It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman passed out drunk on the interstate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Scary stuff. I like that the firefighter asked the guy to quit filming so they could get medical info and that he actually did.

Horrible situation and I hope this woman gets the help she needs. A night out isn't worth getting killed or killing someone else, and if that's not a deterrent to call a cab or stay home then the costs from getting a DUI should be (and trust me, I know).

I drink regularly, but I don't think I've ever been so drunk that someone slapping the glass next to my head wouldn't wake me up. I'm amazed this woman didn't wreck her car.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
people like this make me so angry!
there is no excuse for it at all!
luckily she did not kill anyone.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Well that just takes stupid to a whole new level.....whats up with the youth of today....this same thing happened just last week to a friend of my GF's niece ....fell asleep in the middle of the freeway just like the woman in the vid....

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Alcohol, likely compounded with pills.
That would be my first guess. I know what it looks like.
Maybe she is just hypoglycemic.
She had no business being on the road.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I feel that dumbassery spans generations.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

At least she was wearing a seatbelt

edit on 28/3/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

wow, first off the guy recording deserves to be a cameraman if he is not one already. That was shot like an episode of cops. Nice job, damn.

Second, this is the second video I have seen in less than 2 hours about this exact thing. The last one I saw was an Australian guy just sleeping while parked in lane number 1....totally drunk and sleeping in an active lane at night no less.

I thought this was that video. Is there like a thing where this happens more now?

Drunkards with car keys are like mad men with nuke launch keys. They ruin lives like its nothing in a blink of an eye.

What a vat of drunken piss. Lock her the hell up....

edit on 3 28 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Never used to care what anyone else did before or while they drove.
It didn't effect my life so whatever.

[RANT]

Then in 2007 I almost lost my life when I was stopped for construction on the highway, and a drunk three times over legal limit, rear ended me full speed over 55 mph.

I now proudly carry my pedestal to stand on and shout to anyone that drinks and drives...

YOU ARE A FREAKING IDIOT !!!

Yes, like sending me to the hospital, seeing doctors, spending two years dealing with insurance and gobs of money was a lot of fun.

It was still better than dying. Not everyone gets the break I got.

The drunk only got a year in jail.

[/RANT]

Idiots.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Thats him the dude i mentioned in previous post.....he wasn't drunk he was on something else...

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I don't like drunk drivers.
I was actually wondering if she might have been having a diabetic episode. It looks the same as being drunk sometimes. A guy in Indiana got pulled over because cops thought he was driving drunk. They pulled him out of the car and beat the crap out of him. It turned out his sugar was low.
I think she might be drunk though. I hope she gets help and keeps off the road the next time.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Should be an automatic 2 year jail time and life long ban on driving!

Screw anyone who says that's to harsh for a mistake I hate drunk drivers one changed my life forever and I have no sympathy for them.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Should be an automatic 2 year jail time and life long ban on driving!

Screw anyone who says that's to harsh for a mistake I hate drunk drivers one changed my life forever and I have no sympathy for them.

I am on board with you there. Maybe more than two years. And all their money.

And maybe castration to prevent more idiots from being bred.

You cannot imagine how my wife of less than six months felt when she got the call.

So yes. Those who have experience know exactly what you are feeling just discussing it.
edit on 29-3-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
My wife's father was killed in a car crash by a drunk driver. Granted, there's more to the story. They were all drunk in the car. My wife's father died and the driver ended up paralysed. She was 7 years old when it happened and has never really got over it. Many lives were destroyed that night.

How many more people have to die?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Good Lord lol...

I have come across that scenario twice in my career. One was at bar closing and we were at the light. Light turns green and traffic doesn't move. We go check the car and the driver is passed out, gear in drive with her foot on the brake, her head tilted back and to the side of the headrest, mouth wide open with some breathing issues going on(sounded like snoring).

The second was on the highway and the idiot driver thought he could drive while taking Ambien and a muscle relaxer.

She keeps it up she will get her very own Darwin award entry.

edit on 29-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Wow, dangerous situation. Anyone could have careened into the back of this young ladies car. Kudos to the police for saving this young ladies life and possibly others.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Looks like she's nodding out on heroin to me.

Southern California is saturated with heroin, methamphetamine, and coc aine. It's forever flowing across the border out of Mexico. The poison is sold dirt cheap. Addictions are beyond epidemic. Hard drug dealers and users need to be dealt a serious blow. I have zero respect, for the weak users or the greedy self-serving pushers.

I drove a AAA tow-truck on I-805 for a couple of years. It's sketchy work at night. There's definitely no shortage of idiots on the road.

Interstate 805 (en.wikipedia.org...)

edit on 29-3-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Ya because people never drank and drove back in you're day right?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64

Ya because people never drank and drove back in you're day right?

I am sure many many MANY young people expressed youthful ignorance and did stupid things.

And mostly I bet everything turned out just fine.

Someone once told me that you know you are getting older when you start to bury your freinds.

For me, that started when I was 18.

And it hasnt stopped.

How many times can you predict the outcome of Russian Roulette. For yourself, or worse, someone else? Even worse, someone you care about.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seasoul

Many people here won't agree with you, but they never had to grow up with parent had a drug problem either. My Moms drug habit was the best anti-drug in the world. Thanks mom!

My children were killed by their drunk driving father. Today is one of my better days as far as coping goes.

My husband has been in two near fatal accidents as a result of drugs and alcohol and has to live with chronic pain as a result.

It's funny when I go to the Dr.s and they ask about drug and alcohol use as i am so against it, and then they try to prescribe me things like xanax or percocet for pain and when I don't readily accept the prescription thy say I am being belligerent. (This was after a non alcohol related crash a few weeks ago)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Oh yes, and by the way, it was in fact alcohol. Lots of alcohol.

www.10news.com...

I wonder how it feels to be on the other side of the camera now, as an aspiring journalist.

Interestingly, the cameraman was also in fact a photojournalist.

Karma is a bitch.

edit on 30-3-2015 by smirkley because: i am not a journalist and I make spelling mistakes often.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join