It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Topeka Police Implement New Policy: When a Cop Stops You, Hands Must Go Up

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Put your hands up...or else.

Drivers as well as their passengers in Topeka Kansas will soon be subject to a new policy requiring everyone to put their hands up during police stops. Police say they are implementing this policy because “we all want to go home to our families, and this makes it safer for us to approach vehicles to gain that compliance. It gives us a chance to survive these encounters.”

Vid at source. www.blacklistednews.com...
ksnt.com...

And the justification?

“As we all know, we’ve lost three officers in less than 2 years and as a result of that we’ve had to take a hard look at the way we’re conducting business, particularly as it relates to car stops.” said TPD School Resource Officer Matt McClimans.

Wow! 3 officers in 2 years! I'm sorry but I don't have time to list all the innocent victims killed by police over the last 2 years. But that isn't important I guess.

Here are just a few grouped together: thefreethoughtproject.com...

The Key Word? COMPLIANCE.

“Before we even approach a car, is to see the hands of the driver and occupants, it doesn’t matter what the infraction is, it doesn’t matter if it’s a soccer mom, it’s just gaining that hand compliance.”

Now you are officially a threat just for being looked at by a cop. And what about a few other issues with this?

How would someone hold the police accountable by filming their own interactions if they are forced to raise their hands? All too often innocent people are vindicated after being beaten and assaulted by police, only because a cell phone was recording. This would end that. Imagine a situation in which someone tries to point their phone out of the windows while they attempt to raise their hands, the end result would not be pretty if officers mistook the phone for a gun.

What if a passenger in the vehicle is paralyzed, or temporarily disabled and they cannot raise their hands? Is this an immediate death sentence?

Nice way to stop someone from filming their encounter right? Smooth.

I don't want to hazard a guess as to how many disabled people are going to be gunned down because they can't raise their hands. Many will say I am reaching and it's ridiculous to suggest it will happen. Please remember this thread when you start seeing it.

I just posted a thread where a Senator stated he was more concerned with the police here at home than ISIS terrorists. Guess he wasn't far off.

Jude11

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Utter insanity.
If "we" don't stand up and stop this soo.......oh wait, too late, nevermind.

Resistance is seemingly futile.

Just put your hands up, shut up...be a good little slave.

If people allow this, they get what they deserve. If you are willing to be subjected to this type of treatment just because you commit a traffic violation, you are an idiot and ARE the problem here.....

edit on 28-3-2015 by Jakal26 because: adding a thought

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
And THERE IT IS. That same ol' "we gotta go home at night" mantra!! Never fails.

“we all want to go home to our families

Pretty sure this is what's most important.

compliance.

It gives us a chance to survive these encounters.”

Uh, how 'bout we survive the encounter too, huh?
Sorry for all the edits, but WTF? Every time we turn around, they are enacting more draconian laws, getting more equipment, more MRAPS, body armor, etc. This is getting stupid. Wonder how many will be shot because they didn't immediately raise their hands? How many will be dragged out of their car in front of their kids and slammed face down, with a knee on their neck, because they didn't automatically submit to the nice officer? How many will have a gun stuck in their face by a screaming psycho when they don't follow this little gem of a law? For all who are outraged when someone speaks out against cops, do you see where this is headed? Now do you understand what we've been trying to tell you?
Just found this jewel at the end of the article:

Just as a precaution, everyone will be asked to do it, no matter the age, race or infraction.

So, a 5 year old child is going to have to raise their hands? Way to go. That ol' Officer Friendly crap just went right out the window. Let's see them go in to schools and brainwa...., uh, I mean convince the kids they're there to protect them
edit on 28-3-2015 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

You will......IF you do as your told, SLAVE...
Now, get those hands up....and bow down and lick my boots so I know you're "not a threat", peon.

edit on 28-3-2015 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

link   
Shame we can't even get reliable stats on how many UNARMED INNOCENT CITIZENS that district has lost in the last two years.

How is it even possible that police departments don't need to keep track of that sort of thing?

Next thing you know police will shoot every occupant in the head before approaching the vehicle.

link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
And THERE IT IS. That same ol' "we gotta go home at night" mantra!! Never fails.

“we all want to go home to our families

Pretty sure this is what's most important.

compliance.

It gives us a chance to survive these encounters.”

it's all psychological of course.

Hands in the air or bent over, what's the difference?

Subservient conditioning.

Jude11

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Hands in the air or bent over, what's the difference?

Yeah, next it will be anal cavity searches on the side of the road. Oh, wait.....that's already happened.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

Utter insanity.
If "we" don't stand up and stop this soo.......oh wait, too late, nevermind.

