It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The souls of those who went before: where do they go?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepitpony
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

The question is for those who have beliefs in a religion that necessities that the only way to salvation is through that religion and none other, Christianity is one of these faiths but there are others . I am curious to find (in a constructive and polite way) out what there teachings have regarding those who lived and worshiped other God's in times gone by (the Greeks, Romans, South American cultures), and what would happen to their souls if there beliefs were incorrect.

Guten Morgen- You HAVE to/MUST take this "Spiritual Journey" on Your own, by YourSelf. This is "looking inside" if You take our word for it, then You are 'getting led away/astray' that is akin to going to the 'corner Church' and taking Pastor Dave's interpretation of "God's Word" Could anything be lost in translation? The One Infinite Creator doesn't NEED anyone speaking for 'Her' (In ALL My day's (that I can remember) it is the female that gives Life and the male who takes it.. Plus We have entered Yin)

The Great Buddha was attributed to relaying the following: "Do not believe in anything simply because You have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in Your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of Your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations, but after observation and analysis, when You find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of One and ALL, then accept it and live up to it..." Now if His game was "recruits" then He'd say "Come down to the Temple" Interestingly, The Great Buddha also has One of those philosophies that suggests how One can get "off" and NOT 'ON'

You mentioned the population increasing, this is because folks/Souls are getting "Stuck" like a Xerox™ copy machine keeps spitting out Souls and each Self is then further away from The Devine. These folks are 'ON' and they're getting duplicated over and over and over.. Imagine 2 Souls 'passing' One is 'on' the other 'off', The On melds back to 'ALL that 'is', the Off keeps spitting out copies... What religion talks about 'going to the Light' ? Which philosophy tells 'wormhole' (This was 1,000 years before that real smart guy, Alfred Epstein (see avatar) coined the phrase.. hmmm

"All the religions are 'different' this makes them the 'same' so remove what is the 'same' in ALL of them and 'The Truth' will be revealed..." What is the 'same' in all the 'different' religions?

Typing about My avatar, when did Mr. Epstein die? What was the first year of manufacturing of the guitar shown in the pic?

namaste

I present to You, The Tao Te Ching:www.taoism.net...

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: thepitpony

The question is for those who have beliefs in a religion that necessities that the only way to salvation is through that religion and none other, Christianity is one of these faiths but there are others . I am curious to find (in a constructive and polite way) out what there teachings have regarding those who lived and worshiped other God's in times gone by (the Greeks, Romans, South American cultures), and what would happen to their souls if there beliefs were incorrect.

Good question.
If I may, when you say Christianity I believe you have a different perspective than I have. I think of all the convoluted mess we call Christianity as Christianities. It seems to me that the word Christian has been misrepresented for so long that it has become a dumping ground for all sorts of rubbish who disguise themselves as Christian. A good example is that of Jehovah Witnesses. Not Christian at all according to the original Christian doctrine. The same with Mormon philosophy and Roman Catholic philosophy. In fact even without the first Christian church the other three have nothing in accord with one another to bind them in the same doctrine. Christianity is a dumping ground of mass confusion.

Now why is this so important to observe? Simply because in all of the other three divisions of religions (JW, RCC and LDS) the salvation message bears no resemblance to one another. There is no commonality except the word Jesus and even then it is not in agreement as to this entity. So actually you have not to look any further than this to understand that there are many religions of such likeness and each one will insist that their religion is the way to eternal life.

Suppose that one of these four religions is the true religion and that the Creator is only to accept one of the four. Your question is what happens to the masses of the other three? Some people are dogmatic and insist that only their bunch is going to heaven. Some others will insist that the other three groups will be punished in purgatory, cleaned up a bit and then allowed into heaven. Then we have some who insist that everyone stands before the creator after death and is given the chance to accept the Creator or reject the Creator. And last but not least are people who readily admit that they don't have a clue and will not commit to an opinion.

My opinion is of no denomination but tendency towards the first century Christian synagogue teachings. A clue as to your question is that of Abraham. Abram was of pagan philosophy and was converted to monotheism. This became the foundation of Mosaic Law which then became the foundation of Judaic Law which in turn dwarfed into The first Christian philosophy. The lesson of this is that Abram knew not the Mosaic doctrine nor the Judaic doctrines or the Christian doctrine and yet Abram was honored by all three doctrines. Dwell upon this and you will find your answer.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
We believe you are judged according to God's laws and your heart taken into account. In that sense, it seems that there is an underlying need to want to do and be in accordance with a certain set of universal principles like the Golden Rule which is almost ubiquitous.

