It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Rumsfeld goes, who would be better?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Rumsfeld has done a number of things that have placed him on my crap-list:

1. He has never attempted to have the humble, reverent attitude at a time when it is most expected.

2. He is our official Baghdad Bob as far as I'm concerned. The man either doesn't take the time to find out what is really going on (he doesn't take the time to sign condolensce letters so this really might be it) OR he knows damned well what the real situation has been at any given time and still chooses to lie about it.

3. He needs to be brought up on charges for this: www.thedivinesibyl.com...

4. He's the wealthiest person serving on the Bush cabinet and I'm still waiting to hear him offer to serve this position as a servant to the people - which would be free of charge....and that's the way the REAL government servants used to do it. He of all people could afford to do this.

5. He never has re-acted to the abuse charges committed under his watch and leadership - and evidenced to have taken place in a military environment that lacked leadership, equipment, training and vision of mission - in an appropriate manner.

6. I haven't heard him apologize for the fact that U.S. personnel are dying in Iraq from the explosives that were stolen because he and the top military officials answering to him decided to go in so light that mass-production explosives facilities couldn't be secured because of the lack of boots on the ground.

7. He may not wear clusters - but he sure has been leading one.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Well, I'm not Valhall, and I undoubtedly lack the "intellect to articulate specificity"; but I will tell you that Rumsfeld, due to peoples' perceptions of him, has lost his political base and is becoming more and more distrusted by the American people.

Whether he "deserves" such or not is irrelevant to this discussion; for a plethora of reasons, Rummy has lost the respect and trust of too many influential people on both sides of the chamber.

That, by itself, is an acceptable rationale for his "retirement".

So if any cabinet member loses "respect" of congress or the news media he should resign? How spoiled we have become. He was part of the defeat of afganistan, a country that handed the USSR it head even though they used everything they had including bio/chemical agents against them.

Iraq/Saddam went down pretty fast also.

Sorry, I must disagree here.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Rumsfeld has done a number of things that have placed him on my crap-list:

Number one - Humility-OK I'll grant you that. He's arrogant

Number - two - bagdad bob is isn't. He is very well versed in doing his job. He has built up the military from the dismal shape it was in from Clinton.

Number - three - Charges for what? Being on the board of a company that wanted the contracts to build something that Clinton "Gave" to N Korea as part of a treaty?

Number - four - Then almost every person in the house and senate should give back there paychecks - we agree on this point if it applies to them.

Number - five - There was no abuse at Abu Grabe.

Number - six - there was so much ammo in this country that it would take the Chinese army to guard it. An impossible task.

Number - seven - no comment here.........

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Iraq/Saddam went down pretty fast also.

Sorry, I must disagree here.

Thanks to the good training of our proud arm forces in which I am proud to say that my husband served for 22 years, Rumsfeld has nothing to do in their training, actually he underestimated their efficacy and good training, when after taking Saddam with minimum loses and success he has allowed the country to become a mess and a booby trap for our troops, he knew that more troops were needed for post-war Iraq but he stubbornness disregard the sings, now you can see what has become of that country and he knows he make a mistake.

Now he is failing to understand the resistance in Iraq and admit that is big problem in that country without the help of other nations.

US accounts for about 85 percent of the forces in Iraq, so we are pretty much on our own.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It doesnt matter who we want now. Bush has just said that Rummie is not going anywhere
Gotta have that Military backing

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
When the US went into Iraq, this last time, there were Marines who had never fired their weapons because Clinton had stopped funding for munitions.

I fault Rummy for still having "Jag" officers tell the troops when they can "fire", load there weapons even. It is hard to weed out 8 years of stupidity under "Billary".

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Day after day, all I read is Rumsfled must go, he's a screw-up. Ok, experts, who would do a better Job. Be specifc and give reasons.

PS. "anyone else" won't fly either.

[edit on 19-12-2004 by DrHoracid]

Oh gee, I dunno. A plank of wood with an angry face painted on it could do better.

How about Wesley Clark? Or someone else that actually has experience in war...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
You can't be serious.

Might as well apoint Hillary. or worse McCain. No Ralph Nader. Mary Tyler Moore.........Phil Donahue.................

OH, left one out Les Aspen........he did a good job in Somalia against OBL..............

[edit on 20-12-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Whatever. It doesn't matter, anyone would do better than Rummy. He's an f-tard, plain and simple. Like I said, you could appoint an inanimate object and it'd do better than Rummy...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I never answered your question, Dr.

Here is who I would pick.

Admiral William J. Crowe, Jr.

That's a guy after my own heart
I had the honor of attending his class at the University of Oklahoma in the spring of 1991 - before and during Desert Storm.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
How about me? I can be their token liberal!

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You can't be serious.

Might as well apoint Hillary. or worse McCain. No Ralph Nader. Mary Tyler Moore.........Phil Donahue.................

OH, left one out Les Aspen........he did a good job in Somalia against OBL..............

[edit on 20-12-2004 by DrHoracid]

If all you want to do is bash peoples opinions, then why did you even ask for serious answers? Trolling maybe?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
You are right Kidfinger. It was wrong to bash someones suggestion. I do applogize. No excuse it was wrong.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Your a good man Dr, I dont care what the boss says

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My Answer: Anybody who has the BALLS to sign death notification letters themselves. Which of course...is anybody else.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Valhall, I am in awe. You actually managed it under 500 words ! (No cuont done but I think the rules state this limit).

Dr, I personally know no one would be better than Rummie at what he's doing.

But I do know that probably no one wants his job as he has created or allowed too many issues and problems which no one wants to clear up. Read a Yahoo news item yesterday that the American lawmakers want him to stay to answer for all that has happened.

Anyway, in another thread, seems that he is gonna get his chance to be a defendant in German Court real soon.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

If Rumsfeld goes, who would be better?

I hear Satan's looking for work....

Wait a minute, that's kind of like saying the Emperor will replace Senator Palpatine isn't it?

(For those non-Star Wars fans...Senator Palpatine IS the Emperor....
)

The real question is, who the hell would be worse? I'm still marvelling that Bush ever found someone who was scarier than Cheney!

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Since it really is a moot point, Ill make my suggestion. Howard Stern for Secratary of Defence! Howard ! Howard! Howard!

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The heat is on Rummy because he is for a finite military. When he goes, in comes the DRAFT. Any questions? Media wants Rummy out.......in comes new SD. DRAFT starts. Media goes nuts................

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Actually the heat is on and more criticism of Rumsfeld is coming, more and more from his own in the side of the Republican party.

What a man to do with all the heat? take it like a man or admit defeat and give it up
When you own people does not wants you.

By the way Horacid, I did not care much about Clinton because I was pro-republican then, perhaps until after the invasion of Iraq, that is when I saw what our president was the same man I helped to get in power in 2000.

Funny. Right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join