the fairs here, fresh. It's a popular summer fair treat.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm particular to blueberry pop tarts.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I had a friend who had a German grandmother. Every summer, she would go visit her grandmother in Germany, and she would bring back a treat bag of THE MOST INCREDIBLE STUFF! I was always so jealous. Sometimes, I privately hope my husband gets transferred to corporate in Germany for a few years just so I can chase that stuff down for myself.

Also, there were a group of Mexicans up from a facility in Guadalajara, and they brought up thank you packs of Mexican candies. I'm not sure what all they were, but there were these chewy things that I am thinking almost had to be tamarind candies. They were sort sweet/spicy/sour all at once and weirdly addictive.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Nyiah

Mexican candy.....

...you learn it isn't really candy at all. Its tart and hot as hell. Tamarind isn't candy....i don't care what my wifes family says.

but they do have a thing they do with watermelon that i like: mix a little salt and chili powder and sprinkle it over your watermelon and/or cantaloupe.

Back in FL, we lived a short walk from a little veggie store run by a Mexican family. Their primary stock was local fruits & veggies from the area farms, but they had various Central & South American snacks, too. I LOVE the dried mango w/ the sugar-chili powder coating, that stuff is addictive. For several months, that's all my kids would even eat for candy, too, they loved it. We also discovered Columbia's answer to Oreo cookies. We bought the entire box (shipment box, not individual box, 2 dozen, we bought 2 dozen packages of cookies. I still feel no shame) off them once and just went on a cookie binge. They make 'em so much better, the sugary sweet is more subdued, and the cream filling is more creamy. I can't remember the name of these either, but I'll definitely recognize the packaging when I find them again.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I've just learned that April 6th is National Twinkie Day.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Its the stuff we have along the border that is hard to take. Tamarind is so tart, and the flavor is so unique...

I am also not a fan of the pan dulce. they use lard typically, and it gives a film on the roof of your mouth that is obnoxious. but they are sure pretty to look at.

i used to buy a small plastic spoon will a scoop of "tamarindo" on it from the ice cream truck. You could suck on that little blob of tamarind candy for hours, usually getting tired of it before you finished. But i still get some from time to time. Memories and all.

There is another one that I used to get. The name for it is also slang for something we don't discuss on ATS...so i will abstain from naming it. But it was basically a small cone of brown sugar/raw sugar and tamarind, with a healthy dose of chili powder mixed in for painful measure. those were really addictive. the sweet, tart, spicy...that is the best of what Mexcian candy is.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

My family puts salt on their melon all the time, but my husband had never heard of it and thinks I'm weird. I had never heard of adding chili powder with the salt. I might have to try that sometime.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I love those tamarind candies with the chili powder coating on it. Mexican candy is good. I like the combination of sweet and spicy.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I like the chocolate fudge pop tarts. The s'mores ones are okay. Not too big on the maple and brown sugar ones. They're too gritty. It's like eating sand. And, yes, I've eaten sand. Not on purpose, mind you but I ate it.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Always reminds me of Dan White and his twinkies defense. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 1   >>

join