It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tesla: Master of Lightning"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Just found this documentary on the life and times of one of the greatest minds of the twentieth century 'Nikola Tesla'. The run time is about an hour and a half so make some time to watch it if you can.

thearcanefront.com...

Nikola Tesla invented or developed many of the electrical technologies which form the basis of modern life, including alternating-current (AC) power transmission and electric motors, high-frequency (HF) communications (the basis for radio and television), neon lighting, remote radio control, and X-rays, just to name some. Tesla’s visionary ideas incited intrigue, in addition to jealousy and disdain from those who considered him a rival or threat to their stronghold on energy. He died penniless in relative obscurity in 1943, at which time the U.S. government immediately moved in on his lab and apartment and confiscated a life’s worth of research…

READ MORE... thearcanefront.com...

I've always had the greatest respect for the man and it saddens me that he never received the recognition he most certainly deserved.

Well enough said I'll let you watch it and hopefully you'll find it "illumiating".

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I respect the man too why gave my son the middle name Tesla.. Shame corporate greed left him penniless ..

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
What did Tesla do to his genitals?

Why did Marconi invent the radio instead of Tesla?

What was Tesla's greatest achievement?

How many of the legends about Tesla are completely apocryphal with no factual basis?

Tesla was a smart guy, but lazy, often misguided, and a little off his rocker. Though he has become an American legend and folk hero he has the place in history he deserves, no more no less.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

How many of the legends about Tesla are completely apocryphal with no factual basis?

Tesla was a smart guy, but lazy, often misguided, and a little off his rocker. Though he has become an American legend and folk hero he has the place in history he deserves, no more no less.

Well Abe if you take the time to watch the documentary then maybe you would have a clue to who Tesla was. Obviously you have no respect for the man for whatever reason, maybe you're a descendent of Edison I don't know. But to be ignorant of his accomplishments and deride him because of it is rather shallow thinking in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri
My dear child I have studied Tesla, for decades.

I am well aware of his accomplishments and failures.

If Tesla had been developing the radio, (as he was being paid and specifically funded to do) instead of fooling about fraudulently with wireless transmission of power, he would be the oft sung hero that his acolytes want him to be instead of an historical footnote.

Also, dude mutilated his junk, do you want to emulate that?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

So because he because of his peculiarities we should toss everything he did in the trash and ostracize him?

That would eliminate an awful lot of knowledge from our history if we did that for everyone.

Don't hate the science because of the scientist!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Don't have the time to watch the video atm, will do later. Isn't his scalar weapon theorized to have caused the Tunguska Event the one time he tested it?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Enlighten me, what are Tesla's great achievements?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Your out of your mind. He mutilated hi genitals (allegedly) to not be distracted.

Tesla was a researcher, was awarded the patent for the radio eventually, and worked nonstop. I seriously suggest reading some actual history of the atomosophere at the time. He created the most important aspect of utilizing a workable current and motor to completely change the world and industrialization.

It could be said that single invention and theory changed the induatrial world more than anyone else. He created the entire backbone of the work of that time and its still used today.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You know if you don't have anything productive to add to the thread there's a couple of dozen other forums for you to go troll as my picnic basket is empty right now.

Buh bye.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
AC power and Tesla coils.

The radio was also posthumously declared to be Tesla's invention as the US patent office declared his patents to have precedence.

Of course, the Marconi's aren't giving any money back.

We all know his name better than Marconi's anyway and just as well if not better than say, Eli Whitney.

As I said before, the man has the place in history that he EARNED.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainTwig

You mean the weapon he claimed to have and tried to sell sight unseen? The weapon that never materialized even after his death?

He played a "first you throw me the idol, then I throw you the whip" game with the British government over it.

The UK didn't fall for it and I (and others) believe it never existed and was basically a con.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yes I mean that weapon. Didn't he claim he was testing it, and then we found out Tunguska happened in the same time frame? As for materializing, the gov't took his stuff. They don't share well as we all know. So if it was real, we wouldn't be allowed to know. I just wanted to know if I was correct in remembering the first supposed use of scalar weaponry. Idc what you or others think of it existing. Your thoughts are your own.
edit on 3/28/2015 by CaptainTwig because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Tesla didn't invent AC Power.

If they can't get that right it's pointless watching.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Interesting statement! Why would you claim this and do you have anything more to add such as some sources for your claim?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri

Interesting statement! Why would you claim this and do you have anything more to add such as some sources for your claim?

Research is your friend

en.wikipedia.org...

If Tesla invented AC Power ( which he didn't ) why was the worlds first AC Power Station built in England and not The U.S. ?
edit on 28-3-2015 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainTwig
Don't have the time to watch the video atm, will do later. Isn't his scalar weapon theorized to have caused the Tunguska Event the one time he tested it?

Yes, that's a fascinating theory. He built a giant "Tesla coil", not a small one you see on Youtube videos, but one the size of a radio mast, several hundred feet high. At the same time that Tesla is powering this machine up to the point of sending giant sparks in every direction including towards the heavens, and lighting up the surrounding area there is the Tunguska event.

On the other side of the planet, and according to eyewitnesses to the Tunguska event, people saw a silver/shiny cylinder object floating in the air just before hearing the explosion. The shock wave knocked down and scorched trees in every direction in a bipolar butterfly shape. One theory is that this was a UFO exploded. Another is that it was the shock wave of a comet or meteorite that disintegrated high up in the atmosphere leaving a column of falling debris. Small sphericules of melted metal have been found at the impact site, but But nothing hi-tech like circuit boards, computers or landing gear.

Was it a lightning bolt, or an asteroid knocked off course by his Tesla coil?

He did goof around with electromagnetic oscillation. Playing around with a small steel girder, he managed to build a coil that would make the steel bar resonate at high frequency to the point that it split in two. He went to the construct site at night and connect that device to the steel bars attached to the foundation concrete. Powering up the device, it actually made the whole structure gradually resonate to the point that it was creating a small earthquake in the local area and the police were called.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Research is your friend

en.wikipedia.org...

If Tesla invented AC Power ( which he didn't ) why was the worlds first AC Power Station built in England and not The U.S. ?

I stand corrected!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Research is your friend

en.wikipedia.org...

I stand corrected!

Good of you to " Man Up "

The first AC current was generated in 1832. Tesla was born in 1856.

Unfortunately most of what is claimed to have been achieved by Tesla is nothing more than myth. Start to research his claims and most of them fall apart.

If you want to research a true genius then look into the work of Michael Faraday.
edit on 28-3-2015 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I'm quite familiar with Faraday as I did 3 years of an electrical apprenticeship and he was a big part of the course work. He certainly brought the field a long way.

top topics

join