It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC News’ Richard Engel Slams Obama’s ‘Convoluted’ and ‘Incoherent’ Iran Policy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It appears Obama has lost Richard Engel of NBC News. He gives Obama the "what for" in this recent report from Yahoo News:

“In Syria you have the U.S. fighting both with Iran and against Iran in the same country,” Engel began, referring to U.S. negotiations with Iran in Switzerland and simultaneous assistance in ongoing airstrikes against Iranian-backed targets in Yemen. “We’re fighting both with and against Iran in Syria, and fighting with Iran in Iraq.”

“There’s an incredibly convoluted dynamic underway right now where the U.S. is negotiating on one hand to come up with some sort of comprehensive deal with Iran, which would see Iran put some breaks on its nuclear program in exchange for lifting the sanctions.”

"Engel said many analysts have told him Obama’s policy is “incoherent” regarding not just Iran but the Middle East in general"

Source

What say you now, NBC News, hmmm?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

I would call it chaotic and self defeating myself but, I'm not the King of America so what do I know?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
omg he is right, i never thought of it that way.

what is happening?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I recall an open mic "whoops" in 2011, I believe, with a flashy press conference showing Putin and Obama posing for the cameras, pretending to like each other. Mr. Obama leans over to Mr. Putin and says, "I can do a lot more in my second term."

We are now living in Obama's "a lot more".

"Most dangerous President in our nation's history " will be Obama's legacy.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
A few of the kool aid drinkers are beginning to realize it's time to at least start wondering if the emperor is not wearing any clothes.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The MSM might be in a "pre-butter-up" mode.

Collateral for the next Obama mass failure that they can't cover up (there's a dozen in the oven).

And maybe long term butter up for the next administration.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
I recall an open mic "whoops" in 2011, I believe, with a flashy press conference showing Putin and Obama posing for the cameras, pretending to like each other. Mr. Obama leans over to Mr. Putin and says, "I can do a lot more in my second term."

We are now living in Obama's "a lot more".

"Most dangerous President in our nation's history " will be Obama's legacy.

He certainly has "done more".

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I wonder if Engel will join Brian William every morning on the golf course instead of working at NBC News?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Obama has no overall strategic goals in his foreign policy.

It was easy, though complex, when he had just ISIS for an enemy where he could temporarily ally with Syria AND Iran to fight ISIS, something he’s de-facto doing in Iraq already very flimsily and slowly.

Then he could have eliminated ISIS quickly before all this other stuff occurred in Yemen but he is too inexperienced and ignorant in foreign policy nuances.

Obama’s got to realize that foreign policy is often a zero-sum game and you can’t please everyone.

Now he has long drawn out wars on his hands which he may loose both because of his indecisive actions.

With this Yemen thing he has virtually lost the Arab coalition against ISIS which wasn't much in the first place.

Obama is a foreign policy disaster

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Obama needs to please the people who sign his paycheck. So far he has failed.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

"Best president in our Nation's history". There. Fixed that for you.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

" Obama’s got to realize that foreign policy is often a zero-sum game and you can’t please everyone. "

TRANSLATION - Obama is an Id Jut .

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Oh good, an Obama thread. Feel I should start handing out the tinfoil and bibs....

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

You must be related to Harry Reid.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

No, just intelligent compassionate liberals who, you know, think as opposed to fear. And who thinks President Obama's done a MUCH better job than certain other Naz..err, WASPY "Presidents"... *cough cough Herr Bush cough cough*

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke

"Best president in our Nation's history". There. Fixed that for you.

"History" is a little vague.

Let me fix that for you:
"Best president in our Nation's history between 2008 and 2016."

Oh good, an Obama thread. Feel I should start handing out the tinfoil and bibs....

While you're at it, you can liquidate your stockpile of blinders too. Just make sure you keep the set you're currently wearing.

edit on 28-3-2015 by paradoxious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Yeah, Bush was not the best but not as bad as the "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. I PROMISE."
I don't think even Obama believes himself anymore.

He's gonna make a deal with Iran, not in writing... Perhaps a spit-shake will suffice under the low standards of Mr. Obama.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: paradoxious

"Best president in our nation's history since 1964 and 2016" There. Fixed THAT for you

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

a reply to: paradoxious

"Best president in our nation's history since 2008 and 2016" There. Fixed THAT for you

Better check your monitor for correction fluid.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

intelligent compassionate liberals

Can oxymorons be more than two words?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join