It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the meaning of life? Stop ON by and do tell your belief! (or Not)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What is the meaning of life?

There is more than one. Right? Trying to put the meaning of life into a neat little package with a little bow is not possible, is it?

From the moment we are born into this earthly body, life begins, right? Or does it?

Could it be a continuation of life? Many have tried to answer this question with different variations.

How can anyone be sure when life began and where it ends? If this was the only life doesn't that change the meaning?

Opinions about reincarnation or the lack thereof seems to determine what each human uses to evaluate their meaning of life.

I for one, believe that there is a soul and the energy of that soul is eternal and infinite and part of a greater energy. Saying this does not make it the truth. How can I prove the existence of my soul? How can I quantify this belief?

The term most would use is faith. I have faith that I have a soul and that there is more to life than our existence on this Earth.

The alternatives don't make sense to me, but the belief that we are here to learn lessons to evolve as a spiritual being makes a great deal of sense to me.

We experience many different aspects of behavior on a daily basis that require us to have an understanding that goes deeper than just, here we are and so what.

To me, there has to be more to life. As to the meaning...that has many facets, but I believe the greatest lesson we can learn is to have acceptance for other spiritual beings. We spend time looking for certain things to make us feel better about ourselves.

I am reminded of one very important aspect that occurs the very moment we enter this world...what we are is what we are...what we have is what we have...we do not come with clothes on...we do not come with money in our hands...we do not come with prejudice...we do not come with hatred...these fallacies are man made, earthly, not of our soul. These are learned behaviors from being exposed to other actions from other beings...we want to fit in...be sociable...to be a part of societal norms.

However, these are the lessons we are inclined to learn from. Our behavior and free will choices as human beings are going to effect the evolution of our soul, but they are 2 different entities...connected, but separate.

Of course, just because I believe this doesn't make it the truth. Rather, it is my faith and belief that this is the meaning of life.

Your entitled to your own interpretation of what life is and should you care to share it that would be great...should you decide to tell me you agree that is great...should you tell me something entirely different...that is great.

Either way there really is only one truth.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I thought this had already been settled? It's 42, right?

Seriously, I think that there is no meaning to life exactly, but rather that existence and the universe as a whole is just a physical expression of some sort of energy. I think that as we're all a part of the universe, we're all a part of this energy, we're made of it and we exist like all things as physical expressions of it.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

Talk about a neat little package with a bow...certainly there is more to our existence though...just to say all we are is energy of the universe seems rather trite....I agree with you on that point, but I would be hard pressed to just leave it at that...obviously from my post...just saying.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

To be honest that's all that I really have a feeling on. I'm sure there's more to existence as you point out, but I don't really have a belief one way or another on much else. I just don't know.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If we knew our purpose and the meaning of life, if we knew what came after and before and all that will be, really wheres the fun in that? It'd be like watching a film where somebodys already told you everything that happens in it, they ruin the suspense the mystery the grand twist at the end.

If we all knew the meaning of life, life would lose its meaning. Thats my philosophy for the moment anyway.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think its the pursuit of knowledge, and to be a good person. To help people when you can and be happy.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheUsersName

That's a really good point.

I've had a similar thought concerning suffering and pain. If there wasn't any, and people were perfectly happy all the time, they wouldn't know what happiness was. Just like without darkness there can be no light for example. We need bad things so that we can appreciate the good things.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
What is the meaning of life?

The meaning of life is to make as many things as possible with bacon.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
no idea the meaning of life and there mite not be any meaning,i don,t believe in a soul so to me when we die thats it,lights out.

i think people are scared of that thought and want to believe that it surely can,t be true. to me it is and doesn,t really bother me so if i,m wrong then i suppose i can look at it as a bonus.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well, the purpose of our existence is to procreate, expand and attempt to become the most dominate life force. Just like all other life forms. Personally I doubt there's any real reason behind it. But if there is, I guess we'll find out when we die, or there is no purpose and we won't.

Honestly though, I believe we have to advance ourselves further in order to create a purpose to exist in the first place. Because right now it just seems like we're just primitive life forms with over inflated ego's, who are fascinated by shiny things. I really don't see how anyone could look at society as it is and see some higher spiritual meaning to what we as it currently stands, but that's just me.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

This is true. Heres something I posted in another thread which is a bit more in depth to that idea.

I don't think your death can result in just nothingness, how can you experience nothingness? Nothingness is a thing in itself, you cannot have life without death, light without dark, nothing without everything they coincide with each other and are symbiotic, as they need each other to have any context.

If all there was was dark and thats all I ever knew complete darkness. How could I know it was darkness? I have nothing to compare it to. How can I know there is no light if I do not even have a concept of what light is. Its the same with life and death I sometimes think. Its not beggining and end rather they are one, you cannot have a beggining without an end and end without a beggining.

If you find this idea interesting you should look into buddhist philosophy that where I learned about it. Also you can listen to lots of lectures from a man name Alan Watts for free on youtube and such and he discusses these things alot aswell.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The meaning of life is to just enjoy it and make the most of it. Love other people unconditionally and you will begin to enjoy it instead of having hate in your heart and being miserable because of that hate.

Pretty simple really, life exists so that things can be experienced, both good and bad, but try to focus on the good and everything else will follow.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There is no meaning of life until we give it meaning.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You're gonna die, Arnie. Someday you will face that moment. And at that moment you will face either complete nonexistence, or you will face something even stranger. On an actual day in the future, Arnie, you will be in the unimaginable. It is physically impossible to avoid it.

Just made me think about this quote from the movie "John Dies at the End"

It's kinda true we will either face complete and utter nothingness or something much, much, much stranger that explains the meaning of this weird thing we are all experiencing.

I don't question the meaning so much, I just think this is a test of some sort and I would like to pass so that pretty much keeps me in line.

I also wonder about the chemical in the human body '___' and how it floods the brain upon death . I have had some experiences with '___' and have thought that maybe it is some sort of mechanism to enable the soul or consciousness to move to whatever is next. Sorry mods, not trying to break T&C's talking about drugs with that last thought, but couldn't think of any other way to put it.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The meaning to life is try and not be mean to others.

Too simple.

You just try it.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

But no seriously. 42. Don't Panic now.

edit on 28-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
There is no meaning of life until we give it meaning.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
There is no rhyme or reason or great cause or meaning in the chaos and smoke and mirrors of this archon infested plane of existence bar for whatever meaning and purpose you carve out for yourself for which I suggest taking on board Buddhist guidelines.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

To obey God's Law which is to treat others as you would like to be treated. Staying in The LIGHT and Purity of The Divine Law, rather than in chaos and darkness.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Learn, Teach and Have Fun.. 'To Teach' is the same as 'To Learn' unless You are not teaching what it is You are learning, in which case, You've done You/Them little or no good.

The Tao that can be told is Not the Eternal Tao...

namaste

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join