It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Defector: 'U.S. Negotiating Team Mainly There to Speak on Iran’s Behalf'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: xuenchen

Whether or not the administration can strike a deal whats important to know is that the U.S, and its allies, will not give Iran the green light to have nuclear weapons. With all the news about this lately many posters here have been living in la la land convincing themselves Iran will be allowed to have nukes. Netanyahoo would proud to read these nonsense posts if he happened to visit ATS.

Be that as it may, why is the US allowing Iran to enrich uranium in its nigh impenetrable underground bunker? Keeping them from getting a bomb may be a goal in all of this but its certainly not Obama's main goal, which I'd say is to salvage a legacy of some kind before leaving office. With that in mind one might have the mindset of "yeah yeah whatever, lets just make a deal."

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Whether or not the administration can strike a deal whats important to know is that the U.S, and its allies, will not give Iran the green light to have nuclear weapons. With all the news about this lately many posters here have been living in la la land convincing themselves Iran will be allowed to have nukes. Netanyahoo would proud to read these nonsense posts if he happened to visit ATS.

If I'm a cop. And I tell you not to rob a bank .....and then watch as you rob the bank .....and yell at you and shake my finger as you walk out the door w bags of money....

Didn't I basically just "let" you rob the bank?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

good. who are we (the west) to dictate who has what nuclear energy?

We have allowed Israel to have nuclear weapons and they openly attack their neighbours. Why cant Iran?

Iran are helping us by fighting ISIS. They are not the blood thirsty monsters the republicans would have you think.

I want todays administration to allow Iran the nuclear deterrant so tomorrows republican administration doesnt repeat its Iraq war in Iran

edit on pm946318292015-03-29T21:46:02-05:00092015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

good. who are we (the west) to dictate who has what nuclear energy?

We have allowed Israel to have nuclear weapons and they openly attack their neighbours. Why cant Iran?

Iran are helping us by fighting ISIS. They are not the blood thirsty monsters the republicans would have you think.

Their neighbors openly attack them ...
If Israel is such a bogey man how come they haven't used their nukes?

Israel isn't The only one that doesn't want Iran to have nukes…… Every Muslim nation in the region doesn't want iran to have nukes

I'll repeat. Israel is the only Jewish state in the region....surrounded by Muslim countries. And those Muslim countries are more comfortable with ISRAELIS having nukes. Than Iran ...another Muslim country.

That should say something about how much they distrust the leadership of Iran w that capability
edit on 3/29/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/29/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Exactly. if a trigger happy - maniac type government in Israel can hold its nukes back then i have no doubt iran can too. MAD applies here too.

Iran have had chemical and biological weapons for a long time and are allies with north korea. Iran hasnt done anything stupid either.

The republican hawks dont want iran to get nukes because they are next on the agenda.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Exactly. if a trigger happy - maniac type government in Israel can hold its nukes back then i have no doubt iran can too. MAD applies here too.

Iran have had chemical and biological weapons for a long time and are allies with north korea. Iran hasnt done anything stupid either.

The republican hawks dont want iran to get nukes because they are next on the agenda.

So you're admitting in that last sentence that you think Iran would be trigger happy w their nukes?

Not doing a very good job making a case for them to have nukes

You're also being short sighted. You really need to drop the party line bullsnip....this situation is far larger than your petty political biases

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
petty snipes are pretty good indications of poor intelligence.

if israel are allowed them with all the misery and suffering they have bought then iran has the right to them for defense.

its that simple. the reason, (i personally think) the republicans are doing everything they can - with israels help - to sabotage the talks is because Iran is the next target.

edit on pm1043318292015-03-29T22:43:41-05:00102015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

What a silly comparison. Guess what, the cops, as in the spooks from all nations, are watching Iran and they all report no nukes. Lying war mongering politicians say otherwise for their own personal agendas.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IntroduceALittleIrony

