It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Obama selling out Arab Allies to reach a deal with Iran as Yemen burns

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: neoholographic

And you should care about the Saudi Arabia why?

The 9/11 Hijackers were from Saudi Arabia and Yemen

Yes, and with those facts in hand what did we do ?

We invaded Iraq and hanged their elected Leader like a common horse thief.

I never understood this tactical cluster chuck.

Tell me about it

Anyone would think Bush and blair couldnt read a map and invaded the wrong place

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
i have to agree, it made no sense.
especially since the excuse of wmd's .....were never found.
but..its a fine example of what can happen when a government
whips its populace into a froth!

edit on 28-3-2015 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Published on Mar 26, 2015
From the March 26, 2015 edition of "The Savage Nation" with Michael Savage: Terrorism expert and former PLO terrorist Walid Shoebat joins the program for an explosive interview to talk about Obama's love affair with Islam, a potential nuclear weapons deal with Iran, ISIS and the Bowe Bergdahl story.

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I just saw that today, have your read the article from Shoebat.com
A couple quotes from it.

This war is no longer a war about Yemen, but a formation of a Sunni coalition they call it Al-Tahaluf Al-A’shari, literally the Ten Nation Confederacy which the media in English calls Ten Sunni-led Arab states.

In response to U.S. abandonment of Saudi Arabia and a response to Iran’s threat to the region, the Sunni Muslim world has risen to form a major unified force. The Coalition never informed the U.S. of its actions in Yemen fearing the U.S. is flirting with Iran.

The beginning embryo and realization that such states can unite is already made firm, but for a seven year peace deal, there needs to be turmoil, which we are witnessing on a daily basis already. This military power will force the Houthis to accept a resolution within days or weeks. This will take Iran back to the drawing board as Russia will play the peace maker. And while Iran harbors its hate, eventually, both Sunni and Shiites will realize that the warring has no end and one sinister plan will be devised to unite the fractured Muslim world which sees the turmoil lasting seven years beginning in 2011 at the rise of the Arab Spring. Such unity cannot happen unless a scapegoat is found: Israel. As the days come, the Middle East is realizing, why is Sunni killing Shiite while Jerusalem remains “un-liberated”? This is the outcry currently on the streets of the Muslim world, and if the devil would make a statement it would be: “for not killing Jews, ISIS I hated”.

I can see the whole Arab world uniting against Israel when they realize how pointless it is slaughtering each other.

Perilous times indeed.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
this is all so messed up! everyone is confused.
the US seems to not know what its doing..or trying to do.
are we working with or against you? who the hell knows!!

we work for stable countries....doesn't matter if they have a king, dictator, or an actual representative government....America IS NOT going to solve the shia/sunni conflict, it's been going on for a thousand years...I say let them fight it out, our boys could use the rest, as well as the taxpayers pocketbooks.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

they haven't seen how pointless it is for a thousand years, what cumbiya moment do you see happening at this stage of the game?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Just a 'gut' feeling and another source that you don't believe in.

Regardless, you can see the alliances changing, it could be a very interesting decade in the Middle East.

Time will tell if it is a history making, Shia / Sunni alliance.

I wont be surprised if that is what we finally see, at least for a short time.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

But Saudi Arabia in some ways is our enemy anyways especially after they brought 9/11 and supported ISIS.

Here come the Obamaites!

So now Saudi Arabia is the enemy and Iran is our closest friend. Pure nonsense and it just shows, some people will follow Obama off of a cliff if he lead them there.

It's the same with some Republicans who still to this day support Nixon.

This is why non violent sociopaths are attracted to areas like politics, Wall Street and the pulpit. This is where they can blindly control the most people.

9/11 was a Bush thing. His comment suggests no opinion on Obama lol.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The Arab States would not be able to do much without US aid. The US is providing targets, transport, SAR (ie the crashed Saudi pilots the US recovered yesterday, and command and control. Now call me crazt that does not sound like out Arab allies have been or feel abandoned.

I know most people are clueless about the region and the way things work but, this US sells out X country for Iran is getting pathetic. Yes the US would prefer a diplomatic solution to the other option of war with Iran that will spill over into Iraq, Afganistan and nuclear armed Packistan and the next several decades of US troops getting killed in all those countries. If anybody had better option feel free to chime in.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx
thats all well and good..but the US cannot let anyone sort things out on their own.
we must be in the middle of everything.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Obama - A Dead Bodies Best Friend......................

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

And you should care about the Saudi Arabia why?

The 9/11 Hijackers were from Saudi Arabia and Yemen

It is naive at best to say why should we care about Saudi Arabia.....OIL. This is the reason we care. And before you say I support them......I would let the entire middle east figure itself out. We should get ourselves off the oil gravy train.

