It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco jail inmates allegedly forced into 'gladiator-style' fights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Four San Francisco sheriff deputies have been put on administrative leave, wiith pay, for setting up an organizing a gladiator style fight club inside the jail. Under threat from the officers, inmates were forced to fight or face severe repercussions such as tazing, beatings and food deprivation.

Wages and bets were placed amongst the deputies, while winners of the fights were told they'd win hamburgers. It even went as far as training the largest man with forced push ups while deputies stood by taunting him.

Source

Four sheriff’s deputies have been accused by three inmates of orchestrating vicious fights for their own amusement while encouraging them with chants.

Adachi said the deputy who reportedly orchestrated the activities was accused in 2006 of sexually assaulting inmates, in a case that was later settled out of court.

“I can only describe this as an outrageously sadistic scenario that sounds like it’s out of Game of Thrones,” Adachi said.

Police brutality doesn't end when you walk in jail, the corruption and violence against inmates , such as this case, is but a drop in the bucket compared to what goes on behind the walls inside of American prisons.

I'm beginning to wonder if there is any hope at all for our justice system, let alone our political system. It's becoming more and more apparent that what's lurking under the surface of our entire political and justice system, are shady and dark characters that hold profits and wealth above anything else.

These corrupt and devious individuals will smile and even shake your hand, but underneath their just as dirty and contemptible as the very criminals they accuse and lock away. Human life and life in general is but a tool used to fill their prisons, make their money, extort, racquet and pillage.

edit on 28-3-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
So much for rehabilitation.

You treat inmates like animals you will get animals walking out.

Yes some people need to be jailed.
And no prison should not be a luxury holiday.

But beatings, rape, forced fights, prison gangs ect?
They wont rehabilitate anyone just turn people into even worse animals.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

I'm just gonna say it... I blame the MMA and all those other gladiator style death match fights you see on TV for instilling this kind of violent mentality in people. In this case the guards...
edit on 28-3-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The prison system is a mess, especially now that the US has privatized them, and has them run as 'businesses'.

ItPeople who are criminals go to prison to serve a punishment, Im just not sure with guards (not all of them obviously) would think being criminals themselves is ok ?
edit on 28-3-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Gladiators have been fighting for millennia. Not just on tv's.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

I'm just gonna say it... I blame the MMA and all those other gladiator style death match fights you see on TV for instilling this kind of violent mentality in people. In this case the guards...

Pahleeeeze,

Comparing MMA to forced prison brutality is akin to calling a first time rapist a personal experiment. (no I am not an MMA fan) You cannot blame MMA any more or less than organized boxing or your local Krav Maga studio. Blame the corrupt organizations such as the Prison system if you must place blame.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
So much for rehabilitation.

You treat inmates like animals you will get animals walking out.

Yes some people need to be jailed.
And no prison should not be a luxury holiday.

But beatings, rape, forced fights, prison gangs ect?
They wont rehabilitate anyone just turn people into even worse animals.

Jails and prisons were never designed for rehabilitation is my opinion.

Yes, certain people should be detained and kept from society because they are a danger. Others get sent inside and come out worse than before they were sent inside.

The prison system in this country is nothing more than a money maker....that is
ALL they care about. The more heads to count....the more money they make.

A complete farce for the most part.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I love this comment:

An attorney for the deputies’ union, the San Francisco Deputy Sheriff’s Association, called the allegations “exaggerated” and said the fighting was “little more than horseplay

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I'm just gonna say something else.

Blame the cops, guards and the politicians.

It Doesn't matter where or how it starts, it's the system that breeds the Corruption, Degradation, Greed that is rampant in our society. Don't blame TV, blame the people. We all have a choice as to what type of individual we choose to be. You can only be brainwashed if you allow it or want it.

Peace

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Death match? Not sure where you get your info, but all the fights I have ever been in, or watched have ended in a knockout or tap out.

MMA matches are all sport. Pure athletes. Most pros spend hours in the gym and on the mats every day of the week.

Might as well blame it on video games or movies.

It is just people doing what they do when they are corrupt and handed too much power over others. ssdd

Same crap you are starting to see in the police forces.
edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: edit

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I don;t know about a few sadistic guards, prison is hell.

They don't call prison Gladiator Academy for nothing.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Didn't it come out semi-recently that there was something similar at Rikers, too? Or am I thinking of somewhere else? I know I heard about this somewhere other than Frisco...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So then i wonder how many innocent people have been jailed due to the corrupt system and ended up in this situation and then released back in to society with one seriously large chip on their shoulder....

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Well you can now truly say US has gone the way of Roma.
just needs to DIE! now. please...

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I agree with your statement, but it never fails the ardent defenders of violence in excess via games, cinema...EVERYTHING don't understand how visual stimuli repeated over and over again LITERALLY effects brain chemistry, synaptic growth and in the end behavior.

It is the very basis of every meditational construct, occult effort at personal development, hypnosis, MK ULTRA, I mean some people are just happy to observe and be entertained without directing any other portion of their own "Play" because the value of life is to pass it as quickly and stimulated as they can, whether they recognize this fact or not.

new topics

top topics

join