Iran is not at all impenetrable and they know it. They also know if they create a nuke, are caught creating a nuke it will be curtains for them. For Irans own security they know better than to make a nuke.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Why hasn't Israel used their nukes? Does anyone really need to answer that question? The short and sweet answer is that nukes are a last resort. Israel firing off nukes in Iran is akin to the U.S. firing off nukes into Mexico or Canada, or even its own backyard. Nuclear fallout means Israel just killed itself. Nukes are more so political tools than weapons.
edit on 29-3-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Actually I read the exact opposite, that Iran isn't trigger happy. How did you come to that conclusion?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

petty snipes are pretty good indications of poor intelligence.

if israel are allowed them with all the misery and suffering they have bought then iran has the right to them for defense.

its that simple. the reason, (i personally think) the republicans are doing everything they can - with israels help - to sabotage the talks is because Iran is the next target.

Lol did you just make a comment about poor intelligence and sniping.......while taking a snipe at me

That's pretty comical actually

Again as I stated there's a lot more to lose then petty bs party politics here in the US..

If that statement to you seems like a snipe then I don't know what to tell you. My mind just doesn't do those kind of gymnastics

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Actually I read the exact opposite, that Iran isn't trigger happy. How did you come to that conclusion?

Could just be my interpretation ...which again doesn't mean it's correct

Again the point is the fact that every single other Muslim nation would rather see Israel the only Jewish nation , w nukes and not Iran, a fellow Muslim nation

In any sane world that would speak volumes.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Why hasn't Israel used their nukes? Does anyone really need to answer that question? The short and sweet answer is that nukes are a last resort. Israel firing off nukes in Iran is akin to the U.S. firing off nukes into Mexico or Canada, or even its own backyard. Nuclear fallout means Israel just killed itself. Nukes are more so political tools than weapons.

I do agree with this sentiment and for most other countries this is the case. But it seems everyone else in the region doesn't feel like Iran will handle them that way

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Israel attacks their neighbors far more than the Arab nations attacking Israel. Not to mention the one they are currently occupying.

Because their nuclear program is illegal.

Israel isn't The only one that doesn't want Iran to have nukes…… Every Muslim nation in the region doesn't want iran to have nukes

All those Muslims nations intelligence service are telling their leaders the same thing the Mossad has been telling Benny. Iran is not trying to build a bomb.

And those Muslim countries are more comfortable with ISRAELIS having nukes.

Where is your source for this little bit of information?

edit on 29-3-2015 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Of course they're on the Iranian side. The US has virtually no negotiating power here and is trying to leverage Iran against ISIS. If we can get Iran to agree to not pursue nuclear weapons, give us effective inspections in their country, and deal with fighting ISIS we get a great deal, even if it's objectively bad it is by far the best out of a bunch of bad options.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Oh I'm sure no Muslim is excited about Israel's nukes & it's not surprising Muslim nations aren't banded together, instead at odds with one another. Muslims not getting along, no way!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Those at odds with Iran of course don't want them to have nukes, ie Saudi Arabia. No one wants their enemy to be stronger than they are.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Those at odds with Iran of course don't want them to have nukes, ie Saudi Arabia. No one wants their enemy to be stronger than they are.

This. It's all about a balance of power and nuclear weapons alter that balance. Each nation is trying to leverage itself against other nations and when anyone gets nukes they have a diplomatic and military advantage over those who don't.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Israel attacks their neighbors far more than the Arab nations attacking Israel. Not to mention the one they are currently occupying.

Because their nuclear program is illegal.

All those Muslims nations intelligence service are telling their leaders the same thing the Mossad has been telling Benny. Iran is not trying to build a bomb.

And those Muslim countries are more comfortable with ISRAELIS having nukes.

Where is your source for this little bit of information?

WHere is the source on any of yours? My sources are repeated every day with every Action by places like Egypt and Saudi Arabia AGAINST Iran and coming stright out and telling the US NOT to make a deal with Iran......

Do you not keep up with current events?

Where are YOUR sources to refute my claims......

Thats how this works, you claim im wrong, prove it

I have to say you toe the party line harder than anyone here on ATS, i mean it doesnt matter WHAT the subject is, if it goes against the administration at all, youre ON it......even if you have no idea what you are talking about....even when youre proven completely wrong..

I find that interesting
edit on 3/31/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join