They are all bad including Israel and Turkey.......Bunch of religious nut jobs is all I see.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Iran and Hezbollah taken off the bad guy list and Israel being threatened with UN and sanction action,Mubarak disposed of,Ghadaffi from bad guy to guy we can deal with then diposed of,isil trained and armed by Us goes feral Kurds getting stuff all help...no wonder Saudi Arabia did not warn the US about Yemen as your enemies are now your friends and your friends cannot fathom whatever schizophrenic objectives the US has in the area.If I was Israel I would backward engineer anything American in their arsenal I can see the day spares and supplies get cut off.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
How about we just get out of the ME all together? Did we learn nothing from SE Asia?

Hundred stars.

Its a mess full of savages , always has been a mess full of savages and always will be a mess full of savages.

USA and EU will never fix it.

Hey, i normally agree with your posts on this subject but it's not fair to call people in the Mideast savages. The vast majority of people there are normal people with normal lives, lovers, families, jobs, and normal interests. They absolutely love sports & music, are usually multilingual, have friends and family who travel abroad, and have large movements in the arts & poetry (don't know if you consider poetry "art"). The masses even protest against their own governments quite regularly, especially when pushing for more civil rights.

The point is that people are people. There are definitely some very brutal people there. Just as there are here and everywhere else (let's not forget Abu Ghraib, the millions of civilians we slaughtered in Vietnam, or "lynching postcards"). And the majority of victims there are civilians, as in people who have nothing to do with the militants.

With that said, I definitely agree with you that we should leave that region once & for all. We should invest that money into things that will actually keep America self sufficient (or pay off our debt, or bail out our citizens, or upgrade our infrastructure, or focus on finding cures for diseases, or etc).
edit on 29-3-2015 by enlightenedservant because: added a few more examples because I love to type a lot

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

But Saudi Arabia in some ways is our enemy anyways especially after they brought 9/11 and supported ISIS.

Here come the Obamaites!

So now Saudi Arabia is the enemy and Iran is our closest friend. Pure nonsense and it just shows, some people will follow Obama off of a cliff if he lead them there.

It's the same with some Republicans who still to this day support Nixon.

This is why non violent sociopaths are attracted to areas like politics, Wall Street and the pulpit. This is where they can blindly control the most people.

None of this is so black and white. Everyone are allies with everyone's enemies and everyone's enemies are allies with everyone's friend. SA just whacked N. America with their OPEC game, Israel is crying over spilled milk while they hurl stones with america's name on them, SA supports ISIL, US funds proxy wars, the Sunnis and Shia are killing themselves, ISIL are Sunni and so is Gaza...Iran hates ISIL and so does the rest of the world. Help one, strengthen the other.

This is soooo complicated no one can give a direct answer. It's messed up so bad, at this stage, anything we do is wrong,

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: abe froman
How about we just get out of the ME all together? Did we learn nothing from SE Asia?

Hundred stars.

Its a mess full of savages , always has been a mess full of savages and always will be a mess full of savages.

USA and EU will never fix it.

Hey, i normally agree with your posts on this subject but it's not fair to call people in the Mideast savages. The vast majority of people there are normal people with normal lives, lovers, families, jobs, and normal interests. They absolutely love sports & music, are usually multilingual, have friends and family who travel abroad, and have large movements in the arts & poetry (don't know if you consider poetry "art"). The masses even protest against their own governments quite regularly, especially when pushing for more civil rights.

The point is that people are people. There are definitely some very brutal people there. Just as there are here and everywhere else (let's not forget Abu Ghraib, the millions of civilians we slaughtered in Vietnam, or "lynching postcards"). And the majority of victims there are civilians, as in people who have nothing to do with the militants.

With that said, I definitely agree with you that we should leave that region once & for all. We should invest that money into things that will actually keep America self sufficient (or pay off our debt, or bail out our citizens, or upgrade our infrastructure, or focus on finding cures for diseases, or etc).

The most logical, common sense post I've seen on the topic of the ME in a long time.

Peace

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Good points but it's not really that complicated.

The best we can hope for is stability in the region. That stability depends supporting countries not named Iran.

Bush made a mistake going into Iraq. The fact is, the world supported Saddam Hussein because NOBODY wanted Iran to gain in power. In some cases, you just have to side with the lesser of two evils and Iran will always be the greater evil. You just can't negotiate with Iran in such a position of weakness. It's simply insane. If you desperately want to do a deal with Iran, you don't let them know how desperate you are. They know Obama is desperate and he partly wants to do this deal out of spite.

What Obama is doing is an incoherent mess. The only reason why some agree with it is because they blindly support Obama. Sadly, this goes for both parties. They go too far with blind support for the Republican or Democrat in office.

The reason this is the case is because Saddam was about money. He's about self preservation. Look at the Saudi Princes. At the end of the day, there about capitalism and money. In other words, they're not going to blow themselves and everyone else up over visions of the apocalypse.

