It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man of steel & stone: Shaolin Kung-Fu master uses electric drill on his skull.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I dont know if this is a staged event with a little bit of illusion thrown in and added to it or what, but I know Shaolin monks have balls of steel. Could this be the real thing.

A Shaolin Kung-Fu master uses AN electric drill on his skull, tries to pierce himself with iron spears, and cuts his throat with a steel blade, all in the stunning footage obtained by RT. In the video, Zhao Rui performs a series of incredible stunts, intending to demonstrate how he had trained his body over the years of practicing martial arts. The 24-year-old is known as a celebrity in his hometown Mianzhu, southwest China.

rt.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I've seen this too sometime ago, he had MANY different demonstration other then this drill.

He talks as they all do, the internal chi energy, being drawn to specific biophysical locations within the body, creating a energetic shield/resistance so to speak.

Keep in mind reader; these are humans who were devoted a lifetime to internal arts and physical mastery.

That will and practice comes from within the body, where the internal energies reside until worked with.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Mohs hardness scale would not allow this, I'm going to call shenanigans.

It barely broke the skin. The bit appeared to jump around during his stunt which gives me the impression the end was round or super dull. His hand was covering his head when the camera changed angles. What would be the point of the video camera if you were going to block the shot anyway?

Or maybe the drill bit was designed like a ball point pen and there was a super tiny bearing that allowing it to spin without hurting him?

edit on 28-3-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Parlour tricks.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Good theory on that drill bit, you're probably right.
a reply to: eisegesis

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yes, it seems too good to be true.
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
'Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face' Mike Tyson

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
Good theory on that drill bit, you're probably right.
a reply to: eisegesis

The thing is, I'm never against bringing videos like this to ATS.

These are great debunking exercises while that little voice inside is saying, "please be true!"

One day it could be, you never know.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Don't try this at home kids.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Lol...Bunk

Carpenter here. He is using a concrete bit. The end is dull, and it bites into hard surfaces with percussion blows.

A wood bit would end the magic trick in a half a second with the drill setting he is using.
I can do the same trick on my hand. It wont cut into flesh, just rug burn it a bit.

Another interesting thing, while he is using a nice hammer drill, he has the drill in the "drill"setting for soft materials like wood, vs the "hammer" setting that you would use with the dull percussion/ hammer bit. It spins while it hammers. It wouldn't easily penetrate skin in that setting either. Especially with the thickness of bit he is using.

Thanks for the video though, that was awesome.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I have a lot of respect for Shaolin.

But not for this.

This is theater. It is the "Shaolin" Peking Opera.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
These type of stunts are just eastern versions of our western magicians

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Also, it's in reverse.

Look at 21 seconds. You will note his index finger touches the spinning barrel, to feel the drills direction (just in case). Fine if it is rotating away from the end of his finger at that angle in reverse, but if the drill was drilling forward (ie. in a clockwise direction) he would quickly find out as it would snag his finger.

Whats the bet I could rock up with my very low powered cordless drill with a nice fresh Frost drill bit in it and he would get a little nervous....

Also, add to that a dull drlll bit and he's just getting some nasty friction wear.
edit on 28-3-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
If the energy harnessed can't be identified or acknowledged by "science" it is a hoax or magic trick.
vimeo.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
I've seen this too sometime ago, he had MANY different demonstration other then this drill.
He talks as they all do, the internal chi energy, being drawn to specific biophysical locations within the body, creating a energetic shield/resistance so to speak.
Keep in mind reader; these are humans who were devoted a lifetime to internal arts and physical mastery.
That will and practice comes from within the body, where the internal energies reside until worked with.

I'm with you on this one. I've seen Shaolin Monks perform and they are legit. They don't fake it and pass around the objects used in the stunts so people see they are real, sharp and strong steel.

I don't know about the drill stunt in the vid, but I can tell you a Monk who used trickery would be disgraced and banished forever. There is no 'grey area'. These guys have sworn a life of 100% honesty in everything. The bit may be a concrete bit. The monk may be controlling the force it is being applied to his temple, not skull by the way. But the guy did put a running drill up to his temple. Go ahead and press your temple with your finger...it's really soft.

Elementalist, you've probably had experience with Chi. I haven't dedicated the time to control it, but I have had a Chi master use Chi to push my hand with significant force. Many people don't believe in Chi, but it's real and it can be controlled by some people. I suggest people seek out a demo sometime, it's amazing.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
Also, it's in reverse.

Look at 21 seconds. You will note his index finger touches the spinning barrel, to feel the drills direction (just in case).

I believe he was using his finger and thumb grip to control the force his assistant was applying to his head. How much 'pushing' he let get to his head is the real question. A Shaolin Monks finger and thumb could very likely hold back all the force his assistant could possibly apply if he wanted to.

I really doubt it was going backwards but can't tell from the clip.
edit on 28-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I've got the same drill. It's an impact drill that's in "drill" mode, spinning anti-clockwise, using a typical drill bit intended for drilling into concrete and it running at the lowest possible speed. Under those conditions you can put it against pretty much any surface and the worst you'll get is a slight dent and friction burn.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have a lot of respect for people such as monks who put aside worldly desires to focus on more spiritual things. But with regards to this I will call BS.

Notice how you never saw on camera the bit ever touching his head. Tricky camera angles and lots of yelling was enough of a distraction. They showed the "aftermath" of the drill and it barely touched him.

With regards to all the other things he did, while I'm sure it's painful and takes a lot of mental strength to get through it, traveling circus folk have people doing similar things and I'll bet their kung-fu isn't up to par either.

For the final debunk I have, if he were so powerful and able to do so many things that we could not imagine going through, why are these supermonks not doing anything more than impressing a crowd of people and posting videos of "look what I can do!"

I was under the impression that the whole idea of becoming a monk was to reach such a high spiritual point and then help the world and guide others to do the same.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Reminds me of this scene from the movie "Pi"

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
Notice how you never saw on camera the bit ever touching his head. Tricky camera angles and lots of yelling was enough of a distraction. They showed the "aftermath" of the drill and it barely touched him.

I bet the camera angle was from that side because there was a guy with a drill standing on the other side...but that might be too simple

With regards to all the other things he did, while I'm sure it's painful and takes a lot of mental strength to get through it, traveling circus folk have people doing similar things and I'll bet their kung-fu isn't up to par either.

You clearly don't understand their training. It involves making the skin impervious to puncture, as shown in the other feats done.

For the final debunk I have, if he were so powerful and able to do so many things that we could not imagine going through, why are these supermonks not doing anything more than impressing a crowd of people and posting videos of "look what I can do!"

Oddly they have to generate an income to live in the modern world. Kind of like why you whore yourself out to the company that pays you.

I was under the impression that the whole idea of becoming a monk was to reach such a high spiritual point and then help the world and guide others to do the same.

They do more to help the world than you I would bet.

Have you ever met a Monk? Talked to one? Even seen these guys perform??? What an incredibly uninformed opinion of a group of highly honorable people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join