It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Plane Strikes Radio Tower.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
www.nbc4.tv...

This reminds me of a couple years ago when in florida a plane floen my a sstudent pliolt flew into a building, he said he wanted the attacks to continue against the us, same type of airplane, i wonder if the same type of circumstances are there?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Don't jump to conclusions. Accidents happen. This one just happened to involve a transmission tower, which, after all, do stick up into the sky just where some careless or poorly trained private pilot may be flying. Don't foreget to allow for how many private pilots there are in the US; accidents are a regular occurance.

As for the aircraft type, single engined Cessnas are overwhelmingly common. I took my private pilot training on one myself. There's no significance in the aircraft type.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I would doubt it was anything malicious. If, for some reason, the red beaclon on top of the tower was out or it was foggy or something, or even if the beacon was working, and there was no weather, accidents happen. It use to happen all the time, thats why there are the red beacons on anything over like 100 feet tall (I.E. radio towers, cell phone towers, very large buildings, things of that nature).

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Yea accidents can happen, but how can you hit a tower. Oh well, i just wanted to put this out there, it may have been a perfect accident, mabye not, just giving all of you the first word.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Most likely an accident. Besides it was a radio tower. If the person wanted this to be well known it would have been a TV station or something bigger. If it was a malicous crash then it wasn't very well executed.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Yea accidents can happen, but how can you hit a tower.

Why is this so hard to believe? Its easy to hit anything, if you're not paying attention, if you're distracted, if its dark and the lights are out, if weather is poor, if you misjudge your course or distance and don't leave enough time to react... in a car, how can you hit a tree or a lamp post? Yet it happens all the time. Common now, is every accident going to be percieved as having some kind of connection to some plot or other?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yes it's true that accidents can happen. Most likely this was an accident, I have to agree with AlexofSkye on this one. Besides he could have been a bit drunk. Yes this is possible because technically driving drunk is against the law but people still do it. Or it could have been incompetance.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I would like to thint it was an acident, but with no other info on this it does seem like a hush hush story. Right now i say both are possible, while accident is the favorite.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
This was a small aircraft that made a big mistake, the pilot flew into a 900 feet tall Guyed Wire tower, and my guess, (havng spent 10 yrs building and maintaining these towers around the world) is one of two scenarios- 1. The red beacon was out, however towers this height also have other lights...and should have been strobed, not just a red beacon. Electricity could have been off. 2. Extreme pilot error, keep in mind that these towers have guyed wires that go out 1/3 the tower height, in one of three directions. And, if you lose a set of guyed wires, the whole tower will probaly fall, as this one did. There was a crash in Pensacola, Fl not too many years back, where a passenger jet hit one of these towers and crashed into the Gulf. It happens-

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
i guess, there sure are some crappy piolets though.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I would like to thint it was an acident, but with no other info on this it does seem like a hush hush story. Right now i say both are possible, while accident is the favorite.

I wouldn't say that it was hush hush. It's just a "non story". As was stated earlier, small plane accidents happen all the time, and they rarely if ever make the national news....This would be a local story at most.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Quick a terror attack means we get to pick a poor 3rd world country to invade! YAAY!

Mauritania has links to WMD, Al Quaida, Commies, Pyongyang and "freedom haters (TM)" in general, HONEST! So it must have been them, lets call it operation morebucks!

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
TKainZero, it is good that you are observant, and I can see how a situation like this could alert you.
Helicopters are notorius for hitting the towers, or getting tangled up in the guyed wires, also. Towers of this height are used for either radio(fm) or television. The top of these towers are quite often in the clouds or fog, depending on location. This contributes to towers being fit by aircraft. Just recently on the news, I cannot remeber where, but there was this guy with 2 boys in a hot air balloon, they blew into a 1000 footer and luckily, the tower held and they were able to climb the 1000 feet down to the ground.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I gueess that this was an accident, but i am just looking for the clues that lead to the bigger picture.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If you want to find such clues badly enough, you will see them everywhere. Beware the danger of self-delusion.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I read tons of headline all the time, every day i look at alll the stuff i can, about once a month i find things that are definte, evvery week i find good leads, but every day i like to look into whatever is avalible, and this definatly qualifies as something to look into, am i wroung?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yes, you are. If you WANT to find connections, you will see them, even if they aren't really there. Its a kind of wishful thinking. After all, accidents do happen, by the hundreds every day. You would have to show me that there is something unusual about this accident, or something suspicious, as the police would say. If there isn't, its just an accident.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
This most likly was an accident, but not every thing was an aciddent. The clues are all around us every day, in the news, what people in power say, you cant just sit back and wait for it to be told to you, we need to find it. I want to find it, i have wanted to find it for a long time, i am tired of this crap, i am tired of the mass media, i want the truth! And i will find the truth!

top topics

join