It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Rumsfeld goes, who would be better?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Day after day, all I read is Rumsfled must go, he's a screw-up. Ok, experts, who would do a better Job. Be specifc and give reasons.

PS. "anyone else" won't fly either.

[edit on 19-12-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Day after day, all I read is Rumsfled must go, he's a screw-up. Ok, experts, who would do a better Job. Be specifc and give reasons.

I vote for you Doc. You seem to have all the answers. Now can you prove that you are right?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Shots, nice try at a non answer. I am smart enough to know I am not smart enough. Rumsfeld is smart enough. He intemidates the Libs. They fear him. Good..........I like that.........

PS......It is very quiet out there, just as I thought it would be. All you "experts" have run back into your caves to hide...........

Not "trolling" for points here either, just stating FACT.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

PS......It is very quiet out there, just as I thought it would be. All you "experts" have run back into your caves to hide...........

Why don't you offer up your choice?
Kinda get the ball rolling, ya know.
(personally, I think everyone is shopping or wrapping presents
)

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I honestly dont know who would be in line for the job. Has there even been a list generated yet?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

A monkey. It doesn't take a genius to do a better job than Rumsfeld. I've lost a lot of faith in him. His management of the Iraq War was a disaster. The whole armor thing is just another example of this.

[edit on 12/19/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Anyone who doesnt get their cookies off with the prospect of abuse would be nice.
Anyone.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Rumsfeld is not going anywhere.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
DrHoracid, this is going to be a very hard one to answer, after all the presidents man has been taking off lately and I guess is not good men left.

I know!!!! how about Gulliani.

Occurs not back ground check please.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
My choice would be Senator Warner:

At the outbreak of the Korean War in the summer of 1950, Warner interrupted his studies and commenced a second tour of active military duty, beginning in October 1950, this time in the United States Marine Corps. A year later, October 1951, as a first lieutenant in communications, he volunteered for duty in Korea and served as a ground officer with the First Marine Air Wing. Following his active service in Korea, he remained in the Marine Corps Reserve for 10 years and was promoted to rank of Captain.

Senator Warner's next public service began as the U.S. Senate confirmed his Presidential appointment to be Under Secretary of Navy in February 1969. For over 5 years during the war in Vietnam, he served in the Department of Defense, completing his service as Secretary of the Navy in 1974.

During that period he also had special assignments in the field of diplomacy two being the representative for the Secretary of Defense to the Law of the Sea Talks in Geneva (1969-73), and subsequently, as the principal negotiator and signatory for the United States of the "Incidents at Sea Executive Agreement" between the United States and the former Soviet Union (1970-72). This Executive Agreement is still in effect today and has been used as a model for similar agreements between other nations covering the operational directives for naval ships and aircraft in international sea lanes throughout the world.

Considering the Afghan and Iraq wars it would take someone with a big ego to accept the job vacated by Rumsfeld. Warner strikes me as someone who could pull it off.

Warner

Just my 2cents.
B.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Bleys, is an honest person. Gave a pretty good answer. My personal vote would be H. Norman Schwarzkopf. But Rummy is still the best man for the job. PERIOD.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I'd like to know why Donald Rumsfled is taking on all this boat load of heat, while George W. Bush remains smiling for the camera and shaking hands day by day?

Rumsfeld mistakes must of came with approval from his boss, correct?

[edit on 20-12-2004 by syntaxer]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
I'd like to know why Donald Rumsfled is taking on all this boat load of heat, while George W. Bush remains smiling for the camera and shaking hands day by day?

Rumsfeld mistakes must of came with approval from his boss, correct?

[edit on 20-12-2004 by syntaxer]

All this "heat" is just BS. What has he done? I mean really. Be specific. It is all liberal media hype.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
so easily it wouldn't be funny.... Storming Norman Schwartzkopf. No better choice other than Powell.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I met this guy once, back in 1980, whom I think would be a great Secretary of Defense. I spent a hour taking him on a tour of a facility whre I was working --just the two of us -- when he was running for the House. I disliked him immediately, and I still do (I've met him and spoken with him six or seven times since then).

He became a US Senator, where I always considered him a RINO (Republican in Name Only). He has a special hard for The Boeing Company, singlehandedly scuttling a 767 Tanker program that the Air Force desperately wants and we want to sell to them. He has a bad temper; I have personally seen him explode in anger once.

Yet, although I have voted against him every time he has stood for re-election, I admit that he is neurotically honest person, who has managed to combine loyalty and admiration for the President with doing what he thinks is right for the country.

I still think he's a jerk, but I am reluctantly recommending that President Bush fire Rummy and replace him with my Senator, John McCain.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think Saddam would be the best man for the job. He knows the country inside out and how to keep the radicals out. Need a fixed election result in Jan then he is your man as well.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I've got a little black dog named Bear. He guards my house treating all who come for the first time with a suspicious eye until they prove their good intent. During this "unknowing" time he takes a defensive, NOT offensive stance of circling at a distance and growling and even barking. But he does nothing to aggressive nor pre-emptive.

Even though he THINKS he's the biggest dog in the world, he seems to treat each possible threat with the reverence of knowing it could kick his ass...this is probably because when I got him he had attempted to defend his previous elderly owner from two Rottweilers who almost chewed his throat out. He seems to have learned a lesson and seems to understand the concept of "reasonable action". I have no doubt that if some one were to hurt me he would be all over them...but I believe he would reserve that for a true danger to me...not a guess.

He goes off and does recon around the neighborhood and apparently acts like alpha-male in a non-agressive manner - but always checks to see if a new guy's been on HIS block...he then comes home without fighting - apparently just understanding the situation is good enough for him.

He has never sent another dog to give me attention - he always seems to understand that is part of his duty as my doggie.

At this point, I think my doggy Bear would be a good replacement for Rumsfeld...at least he'd use his own paw to mark the letters of condolensce. And even though he's a fiesty little fellow - I've never seen him act like the cock-of-the-walk when he had absolutely no reason to....he really seems to get when he's done something good, and when he's been a little prick. That's more than I can say for Rumsfeld!

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Valhall, your post is the best so far, I love the story about your littler dog.

He seems like the best dog for the job.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Nice info, but you of all on this website have the intellect to articulate specificity. What has Rummy done wrong? Please I respect your opinion and ability to speak in coherant sentences.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well, I'm not Valhall, and I undoubtedly lack the "intellect to articulate specificity"; but I will tell you that Rumsfeld, due to peoples' perceptions of him, has lost his political base and is becoming more and more distrusted by the American people.

Whether he "deserves" such or not is irrelevant to this discussion; for a plethora of reasons, Rummy has lost the respect and trust of too many influential people on both sides of the chamber.

That, by itself, is an acceptable rationale for his "retirement".

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join