It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC News’ Richard Engel Slams Obama’s ‘Convoluted’ and ‘Incoherent’ Iran Policy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Well, I despise Putin with a purple passion. As for Iran, why is diplomacy such a bad thing? Are we that eager to find a new place to drop explosives?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: UltralightThe POTUS is still a Muslim. He will do what he can to give the thugs a good deal. IMO he is afraid of them because he is Muslim. But he has to put on a face of being a good President that is trying to help negotiate peace in the middle east. Ultimately he will fail. There has never been peace in the middle east.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

!.) It has never actually been proven he is Islamic, save maybe in the oaranoid rambling of either the Klukkers or the Tinfoil Hat Brigade. He has claimed to be a Baptist, and y'know, I kinda believe him. Unless of course we get to determine what the beliefs of others are. In that case, I shall assume you are a Dianic Wiccan.
2.) Even if he is a MooslimTM, so what? Not illegal, and tbh, not relevant. It's just more strawman fearmongering.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

And Arab leaders form an army,

news.yahoo.com...

They don't trust Obama or Iran.
edit on 093131p://bSunday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

What do you know about Dianic Wiccans? Are you a skycladist?

No thread drift intended, curious why you brought Wiccans into this thread.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

You might work on the intelligent part of your 'resume'. RomneyCare was a state system. One that the voters of Mass. wanted and apparently it works fairly well for them.

ObamaCare was a blindside action imposed on a federal level without the broad support of the people.

The Constitution...Hello? Health care belong on a state level. Not federal. Not making insurance carriers even richer.

It's just not..... logical.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

This is how I envision Obama and Kerry in terms of foreign policy.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
This is how I envision Obama and Kerry in terms of foreign policy.

I just picture him giving it a Mashie.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke

"Best president in our Nation's history". There. Fixed that for you.

Seriously?

The guy is a football bat, a soup sandwich, a one legged guy in a kicking contest.

He is about as useful as a bowling ball at a tennis match.

Exactly how do you figure even jimmy carter good at best?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke

I could think of worse things to be compared to. Rather be compared to, oh I dunno, Freddie Mercury personally

Hey don't slander Freddie!!!

He made some of the most epic music since the classical masters.

My Lord that man had talent!!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Are you living in make believe land or what......Affordable health care for all.......Really. And before you say I am pro-fox or republican party......I think they are all progressive scum.

This president just like the last one and the one before him are playing a part. Truth be told if Romney had won we would be seeing the exact same thing.

maybe even worse, Romney was a tool.

He was such a puppet I could see his strings.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Let me fix this for you. We haven't had a true president since John Kennedy was killed in 1963. The US citizens have been leaderless ever sense.

There, I fixed it for you.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I can see the NBC headlines now:

"Breaking news out of NBC headquarters. Richard Engel has resigned his position with NBC. Hear more at 10pm CST."

Resigned meaning terminated.
edit on 3/29/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

I can see the NBC headlines now:

"Breaking news out of NBC headquarters. Richard Engel has resigned his position with NBC. Hear more at 10pm CST."

Resigned meaning terminated.
He can join Cheryl Atkinson @ Fox.

Other media outlets aren't saying much about this, which suggests to me they don't support Obama but don't want to say so out loud.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Exact same reason "he's a Muslim" was brought up. The only - and I mean only person who gets to declare what Barack Hussein Obama's religion is is Barack Hussein Obama. As for the other, I have known a few Dianics, good friends. I myself used to be Eclectic with heavy doses of Green and Alexandrian.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Fine. He isn't a Muslim. What he "is" , is a follower of Marxists Liberation theology. A corrupted version of the Roman Catholic faith, that came from Latin America. Need we remind anyone of the FACT that the former senator from Illinois sat through years of anti-american propaganda in the Rev. Wrights church? And yet, he didn't know that his spiritual leader was saying these horrible things on a weekly basis. His morals are just as bent as his religious views.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Longtime lurker, first time poster.
Out of all the threads I've seen on here this one outraged me the most. He can't win and its been that way from the start. Congressional blocking, underlying racism (he's a dang gum Muslim!), fact is he could feed the poor and cure cancer and it wouldn't be good enough because people decided from the start how they would feel about him. He did have lofty goals and didn't achieve most of the but mostly that's not his fault.

As far as the Middle East policy goes, that whole region is screwed and he's hedging his bets. Richard Engel nor do any of you know all the top secret info he has and why he's decided to jockey the way he has. But no matter what he does he would be critizised. I personally think we should stay out of it and let them settle it. Just imagine the critism if he did that? Fact is he's been the most unfairly criticized president of all time and its all unnecessary. With all the economic trouble, wars, environmental problems I don't think the world's ever been in worse shape. Instead of ever coming up with solutions all people do is demonize any and everything he does. The partisan political paradigm is sickening. Instead of picking the best man for the job people blindly root for their "home team". There's no doubt Obama was the best man for the job in 08 and in 12 no matter which way you slice it. Is he perfect? Hardly but if anybody wants to just trash the guy please tell me what YOU would do different. Even then would it even be possible with all the obstacles in the senate and congress. So unless you have a solution please stfu!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BoxFulder

'so unless you have a solution stfu'

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoxFulder
Longtime lurker, first time poster.
Out of all the threads I've seen on here this one outraged me the most. He can't win and its been that way from the start. Congressional blocking, underlying racism (he's a dang gum Muslim!), fact is he could feed the poor and cure cancer and it wouldn't be good enough because people decided from the start how they would feel about him. He did have lofty goals and didn't achieve most of the but mostly that's not his fault.

As far as the Middle East policy goes, that whole region is screwed and he's hedging his bets. Richard Engel nor do any of you know all the top secret info he has and why he's decided to jockey the way he has. But no matter what he does he would be critizised. I personally think we should stay out of it and let them settle it. Just imagine the critism if he did that? Fact is he's been the most unfairly criticized president of all time and its all unnecessary. With all the economic trouble, wars, environmental problems I don't think the world's ever been in worse shape. Instead of ever coming up with solutions all people do is demonize any and everything he does. The partisan political paradigm is sickening. Instead of picking the best man for the job people blindly root for their "home team". There's no doubt Obama was the best man for the job in 08 and in 12 no matter which way you slice it. Is he perfect? Hardly but if anybody wants to just trash the guy please tell me what YOU would do different. Even then would it even be possible with all the obstacles in the senate and congress. So unless you have a solution please stfu!

Your post is kind of cute.
First off from the start he did win, twice. So your "cant win" argument is a bit off base, yes?
He has held a party majority in congress for the majority of time he's been in office. So again a bit off base.
His lofty goals won the support of the American people. How do you not get support for changing things as PoTUS unless your plans are less than perfect?

He may be hedging his bet's about the middle east, but that's after promising to shut down the Gutanimo Bay facility and pulling all of our troups home. Alot of his critisism comes from him not doing what he promised in the first place in regards to the Middle east.

What I would have done diffrent is stuck to my campain promises or explained why I did not. Obama wasn't the best choice in 08 or 12 and continues to prove it every day.

Here's my solution. Let the 3 branches of government be responsible for what they should be for under the constitution. What say you?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think Obama's Iran policy is pretty straight forward: Facilitate Iran becoming the predominant regional power and making it a US ally.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join