It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy makes prank video, the news takes it seriously

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Soon enough, I began to receive messages to news articles that were covering the crazy story about the crazy Muslim father who wants to ban Peppa Pig and I gained momentary notoriety for several weeks as an 'Internet comedian' after the newspapers discovered it was a joke. The video peaked at 150,000 views and I ended up receiving an offer of an interview from the BBC. There you go folks, be careful with what you post online!

I thought it was hysterical. Especially the haram pig comments and Abdullah the Cat.

Children's TV's favourite cartoon pig could soon be axed after a British Muslim father launched an online campaign to have Peppa Pig banned.

Facebook page Muslims against Peppa Pig has already garnered nearly 2,500 followers. A Change.org petition, pushing for the show to be pulled from children's TV, has also been set up.

According to Zayn Sheikh, the man behind the drive, the 'haram' character is preventing young children from developing into good Muslims. He says he took action after his young son declared he want to be a pig rather than a doctor.

Link

One of far too many news sources taking this seriously.

Wanted to add that I realize the controversy is old, but I just saw the guy who made the video post about it and thought the whole situation was incredibly funny.
edit on 2820150320151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I cant tell if this is satire....

With all thats happening nowadays... you never know!

Still funny though.... Abdullah the cat lol

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

He says he took action after his young son declared he want to be a pig rather than a doctor.

LOL
hahahaha

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You could see him trying not to smile or laugh throughout the video, especially right at the end.

I found the humor in it, just hope he doesn't get death threats now.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

While not close enough to be truly on topic, I am reminded of Negitivland's Helter Stupid

wiki Negativeland's "Escape from Noise" hoax.

In February 1988, a 16-year-old from Rochester, Minnesota named David Brom murdered his entire immediate family (both parents, a brother, and a sister) with an axe. When Negativland was forced to cancel a planned tour in support of their album Escape from Noise for financial reasons, the band issued a press release claiming that they had been "advised by Federal Official Dick Jordan not to leave town pending an investigation into the Brom murders." The press release implied that Brom had listened to Negativland's song "Christianity Is Stupid" before the fatal quarrel with his religious parents.[1]

In reality, there was no official named "Dick Jordan", and Brom did not possess any Negativland music. The murder investigation later discovered that he was on SST's mailing lists, but he only owned "Zen Arcade" by SST band Hüsker Dü.[citation needed] Nevertheless, pundits and journalists took the press release at face value, and the hoax received widespread media coverage.[4] Negativland encouraged the spread of the story by steadfastly refusing further comment, supposedly on the advice of their attorney "Hal Stakke", another fictional person invented by the band. Much of this media coverage was negative, and band member Richard Lyons' home in Oakland, California was pelted with rocks by an unknown vandal.[1] Negativland subsequently used samples from the media frenzy in their 1989 album Helter Stupid.[5]

edit on 28-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
"I saw the haramest ting I have ever seen... In daylight"...

I'm in tears!!!

Ohhh we need ATS Voicenotes I'm pissing myself here!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

"I saw the haramest ting I have ever seen... In daylight"...

I didn't pick up on that the first time, hysterical!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
That was hilarious.
A lot of people won't get it. That makes it even funnier.
Troll level-"Andy Kaufman."

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Mate,my own Mum got taken in by this one-someone sent it to her facbok page and she showed me...
I shall have to inform her that she was had.
hehe.

My neice and nephews dad is a sunni btw,and he has zero problem with peppa pig.
Unless its on his pizza.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Now this is comedy.......Brilliant and thanks OP for the story.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Mate,my own Mum got taken in by this one-someone sent it to her facbok page and she showed me...

No judgement from me. If a friend sends you something, it automatically seems more legitimate, and given the current climate and that there probably are crazies out there that feel this way, I could easily have fallen for it too.

top topics

join