It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Senator: "My Home isn't Threatened By ISIS. My Home is Threatened by Police"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
If you follow the rapidly increasing brutality and mental instability of the current police state, then you will understand the video for what it is.

There isn't much more to be said than what's covered in the video. For the first time in a long time there is a politician I would be proud to shake hands with.

The truly sad outcome?

Other members are now apparently calling for his resignation. Looking for that info but it isn't surprising at all. Can't have someone upsetting the status quo. Imagine...a politician speaking the truth. Absurd.

Peace

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I just saw this on the news. He's getting slammed hard, but he has a point. Police have become more and more militarized and the "need to go home at night" mantra has become their excuse for some pretty brutal tactics.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This man must be destroyed...

He may open too many eyes...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I just saw this on the news. He's getting slammed hard, but he has a point. Police have become more and more militarized and the "need to go home at night" mantra has become their excuse for some pretty brutal tactics.

As long as the cop gets to go home all is well.

Jude11

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

RED ALARM!!!! RED ALARM!!!

The truth is dangerous i hope this man releases he just sunk his political career. i would vote for him, even if his motivations are race based something needs to be done about the police

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
See when a politico says something of this calibre...

They're not necessarily speaking of their own experiences... (Of course sometimes they are)...

However, it seems to me he is speaking for his constituents...
Basically doing the job he was elected to do.

Upmost respect for him, whether it's personal or not...

Many here have said it...

Now they have a representative saying the same thing.

That's Legend... Wait for it...

Dary!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
If you follow the rapidly increasing brutality and mental instability of the current police state, then you will understand the video for what it is.

There isn't much more to be said than what's covered in the video. For the first time in a long time there is a politician I would be proud to shake hands with.

The truly sad outcome?

Other members are now apparently calling for his resignation. Looking for that info but it isn't surprising at all. Can't have someone upsetting the status quo. Imagine...a politician speaking the truth. Absurd.

Peace

It's true though. He's saying the same thing African Americans have been saying since slavery ended (and obviously before that). I'm the same way. I'm not worried about North Korea, Russia, Ebola, or Nibiru. It's people here that are constantly trying to suppress my vote, keep fighting to stop my people from building mosques, and the justice system here that disproportionately hurts my people. Every time I'm driving & I see a police, I get nervous because I know he can kill me or my family at any time w/no repercussions.

Remember, Muhammad Ali refused to fight in the Vietnam War because, as he put it, "No Vietcong ever called me (insert the n-word)". Of course, he was stripped of his title, went to jail, and was publicly vilified for it. Check out from 1:22 to 1:50 on this video for more of his views on it (and remember, this was when Segregation was just being ended):

Youtube link in case the above doesn't work

It's the reason many African Americans don't care about the anthem, flag waving, or all of the 4th of July celebrations. And there are still people here who think my people were better off as slaves! Here's a really long speech by Frederick Douglass in 1852 about Independence Day:www.historyisaweapon.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
His home isn't threatened by ISIS, just his wallet.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Wait,
politicians are allowed to speak the truth?

That's it, I'm officially running for president.

If I'm elected I promise to release as much information as the hand up my ass lets me

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
State Senator: "My Home isn't Threatened By ISIS. My Home is Threatened by Police"

And there it is.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
When someone says something like this publicly.

The police should take them literally.

They should be put on a list and left alone.

Left entirely alone by the police.

Kind of a DNR (do not resuscitate type code attached to them) - Do Not Respond

If a call comes from their cell, their car, their home, their business - they have publicly said they want the police to leave them alone - and they should be left alone DNR

Using these statements severs their ties completely to the local police force,
and the police having a statement like this on public record,
must now leave them alone
because the person fears them too much
and they cause the person too much upset and fear
to go near them anymore.

The police should do all they can to make them feel better,
and leave them entirely alone and in peace without the police.

