It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you stop the terrorists, what would you do?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn

Originally posted by k20adc5r
I have a simple question for you. Why don't the family members of those killed accidentaly in Vietnam, Korea, Europe, etc. blow themselves up and committ other acts of terrorism? By your logic this should be happening on a massive scale today. Explain that please.

Some Arab countries (including Iraq) have been under economic sanctions for a very long time and this affect the way these people are able to conduct everyday life, couple this with continuing oil and resource theft (through international peaceful methods) for supposed world stability and one can see how these people can retain such anger for quite some time.

The reason the terrorist attacks were not present during and after wars like Vietnam and Korea was because:

The Vietnamese people actually won their war for independence, first against the French and then the Americans. (This meant no US troops or bases were officially in Vietnam directly after the war)
Korean War ended in stalemate. (So again no US troops or bases were in North Korea)
The Vietnamese (as well as the Koreans) were being supported by Russia and China so they did not feel the full pressure of continual economic heartache during or initially after wartime.
The Vietnamese did not have countries continually stealing their resources, seeing as they didnt have much. (Apart from opium, but you can always grow more of that)

You also have to couple this with that there were probably not many rich influential people in Vietnam and Korean that also held a grudge against the west (as I said the Americans couldnt really steal anything from them).
[edit on 20-12-2004 by Johnny Redburn]

What about Japan then we nuked them they have lots of money and we still have bases over there. Yet they dont come to the US and blow themselves up. Or what about the Native americans we did far worst things to them stole their land yet they dont fly planes into buildings.

Also we buy oil just like the rest of the world from the middle east we dont steal it how do you think these shieks become rich and influential people, and about sanctions thats the work of the UN dont try to pin it off as work of only the US.

[edit on 21-12-2004 by ShadowXIX]

[edit on 21-12-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsider
While your at it lets dismantle other useless government like the redneck ATF & the commie IRS and make them do something productive that's for the people.

I am a Libertarian so actually I would dismantle THOSE departments too. Most have read my posts so I did not think I needed to list ALL the parts I would get rid of. The IRS,DEA,ATF would just be the start

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm sure you would be rewarded many virgins Amuk & you wouldn't even have to wait for the afterlife

[edit on 21-12-2004 by outsider]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsider
I'm sure you would be rewarded many virgins Amuk & you wouldn't even have to wait for the afterlife

Who wants a bunch of virgins? Give me a dirty girl any day

dh

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Simple yet so difficult
You simply stop voluntary servitude (Etienne de la Boetie)
You stop giving away your identity to any statist or corporate organisation
You stop paying taxes, registering, obeying, recognising elitist groups, military and policing structures
You consider that the reverse is true of the messages you're getting from the main media, that anything coming from there is a tissue of lies
You form cooperative groups with those in your neighbourhood and community and assess your personal and group needs
You take what you need from what's available and what seems most beneficial to both personal and group health and growth and sustainable means of production without purchase - it's the fruit of the earth and is yours by right
You link up with other groups acting the same way and form loose linked communities exchanging goods, services and production according to perceived need
You may need to form militias in the meantime to fight off the attacks from the oligarchical-maintained forces whose interest at this present time is to force and manipulate power into fewer and fewer hands at the expense of the many
Your essential goal is to disband governments, armies, police forces, manipulative intelligence agencies, corporations, all the corruption and manipulation of imagery, that has so many of the sexually suppressed, dumb-assed worshipers of violence and authority and stardom in its thrall
You want to get at all those trillionaires who want to patent the very being of the world while enslaving and diminishing the wider population
Everything else is about accepting the structured fantasies you are being fed,terrorism especially, which only makes a dummy out of you for falling into the game
You need to break free, at least mentally, for time is very very tight