In Iran, they haven't been able to separate the Govt. from the Ayatollahs. The President is just a figure head. You can't have a 1st century mentality with modern weapons.

If Israel were run by Rabbi's who had visions of the return of David and an apocalypse, then you don't want them having these weapons.

America messed up when with the Shah and Mosaddegh. They had leaders in place in Iran that would be far from perfect but much better than Ruhollah Khomeini. Since then, there hasn't been a separation of the Government from the grip of the Ayatollahs.

Here's more of some of the things that occurred under the Shah:

The Shah changed all this. Primarily by using oil-generated wealth, he modernized the nation. He built rural roads, postal services, libraries, and electrical installations. He constructed dams to irrigate Iran's arid land, making the country 90-percent self-sufficient in food production. He established colleges and universities, and at his own expense, set up an educational foundation to train students for Iran's future.

To encourage independent cultivation, the Shah donated 500,000 Crown acres to 25,000 farmers. In 1978, his last full year in power, the average Iranian earned $2,540, compared to $160 25 years earlier. Iran had full employment, requiring foreign workers. The national currency was stable for 15 years, inspiring French economist André Piettre to call Iran a country of "growth without inflation." Although Iran was the world's second largest oil exporter, the Shah planned construction of 18 nuclear power plants. He built an Olympic sports complex and applied to host the 1988 Olympics (an honor eventually assigned Seoul), an achievement unthinkable for other Middle East nations.

www.thenewamerican.com...

Was he perfect, no.

Obama's weakness with Iran is dangerous. Iran is a theocracy ran by the supreme leader. This is why you have so much consternation in the region about Iran gaining nuclear weapons and gaining more power. Here's more on Iran:

At the top of Iran's power structure is the Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who succeeded Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the father of the Iranian Revolution, upon Khomeini's death in 1989. Khomeini and Khamenei are the only two men to have held the office since the founding of the Islamic Republic in 1979.

According to Iran's Constitution, the Supreme Leader is responsible for the delineation and supervision of "the general policies of the Islamic Republic of Iran," which means that he sets the tone and direction of Iran's domestic and foreign policies. The Supreme Leader also is commander-in-chief of the armed forces and controls the Islamic Republic's intelligence and security operations; he alone can declare war or peace. He has the power to appoint and dismiss the leaders of the judiciary, the state radio and television networks, and the supreme commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. He also appoints six of the twelve members of the Council of Guardians, the powerful body that oversees the activities of Parliament and determines which candidates are qualified to run for public office.

Now the President:

The president is the second highest ranking official in Iran. While the president has a high public profile, however, his power is in many ways trimmed back by the constitution, which subordinates the entire executive branch to the Supreme Leader. In fact, Iran is the only state in which the executive branch does not control the armed forces.

www.pbs.org...

The Obama administration has helped create a lot of vacuums in the ME and Iran is rushing to fill those vacuums and gain power. The administration doesn't want to call Iran out because it doesn't want to upset the deal that Obama desperately wants.

Th region is a powder keg and the last thing you want is Iran which is the supreme leader gaining power or nuclear weapons.
edit on 29-3-2015 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

The only reason why some agree with it is because they blindly support Obama.

No
In fact many of Obama biggest critics on ATS are in favor of a diplomatic option with Iran.

Look at the Saudi Princes. At the end of the day, there about capitalism and money. In other words, they're not going to blow themselves and everyone else up over visions of the apocalypse.

I dont know were you get this bull # from.

I would tell that to the 15 Saudis that flew planes in 9/11 o wait you cant CAUSE THEY KILLED THEMSELVES IN A SUICIDE ATTACK!

The Saudi's are #ing nuts!

Flogging women for driving. Chopping peoples hands off, religious police. Yes your so called secular Saudi has freaking religious police!

No Iran is not much better.

But dont fool yourself that the Saudis are in anyway better!
edit on 29-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

An excellent post and analysis.

Like I always say nobody always does stupid stuff. As much as I criticize Obama on foreign policy, on Iran and Cuba he is, imo, doing the right thing.

And on Syria he ended up doing the right thing by not attacking them

Though on other issues I disagree with Obama such as on ISIS where imo he should have went all out to destroy them earlier

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

An excellent post and analysis.

Like I always say nobody always does stupid stuff. As much as I criticize Obama on foreign policy, on Iran and Cuba he is, imo, doing the right thing.

And on Syria he ended up doing the right thing by not attacking them

Though on other issues I disagree with Obama such as on ISIS where imo he should have went all out to destroy them earlier

This is the thing Iran/Saudi and all the others are just as bad as each other. The only ones in the ME worse are ISIS.

So why is the US/west taking sides?

We should all just remain neutral and either trade with both or sanction both.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join