However, it is very, very hard to measure up to God's standard. Not impossible, just very hard. Almost no one could do it which is why Christ was sent to make forgiveness possible.

This is what the final White Throne judgment if for - those souls who did not have a chance to know Him will all pass by, and those who see Him and know Him instantly because they were always His in word and deed will pass to the right and those who do not know Him or hate Him will pass to the left and be destroyed.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Finding my own path is what led me away from religion I was raised in and led me into forming my own beliefs. I find it informative discussing other people's belief with those who are interested in sharing their faith. As someone has mentioned in this thread already it is amazing how a question can lead to finding out new facts, theories and have a better understanding of others.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
What soul?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

What soul?

Why the leading question ... If you do not believe you have a soul just say so

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

What soul?

Why the leading question ... If you do not believe you have a soul just say so

The imaginary one!
It's true is the saying that its all in your head!

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

The imaginary one!
It's true is the saying that its all in your head!

So you do not believe you have a soul ...

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

If you are unable to answer the question, just say so.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Then why question where their souls are if you hold that specific belief?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

If you are unable to answer the question, just say so.

What is the point if you do not believe in the soul ... I would be wasting my time and yours ...

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Why wouldn't it? Believe in your savior, die and go to heaven eternally: is the promise of the bible. ( i think.) I never read that thing, it burns my fingers when i touch it.

Reincarnation does not really fit in there.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I have no idea what happens after we die.
Anyone who says they do are either lying or deluded.
I try to live like this miraculous event we call "a life" is all I get.
If there is a God and an afterlife, I like to imagine that I will be judged as not deserving to roast in a lake of fire for eternity.
I am comfortable with the idea that when we die it all just goes blank.

Yes; but it could be so much more if you bothered to question yourself as to the conundrum "Why Am I Here?" and actually got an answer from your higher self. What is judgment? how to foresee, NOW IS NOW live it as a conscious being whom perceptions are false anyway; enjoy the material world amusement ride.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
We need to separate what is the creation of man, versus what has man created.
We create everything we read.
The original work, was never written down.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
We need to separate what is the creation of man, versus what has man created.
We create everything we read.
The original work, was never written down.

What makes you think it is not "recorded" into the history of Gods best work (the human being) as It's creation in the ether? If you think this material world is the only one in existence you would be mistaken. Alexandria's library was physically burned but still exists in a higher dimension. All things that happen here are meticulously recorded and saved. This planet is just a 'living library' to be cataloged for future reference by all higher dimensional species.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

I will go deeper than that.
The recording, as well as God, is in our DNA.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
An answer to: "The souls of theirs that went before; where did they go?"
Soul/spirits are always in the progression of improving themselves, not static or seeking oblivion. They do not go anywhere toward the negative (would be against the universe's natural plan of positive growth) and are always in flux seeking another opportunity to come into a more enlightened state of being and the key is developing an 'individualized' soul. Dante's 'Inferno' speaks of this eloquently. The Universe is about growth not destruction and the eternal souls that comprise it are always going to have the opportunity of a "golden ticket" to be had (if sought/asked for whatever way chosen). Use your imagination, as that is what describes the size of your unique footprint to be remembered and built upon. ITS A PROCESS.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
a reply to: vethumanbeing

I will go deeper than that.
The recording, as well as God, is in our DNA.

Absolutely; YES.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

I asked this question so I may gain an understanding of other people's thoughts and beliefs in what happens to those who worshipped another faith which has now diminished and how those religions which have superseded them view those followers places in the afterlife.

The question was aimed at opening a discussion to see the different views that members hold, and as you see their has been a myriad of responses reflecting different beliefs or thoughts on this subject. I have always be lived that asking questions, even if you do not agree with the answers or they conflict in what you hold to be true, opens up other avenues of research or trains of thought that may have the power to enlighten and focus your own beliefs.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Thank you for all your contributions to this thread, there is a lot of new information I will be looking into. As their has been no updates or replies in the last few days I am going to close this thread. Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join