It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Topeka Police Implement New Policy: When a Cop Stops You, Hands Must Go Up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: ketsuko

The way things seem to be going that's not all that's going to burn. I feel as though we're in some kind of dodgy sociology experiment. Just keep throwing more and more absurd things at the wall, they don't care if they stick , or not, they just want to see who reacts, and how.

Correct.

Today, Topeka (Testing ground)

Tomorrow, the Nation.

Peace

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Of course, we also had a different class of citizen back then too. People used to have far more respect for their place in society and the laws of society too.

If you want to blame cops for being too violent, you might also want to look at the average citizen and their lack of respect for others. What goes around also comes around.

I agree to some extent, the lack of respect in today's society does seem to be both global and systemic. However my main point was that respect must be earned. At a job, do you show respect for your employer or do you get fired? If you're doing a good job and your boss doesn't show you the respect you deserve, would you quit? But what if you're doing a bad job that really isn't in the interest of your employer, do you still deserve respect? I don't think so. Police are employees and our taxes keep their gravy train rolling and them gainfully employed. People should simply stop paying their taxes, bring all this crap to a screeching halt. A little civil disobedience in all of their wallets might make a whole world of change ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Even tho you are not breaking any laws in your state, you are still guilty before innocent. Try to prove otherwise.

With the passing of such BS in CANADA we are seeing the same creeping North.

All as planned.

Peace

Planned, indeed. And yes, spreading. When the police can pull people over for no reason at all, just to see IF there is a problem, we no longer have any rights.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowen20
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Reminds me of Nazis telling the "Prison camp inmates", "Its only a shower, everyone must take a shower, you need to be clean for infection control purposes....Trust us".

Lambs to the slaughter, one way or another.

Give them time. There are some who would applaud if groups they personally hate were treated that way. There is that much hate around these days. Ironically, some of the groups most likely to be targeted are also groups accused of being that hateful.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: jude11

Do the police get to write laws regarding citizen behavior? Don't these things need to be voted on by elected officials? Who signed this law into effect?

Great question. I remember we used to have that thing...oh, what was it called? Bingo! The Constitution! Remember? It was that really important and priceless document our hemp farming forefathers created in order to avoid these types of atrocities?

I think there was another important document that complimented it quite well...What was it again? That's right, The Bill of Rights!

Someday, sooner than later, people will really be having a convo like this...and not a sarcastic one either. I'm appalled that the citizens of Topeka, Kansas and the USA would allow this to happen and just bow down to this type of control.

It makes me very sad sometimes, seeing was this country has devolved to. All in the name of safety, security, terrorism and whatever other BS excuse they can come up with.

Hands Up? Barf.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

oh...
so now the cops want to bark "hands up!" at you...

lol, good luck with that.

someone comes up behind me and shouts "hands up!", I'll be shooting from the hip
just like with any other mugger...

it would truly be ironic if this despicable thumbing of the nose at civilians, by police were to backfire, and literally blow up in (or off) their faces.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Yeah, that's not going to work out for the police department very well.

Surely they understand that Topeka will have road users in it who are not resident of, nor aware of local by laws of the place? How many out of towners are going to get ventilated, just by following general traffic stop procedure, acceptable in every other jurisdiction?

This seems like the stupidest nonsense I have heard since Mitt Romney ran for office.

Wait until they monetize it and start saying they can charge you if your hands aren't up.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Planned, indeed. And yes, spreading. When the police can pull people over for no reason at all, just to see IF there is a problem, we no longer have any rights.

They can already do this. If you're in a vehicle and the engine is running the police can pull you over for any reason they want, or no reason at all. After they've got you pulled over they can then look for a problem.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I don't do fscebook, but someone should start a page, or start a movement called "Evacuate Topeka Kansas" and try to organize to help people relocate. Let it become a ghost town.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

They can already do this. If you're in a vehicle and the engine is running the police can pull you over for any reason they want, or no reason at all. After they've got you pulled over they can then look for a problem.