This should be official policy for all police nationwide
and a DNR directory be set up nationwide to help
people who so fear the police be left alone by the police.

edit on 8Sat, 28 Mar 2015 08:38:53 -0500am32803amk286 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw
Yep. I agree. If the cops are so bad then he should give ISIS a call if his home gets broken into. Pffft.

edit on 3/28/2015 by FlyersFan because: spacing

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

You ever find that list out there, give me a link.

I would absolutely love to opt out of the police state. So long as that goes both ways.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You ever find that list out there, give me a link.

I would absolutely love to opt out of the police state. So long as that goes both ways.

Please send me the link after you're finished.

Jude11

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I take it you are not a person of color in America, but you don't have to be to see the problem.

You obviously haven't seen what goes on in some places... the shootings are just the most extreme injustices. People in certain neighborhoods (and certain melanin concentrations) are assumed guilty and treated accordingly. They are stopped and frisked, demeaned and threatened for no reason other than their appearance and place they happen to be. They are targeted by law enforcement through 'soft racism.'

Of course everyone needs cops or it would be hellish... it's just that some people don't have the help of the police, they only see the oppressive side and live more in fear of the police than they do of the brutish neighborhood thugs.

Nobody is saying abolish the police, they're asking for equality under the law and a modicum of dignity and safety. Punishing police transgressors would be a good start.

eta: and the police transgressions can occur for certain lower economic classes of ANY race... it's truly out of control and one instance is too much, but it's grown to be rampant. White suburban folk rarely see this... doesn't mean it isn't happening in epidemic proportions, though... it is.

It would be nice if we had no police at all... for the folks that can handle themselves, anyway... for the rest, something is needed.. .just something better.

edit on 3/28/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
We seem to be moving toward a police state is what i gather from this thread and I tend to agree. I also agree that people assaulting police are asking for trouble and we should not blame them for doing their job without being killed. Bad laws have to be fought in the legal arena. Vigilante justice seekers need to rally we the people or the men in power get to legally declare an emergency. We might have to rally millions at some point to the cause of freedom. Lets hope violence isn't needed and cool heads win the day.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

where can i sign up?

i think you might be surprised how many people would do just what you suggest.

i can take care of me and my home. i don't need cops. honestly the only reason i have ever delt with them is because i didn't want to get in trouble for dealing with stuff my self.

i think if people knew they would have to deal with there actions immediately and very possibly have lethal consequences we would see a HUGE drop in crime(real crime, not drug or other MINOR infractions)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Sounds good if 2 things were added to your solution.

1. We are given back the power to defend ourselves.

2. The police have a restraining order to not be within shooting range of said person.
edit on 28-3-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If we opt out of the police,can we opt out of our tax money paying for them? I want my tax money to go to a school that has no shcool resource officer trying to train future confidential informants. My tax money can go to building better roads or even helping the needy. Not for people that choose to live a power trip and then whine that they took a dangerous job and now its everyone elses fault.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
When someone says something like this publicly.

The police should take them literally.

They should be put on a list and left alone.

Left entirely alone by the police.

Kind of a DNR (do not resuscitate type code attached to them) - Do Not Respond

If a call comes from their cell, their car, their home, their business - they have publicly said they want the police to leave them alone - and they should be left alone DNR

Using these statements severs their ties completely to the local police force,
and the police having a statement like this on public record,
must now leave them alone
because the person fears them too much
and they cause the person too much upset and fear
to go near them anymore.

The police should do all they can to make them feel better,
and leave them entirely alone and in peace without the police.

This should be official policy for all police nationwide
and a DNR directory be set up nationwide to help
people who so fear the police be left alone by the police.

So you're suggesting that in order to have police protection when we might really need it, we must subject ourselves to baseless raids, violence and shootings from the very thugs we might in the future need to call to 'protect' us. Got it! Extreme narrow minded thinking is just the ticket here. Don't deal with the problems, just build a wall and lock the potential victims out. I only hope their taxes are adjusted accordingly so they don't pay for services they won't be receiving.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join