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think there are quite a few misconceptions here regarding terrorism. Some of you suggest they attack us for revenge in line with the blame us, not them mentality but you ignore the fact that Muslim terrorist are attacking and killing many people in places that don't have troops in the mid east or support Israel. Thailand, Malaysia and Sudan. The Islamist in those countries wish to take control and set up theocratic governments under Sharia law. Many like Osama want to bring back an Islamic empire. The revenge idea just does not hold water.Some say it is because of the poverty of the region but there are much poorer places where you don't see these barbaric acts of terrorism. The plain and simple fact is that this generation of young Muslim men and been subjected to some of the most intense political socialization ever seen. From the time they can walk they hear the same messages over and over.....in their schools, their mosque, their childrens show and from the family and friends. Jews are evil, Americans cause our problems...not our dictatorial leaders and their inefficient command economies. When you are exposed to the same messages of hate from these unified agents of political socialization you believe their propaganda. The only way you can start to change this is by promoting free countries with free markets.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
As far as I understand the situation, there is alot going on behind the scenes which as a people, we will not ever know about.

As far as killing these so called muslims or fanatics, that just makes us as bad as them. Best not to waste time or energy on folks like those!

The war on terrrorisim wont ever stop, it will just be called another name, civil war, cold war, Iraq war, Korean war, vietnam war and the rest.

Pitiful.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by yekway
As far as killing these so called muslims or fanatics, that just makes us as bad as them. Best not to waste time or energy on folks like those!

So let me see if I understand your post. Are you saying no matter what we should not fight back?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Fight back,

yes. Otherwise you will get killed.

Fight the same way as the fanatics do,

no.

I think the question you want answerd Amuk, is how does one go about this?

Well, we are speaking on this thread as a people, so Im sure some smartass has the answer, as for me I say

The true war is intelligence agasint ignorance,

So is it the terrorists that are the problem?

Or is it us?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yekway
Fight back,

yes. Otherwise you will get killed.

Fight the same way as the fanatics do,

no.

Thanks I just wanted that clarified from your post you seem to be saying not to fight back, I think we are close to being on the same page here. If we stop interfering in the regions "tribal warfare" and just let them go at each other then we have cut the soapbox out from under them, if need be we could we can always retaliate on any party that tries to attack us. We can buy the oil from the winner. The money we save by not "protecting" Europe (Just who the hell are we protecting them from?) and Japan (they managed to kick some major ass just a few years ago) and South Korea, could be plowed into Intelligence and finding ways to free us from Oil.

The one thing I am positive of is the way we are doing it now is NOT working, Militarily wise we could beat the entire region INCLUDING Israel but it would be costly and we still would have the hatred. Remove the excuse for the hatred and we atill have the power to wipe them out IF they dont come around

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again....as long as free will exists, so will people who try to harm others. In the true sense of the definition, the US is a terrorist, and it exists not only outside of the borders, but inside as well. Terrorism and terrorists will never go away. We can't drop the Label whenever it deems to be appropriate, if we call one a terrorist then we must call all.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
I've said it before and I'll say it again....as long as free will exists, so will people who try to harm others. In the true sense of the definition, the US is a terrorist, and it exists not only outside of the borders, but inside as well. Terrorism and terrorists will never go away. We can't drop the Label whenever it deems to be appropriate, if we call one a terrorist then we must call all.

You say that as long as there is free will there will always be terrorists.
So from that aspect what would be a solution? Planting chips into peoples brains(Like the movie The Manchirian Canidate). If you planted a chip into every persons brain when they were born, that way you could tell them, Be a good citicen, Pay your Taxes, Fight X War. When you take away free will we stop being humans.

dh

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK

You say that as long as there is free will there will always be terrorists.
So from that aspect what would be a solution? Planting chips into peoples brains(Like the movie The Manchirian Canidate). If you planted a chip into every persons brain when they were born, that way you could tell them, Be a good citicen, Pay your Taxes, Fight X War. When you take away free will we stop being humans.

This is an utter bs argument
The chipped ID card is the stepping stone to the subdermal chip
This is a global aim
And then there will be no terrorists
The GPS and cell tower two-way communication system takes care of that

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join