It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twinkies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Over the course of seven days I've eaten ten twinkies.

Being from the UK I've seen this classic american snack referenced in films, being eaten by sterotyped police officers or stoners.

I saw the twinkies on the shelf in my local Tesco shop. Suddenly I was overcome with a patriotic impulse and scooped up a handful of these sweet temptions. Each of the boxed packs contained two twinkies. The store was also selling Lucky Charms, milk duds, fudge pop tarts and other american food snackery.

The twinkies were a real taste treat.

edit on 29-3-2015 by Tindalos2013 because: the moon bunnies went nuts!

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

From the UK trust me. Dip it in batter and deep fryer nothing better.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

twinkies are said to last forever without spoiling.

you have no idea how old those twinkies you snarfed up were

(runs off cackling)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I wish we had a shop like that here for food from your country. I had a friend send me some chocolates from there years ago, and I have been depressed since.

Believe it or not... I have never had a Twinkie. Ever. I've never had the urge to try one, but I know lots of folks like them.

I do like the pop tarts though. You should try those next.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
When I was a teenager, I had penpals all over the world, and we traded stuff allll the time. I sent one kid a small garden-sized scarecrow autumn decoration, little village in S. Korea. Got a lovely carved mask wall decoration in return (about about messed myself, I never expected something as nice as THAT!) The European kids always wanted to trade for their favorite American candies, or were eager to try them. Hershey bars/kisses were extremely popular. When it came to candy, they'd ask if I'd want something specific in return. My reply was the same, "If it's not too expensive, I'd love a small Fazer bar!" The Finnish kids always came through on that, obviously (Finnish brand)

Seriously, best. chocolate bar. EVER. To my American chocolate acclimated tongue it was, anyway! To this day, I hold a soft spot for Fazer's milk chocolate. I was also traded a couple of Croatian treats I can't remember the name of (sort of like those Chinese almond candies, but not quite as sweet) that I've been hoping to find again for many years, as well as some really strange Japanese hard candies. Sweet, but kind of tart at the same time with an odd, almost musky undertone. I liked those, they were different. Trying other cultures' treats was awesome, I still like doing it when I can find them in the US

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I like them, too. Moon pies are great, too. Especially the chocolate covered ones. Dang it now I want a twinkie. Thanks lol.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I was less than sober once and decided to try this. It was surprisingly good.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

lucky charms
yeay
I wanted to try salt water taffy:/

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

that was super funny
I love ur stories
will also check out the book u recommended

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Twinkies come in different flavors. The golden ones are classic. The chocolate ones are awesome too. A fun twinkie thing to do ... watch the movie 'Zombieland' and have twinkies as snacks while watching. It goes with the movie.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I might just do that one day soon.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark You also need a RC Cola to go along with your Moon Pie.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AdamuBureido

Twinkies lasting forever? Hate to break it you, but....

Just tryin ta help.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AdamuBureido

I can tell You from experience that they do go bad. I was a kid in grade school, like 4th grade, and one day while coming home on the school bus, there was a twinkie, unopened in it's wrapper on the floor in the back of the bus and I was starving! I picked it up, unwrapped it, and scarfed it down. It wasn't ten minutes later, and I was heaving my guts out!!! I never touched a twinkie again for like 35 years!! The one day I said hell with it, and bought one. I was scared to eat it at first, LOL, but did it anyway. It was so good!!! LMAO!!!

So in short, Yes they do go Bad!! LMAO!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

So...I am curious how much weight did you gain?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

I thought it was moon pies and Mountain Dew?

Someone mentioned fried twinkies, ice not tried that, but fried Oreos are the bomb!

edit on 29-3-2015 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

now they make chocolate dipped twinkies, and they are pretty fantastic. the only thing that i can think to make them better: coffee flavored cream instead of the regular vanilla cream

but yeah....i like twinkies. and ding dongs, and ho hos.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Mexican candy.....

...you learn it isn't really candy at all. Its tart and hot as hell. Tamarind isn't candy....i don't care what my wifes family says.

but they do have a thing they do with watermelon that i like: mix a little salt and chili powder and sprinkle it over your watermelon and/or cantaloupe.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You can make twinkie milkshakes too.
Info Here
I've never had one but I'd imagine it's a huge sugar rush.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

HA!... Twinkies are child's play.

If you think they are good then you should try Vanilla Zingers. Feast your eye's below:

They are like Twinkies, but covered in the vanilla frosted tears of an angel.

signed, overweight American.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join