Resistance is seemingly futile.

Just put your hands up, shut up...be a good little slave.

If people allow this, they get what they deserve. If you are willing to be subjected to this type of treatment just because you commit a traffic violation, you are an idiot and ARE the problem here.....

The worst part is that it's just for a stop... you've not neccessarily committed any offense.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

How is it even possible that police departments don't need to keep track of that sort of thing?

It's possible because you are a peon....learn it, SLAVE!

Now shut up and get your goddamned hands in the air!!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I say we start raising the middle finger on each hand while we are at it.
edit on 28-3-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a foolish and unnecessary (further) erosion of the already fragile state of cop/citizen relations.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Mister_Bit

you've not neccessarily committed any offense.

Didn't you hear? ALL are guilty until proven innocent. You should know this, SLAVE...

You have committed the offense of being on THEIR roads...in THEIR cities/towns. YOU are a POS SLAVE and you WILL do as you're told.

I'm tired of the questions, you peons WILL learn your place.....
Now lick my boots, boy. I think I got some dog sh*t on there that you WILL remove for your master!

(ANNNND.....You're breathing the oxygen of your masters. Are you paying for that? No? CRIMINAL! How dare you breath the oxygen of divinity!!!.....time for you to die!)
edit on 28-3-2015 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Well, that's great. Mission accomplished. Ok, policy shift. They shut this down...no more "hands up" for traffic stops.
The middle fingers did the trick....that really taught em.

(Not trying to be a dick, just kinda pointing out how utterly frivolous this would be)

....."we've" been throwing the finger to "the man" for how long now? WTF has that accomplished?

No...I know what we need....but it isn't going to happen so I won't even bother, not to mention T&C and all that, so.

edit on 28-3-2015 by Jakal26 because: Ok...I'm done replying constantly because I feel I'm flooding a thread that isn't mine.

edit on 28-3-2015 by Jakal26 because: sorry Jude.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I am pretty sure a "policy" is not legally binding...doesn't a State Law have to be passed for something like this to be legal? I mean I guess if an officer tells you to do it, compliance is a good idea, but certainly this isn't constitutional. I am befuddled as to how long this lasts, as the Supreme Court would strike this down I would imagine.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
These sources kind of suck.

A quick google for this and I'm just finding a whole bunch of websites I've never heard of with copy/pasta of a few that I have- all filled with poorly worded clickbait ads all over them.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Wow. Make a joke and. ....

ATS never ceases to amaze me.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I am pretty sure a "policy" is not legally binding...doesn't a State Law have to be passed for something like this to be legal? I mean I guess if an officer tells you to do it, compliance is a good idea, but certainly this isn't constitutional. I am befuddled as to how long this lasts, as the Supreme Court would strike this down I would imagine.

Local authority might as well be god when they've got full legal ability to shoot you in the head when you don't comply.
You were "resisting" when you didn't do what you were told- they could rape your grandmother at that point and get off with a slap on the wrist.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Yeah, that's not going to work out for the police department very well.

Surely they understand that Topeka will have road users in it who are not resident of, nor aware of local by laws of the place? How many out of towners are going to get ventilated, just by following general traffic stop procedure, acceptable in every other jurisdiction?

This seems like the stupidest nonsense I have heard since Mitt Romney ran for office.
edit on 28-3-2015 by TrueBrit because: Inserted missing letter.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I am pretty sure a "policy" is not legally binding...doesn't a State Law have to be passed for something like this to be legal?

You haven't been paying attention to our wonderful Police State. They say what is legal. And legal or not, they will have a gun pointed at your head if you don't follow instructions. So, while lawyers are fighting over the legality and filing cases to get this through the court system [ years ] they go right on doing what they want.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

It's not a joking matter.
I understand you were making a joke and understood that even before I replied.

I was just challenging those reading to go further than the "let's fly em the bird", like it's going to accomplish anything besides bringing their [now angered] heavy boot down upon you (or those that do this because they think it means anything at all)

I am sorry that the fact that I find nothing to laugh about here cuts into your "joke" time. (well, no I'm not actually)
Sorry if I don't find anything funny about it....sorry if I am sick and gd tired of the police state slowly assimilating the masses while we all sit by and rant our indignation online and then go on about the day. Sorry if the fact that there isn't much one can do alone bothers me and sometimes pisses me off to the point that I often come here and rant about it because in the RW there isn't much I can do besides educate others and speak out....Sorry if watching innocent people die has f'n jaded me....Sorry if i am sick of it all!!

Can I say....ARRRRRRGGGGGHHH

*Ok....I feel a bit better now

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join