Yeah, I was watching Alaska State Troopers (well I wasn't watching but was in the room and it was on. someone else was watching it. I hate those cop shows) and they pulled over a girl and busted her with a small amount of psychadelic mushrooms and marijuana. The trooper then explained why she got pulled over, "She just got unlucky because her car was too clean. It made it stand out." So I guess cleanliness ISNT really next to Godliness lol... (a quote that is not actually in the Bible, just fyi. some dude said it hundreds of years later)

But Ive also heard of cops pulling people over for their car being too dirty. So you're damned if you do, damned if you dont, when it comes to washing your car. I suppose one must be careful to make sure the dirtyness/cleanliness of your car is right at the perfect level.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I read all of these posts and many thoughts run through my conscious mind that I feel compelled to express but at this stage of the game, I just see nothing but futility in even trying to post what I feel. We are nearing a fascist state and there is only one certain outcome in the end. Combining these kinds of oppression and this nations financial debacle, although I do not endorse this outcome in any manner, rebellion and anarchy is the logical outcome in the end and the government knows it is coming.

The truth as I see it is that the only constitutionally authorized law enforcement is elected county sheriffs and constables. All others are nothing more than illegal corporate security guards with absolutely no legal authority to stop, detain or ultimately even kill any citizen but nothing will change until the majority sees and becomes fully infuriated with the increasing militaristic oppressive behavior of these unconstitutional corporate security thugs.

I personally believe every Washington politician should be apprehended and the nearest Oak tree should be decorated with their decaying corpses for what they have done to this nation. "Every one of them". They have sold this nations thriving economy, "Bush #1 and Clinton, NAFTA" to the highest bidder and stolen this nations citizens ability to peruse a decent lifestyle.

I'm completely infuriated by just how corrupt our government has become and sold us out as a nation. Problem is, I'm just too old to do anything about it.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Dumbest post I've read on this site, spanning several years. Here's why, in a nutshell:

First, your "facts" are simply wrong. Try this: cjonline.com...

Try reading the second sentence, where it says "THIS WEEK." This isn't a policy change; rather, it's something local law enforcement is asking citizens to do, because safety, and blah blah blah. Personally, I don't have any problem with it, because I put my hands on the wheel as it is. I don't trust law enforcement any more than I trust anyone else I don't know, but that doesn't give me the right to be a douche and impede them doing their job. You've clearly been given your Douche Card, so it probably doesn't matter to you.

Second, if you were at least somewhat intelligent, or had done some actual research, you'd find that Topeka already has its resident "cop videographer." His name is Addison Mikkelson, and he's a little pain in the ass. He's a child running around with mommy's cellphone, and he actually IS obstructing law enforcement. What do you think the cops do about it, huh? I'm sure in your tiny little mind, they're confiscating his phone, smashing it, slamming him up against walls, and probably conducting cavity searches. The reality, however, is that they tell him...on camera, mind you...that they have no problem with it, and just ask that the boy not get up in the middle of everything while it's happening. As a responsible, intelligent citizen, I have no problem with this, either. You're clearly lacking the two qualities I just listed, so you must have a serious problem with law enforcement trying to enforce the law.

Damn, son...we have so many problems in To-puke-a, ranging from abuse of eminent domain, to theft by the city council, to skirting the law in trying to force taxpayers to buy a racetrack...why did you feel the need to post a topic that was just a lie? Are you seriously that bored, or are you just not very bright?

Not even bothering with all the twits who blindly agreed with your nonsense; they obviously can't think for themselves. They just read the completely inaccurate bull# you posted, and ran with it.

It's sad to see how far this site has fallen. We could get better facts and research out of an elementary school class. Jude11 has proven that quite easily.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Seems that that would be a bit of common sense. In a traffic stop, keep your hands in plain sight, say 10-2.

When being questioned on the street keep 'em out of your pockets, and if you do put 'em in, tell 'em why. "I'm getting my ID." , as an example...

In all likelihood, they have a reason for doing what they're doing. If they don't have a good reason, and they're being bullies, all the more reason to cooperate. Unless you want your kids to be orphans? Or your wife/husband a widow/widower?

Seriously. Pick your time and place for the fight. Confronting the bully with a gun? Perhaps not the brightest thing to do.

I'm two for two in getting cops on power trips fired. It can be done, if you're willing to go to the mat with it.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Yeah, that's not going to work out for the police department very well.

Surely they understand that Topeka will have road users in it who are not resident of, nor aware of local by laws of the place? How many out of towners are going to get ventilated, just by following general traffic stop procedure, acceptable in every other jurisdiction?

This seems like the stupidest nonsense I have heard since Mitt Romney ran for office.

I thought the same thing. Which leads me to think that someone is going to get hurt when they don't know about this law cause they are not a local.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

They can, and they do! No rights, no real freedom, just a police state. There ought to be very limited rasons for the police pulling someone over. After all,, that IS a temporary arrest, is it not?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join