It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Woman Parks Car In Cycling Lane, Gets Confronted

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Learning a lot from you since what seems to be a return buddy...

Didn't see you around when I first arrived, not until late last year.

Always a pleasure to interact!

Thanks for the knowledge.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: Grimpachi

my issue is the guy felt the need to police the lady by waiting for her to leave when he could have pedaled his legs and went around her.

would he have done the same thing if it was a man?? I know thats a bad question to ask but would he have??

Are you saying he somehow knew it was a woman driver while he was waiting?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I have my spells. I had quite a hiatus there for a bit. Now I just disappear for a week or two instead of months lol

No problem buddy. And get a dust cover for your fedora already, jeeze

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Your link is broken. What I can gather from your quote is that this is on one street. Would this also by chance be a pilot program, considering the lone street there?
edit on 3/28/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Sure the bike rider's attitude wasn't the greatest, but there is no doubt he was 100% right. If the shoe was on the other foot some car diver would have run over a parked bike in the street just to prove a point.

Interesting how people bring their personal feelings and agenda to such a black and white situation. Posters at ATS of course, but especially the lady walking past supporting the car driver who was clearly parked in the wrong spot.

Personally I think it's too bad the biker didn't show up 15 minutes earlier, called the cops and watched the car get towed away.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

After two years you deserve a break now and then!

LoL I have a special box for all three of them...

I didn't want to treat ATS like a modelling gig by flaunting all of them though

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

From my own search, it sounds like it's a pilot program in Chicago or near it?

articles.chicagotribune.com...

To be fair, that article talks it up as a good thing but I did see another article talking about drivers being confused by the lights. Because apparently a light in the shape of a bicycle could be for cars and not bikes, it seems.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I don't care what anybody says, this totally off topic comment still wins the thread

So much lol

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: intrptr

We pay for the roads you ride on.

"What do you mean "we," white man?"

I'm just curious why you bring race into this?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: intrptr

We pay for the roads you ride on.

"What do you mean "we," white man?"

I'm just curious why you bring race into this?

It's a line from a joke written by a comic book writer from the Lone Ranger. Note the quotation marks?

I mean...seriously? How in the actual crap could one possibly inject race into a video about three white people yelling at each other with the comment "white man?"

My god what a reach.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I'm not a cyclist but was in a wheelchair for a couple of days after an operation. I hate people who are to lazy or to fat to to walk to their destination misusing allocated spaces. I'm not with you on this one

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

White man? How did you make that leap? First, I'm not white nor am I a man, I was referring to those who pay for gas taxes and road maintenance as "we". Sheesh, Must everything be about racism?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ICycle2

You hate fat people because they don't walk to their destinations. Hmmmm. How's that hate working for you?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
You guys want to complain about bike lanes, take a virtual ride down my main commute. I mostly drive due to weather, but occasionally I'll ride downtown and enjoy the sweet riding conditions.

goo.gl...
My personal favorite is when you get into a tight spot and suddenly the bike lane and the driving lane are the same without notice.

If you want to complain about lack of parking, this commute leads into the heart of a city where most of the roads are pavement over cobblestone, built before the model T was being manufactured.

Around here, it's share the road or else. As a biker I'm annoyed at the lack of consideration by drivers- and as a driver I'm annoyed at the lack of following the rules from the bikers.

Screw everyone- everyone but me is a jerk!

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Yea, well I'll explain it again: it's a joke from the Lone Ranger comic books in the 60s.

Take your manufactured outrage elsewhere please and thanks

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

If a cyclist stopped their bike in the middle of a car lane and either left it there or just stood there, how long do you think it would be before somebody was yelling at them?

I'm just sayin

Exactly... this guy was right.
It's a cycling lane and she should not be parking in it.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
So typical of the other two idiots walking by who had to jump in and give their snotty little 2 cents worth. Shut up and mind your own damn business. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Here's the basic fact about bikes on public roads: the whole infrastructure as it exists today is designed, built and optimized for use by cars (that is, motorized, with an enclosed cabin and usually four wheels). Using anything other than that is at best testing your luck. You've got no protection, no safety standards and your vehicle is inherently unstable. That applies to motorcycles, bikes, mopeds, whatever. Someone on a bike hits a car at full speed, you might need some body work done. Car at full speed hits a bike? They'll be scraping the rider up with a spatula. The idea of riding something that unprotected around is a lot like poking a grizzly bear with a stick: it might be legal, but don't complain when your decision comes back and bites you.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Is this a joke? I mean seriously...is this a joke?

IT....WAS....A...BIKE...LANE

She parked her CAR in a BIKE lane

If the cyclist was rude, well maybe it's because drivers are absolutely jerks to cyclists on a regular basis. I have been IN the BIKE lane and had a milkshake thrown at me. I've been cursed out more times than I can count....for being in a lane FOR BIKES.

And in a lot of places these bike lanes are very narrow. So narrow that in cities you usually have to get city handle bars which are short so you don't clip a car or get caught and wreck yourself.

Don't sit and pretend like drivers are innocent in this. I have been party to, seen and heard tons and tons of stories about how motorists have treated cyclists horribly despite the cyclist doing their thing...in THEIR lane...legally.

Yeah some cyclists get an attitude. Frankly both sides need to relax. But don't go telling me drivers aren't petty punks themselves. I cannot recall a day in years where some driver didn't cut me off, ride my tail, drift into my lane...then get mad at ME for being upset about.

Thing is...that's in a car. Likely, if I rear end someone or someone tail gates me, I might have a big repair bill and some neck pain.

If I am on a bike and you rear end me...who knows if I live

But yes...drivers are just as much a jerk as cyclists are...even when we do what we are supposed to do.

This driver was an idiot. She parked illegally. And yet in your mind it's the cyclist's fault...wow

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero
I have been IN the BIKE lane and had a milkshake thrown at me.

I was aiming for the garbage can.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join