It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the meaning of life? Stop ON by and do tell your belief! (or Not)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan
I'm an existential nihilist. I don't think there is any point to anything, so I'm just going to say fun. Hedonism all the way.

That would be one obvious course of life if that were actually the way it is here - if one REALLY found out that when you die you are dead forever. But in order to really find out if this is true or not, you must fully embrace the actual condition you are appearing in, and that is, you appear in an apparently infinite field of relatedness.

Fully embrace with all your facilities (mind, feeling, body) this simple undeniable fact of our appearance here in this vast field of relatedness, and live on this basis of unlimited relatedness, without any holding back as some kind of separate independent entity (which is clearly not the case) - and the reality of our actual situation here will be revealed, one way or another.

Then on the basis of a really intelligent consideration of this whole matter, you can come to a fully informed conclusion.

Is this not an intelligent purpose?

edit on 3/30/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bb23108

Err, Are you suggesting suicide to get the answer ?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Err, Are you suggesting suicide to get the answer ?

Of course not. I am not sure how you read that into my post.

When I say to embrace our actual condition of relatedness, that is a very positive, life-affirming, non-separative approach based on the undeniable fact that we already appear in a dependent condition of relatedness, whether we like it or not.

Suicide is the opposite of all of that - negative, not life-affirming, and the ultimate gesture of separation.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Of course not. I am not sure how you read that into my post.

Because you wrote this, I had to reread it a few times, and it still came out the same, hence the question. When you get too wordy, don't blame us simple folk if we get the wrong message.

if one REALLY found out that when you die you are dead forever. But in order to really find out if this is true or not, you must fully embrace the actual condition you are appearing in

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Because you wrote this, I had to reread it a few times, and it still came out the same, hence the question. When you get too wordy, don't blame us simple folk if we get the wrong message.

Oh, I wasn't blaming you. My apologies if it sounded like I was. I just really wanted to know what or how I said something to make you get that message - so I very much appreciate your responding back to me with this useful feedback. I try to be careful in how I state things, and so can get repetitive to make sure I am communicating what I mean, but as you are pointing out, this does not always work, especially when considering these kinds of matters.

Do you now understand the content of my first post or should I explain it in different terms?

Also, I never suggest anything I haven't already done - so if I was suggesting suicide, I wouldn't be here to suggest it!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

one word,

experience,

To experience the pleasures and pains that fall before us

The test of life is how we handle our experiences.

That is my opinion.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

lol, trust a Melbournite to think they sum up our whole existence in one word. Head north dude, that place will make you shallow

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
"What you are is God's gift to you. What you become is your gift to God"
(Hans urs Von Balthasar)

Are you the best version of you? Do you think who you are now is what He had in mind? Most of us would say no. I know I do.

a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join