It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you stop the terrorists, what would you do?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn
Stop terrorism hey, well I�d probably go to the source and dismantle/destroy the governments of the US and UK and punish it's members to the full extent of international law

Although that would be quite a temporary solution, there are always more unintelligent warmongers willing to take their place.

The source of terrorism is revenge, therefore not giving these 'terrorists' a purpose for revenge would stop extreme acts of vengeance to some extent, the problem is that revenge can last a lifetime.

Say the US military (under the Bush government) accidentally drops a stray bomb in a combat mission and it lands on a civilian house. Let�s say someone managed to survive in the house but lost his family. This civilian would no doubt hold a grudge against whoever dropped that bomb, and could hold onto his thirst for revenge his entire life. Eventually he could strike back at the perpetrating country many decades onwards, (which could be under the rule of a different administration by then). This new administration would probably address the issue by saying "THIS TERRORIST ATTACKED FOR NO REASON!", Which would of course not be true.

If countries like the US and UK stopped things in other countries like:

Uninvited incursions.
Small/large scale military operations.
Placement of military facilities and bases.
Placement of unnecessary sanctions and political pressure.
Theft of resources.

Then these oppressed people would have no reason to lash out and do things like 9/11 and other so called 'terrorist' attacks.

Simply attacking such people will only make them more resilient and defiant.

[edit on 19-12-2004 by Johnny Redburn]

I have a simple question for you. Why don't the family members of those killed accidentaly in Vietnam, Korea, Europe, etc. blow themselves up and committ other acts of terrorism? By your logic this should be happening on a massive scale today. Explain that please.
I just don't get how somebody can justify cutting somebody's head off, blowing yourself and a car up in the middle of a #ing marketplace filled with the very same innocents we ACCIDENTALLY kill during COMBAT. Please explain it. And also explain how being a pacifist and pulling out of the region would do anything to quell such violence. As if these terrorists can listen to reason. They don't want peace, they want a brutal dictatorship, or some form of Wahhabism.

By the way, in terms of "theft of resources." Are we stealing Iraqi Oil and bringing it to the US?? I dont' think so. We, the US, are the Second largest Oil producing country in the world (behind the Saudi's), followed by Russia. We produce 8.84 BILLION barrells of oil a year. We are also probably going to start drilling in ANWAR soon, so WHY would we spend hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars to go steal oil we could have bought. Where is the logic of this?

I don't know I could be 100% wrong here, and the USA could just be a breed of blood thirsty imperialist people who just have a penchant for murdering people, and putting our neck out on the line all the time in order to steal oil. Maybe we just HATE MUSLIMS, and just can't stand the thought of these people living free and wonderful lives. We all know how great life is under a dictator.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
How do you stop terrorists? You start rebuilding, produce jobs, get infrastructure up to par, hold elections. Take away the reasons terrorists give for killing innocents. In the Isreal/Palestinian conflict (or whatever it is called these days) you have Hammas and the other terrorist organizations that provide health care, food, etc to the palestinians and then call on them for support after attacks take place. It is kind of like the mob 'calling for a favor' after giving you a loan.

For years we have been entertained by movies where Gov. Arnold (my governor by the way) was fighting some stereotypical Islamic terrorist. There are so many movies out there where it was the USA vs terrorists, and they all were Islamists. So we are inherently ready to fight this war. In the same sense, the middle east has been bombarded into thinking the USA is a the great satan and wants to destroy their way of life. We support Isreal, so in the middle easterner's eyes this reinforces the great satan view. They see our country's success, and are jealous. They are a macho, pride oriented society, who don't like being the white trash of the world (if I can be so blunt).

And even though this is not our fault, we need to try and make this situation right in one way or another. Help build their economy, help educate them, and help them to join the global community in a way that gives them pride and honor, meaning besides oil production. There are so many fundamental reasons terrorism exists, and many of the stated reasons are just excuses for underlying pride issues. The mine is bigger than yours thing I guess.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by k20adc5r
I have a simple question for you. Why don't the family members of those killed accidentaly in Vietnam, Korea, Europe, etc. blow themselves up and committ other acts of terrorism? By your logic this should be happening on a massive scale today. Explain that please.

Some Arab countries (including Iraq) have been under economic sanctions for a very long time and this affect the way these people are able to conduct everyday life, couple this with continuing oil and resource theft (through international peaceful methods) for supposed world stability and one can see how these people can retain such anger for quite some time.

The reason the terrorist attacks were not present during and after wars like Vietnam and Korea was because:

The Vietnamese people actually won their war for independence, first against the French and then the Americans. (This meant no US troops or bases were officially in Vietnam directly after the war)
Korean War ended in stalemate. (So again no US troops or bases were in North Korea)
The Vietnamese (as well as the Koreans) were being supported by Russia and China so they did not feel the full pressure of continual economic heartache during or initially after wartime.
The Vietnamese did not have countries continually stealing their resources, seeing as they didn�t have much. (Apart from opium, but you can always grow more of that)

You also have to couple this with that there were probably not many rich influential people in Vietnam and Korean that also held a grudge against the west (as I said the Americans couldn�t really steal anything from them). We all know that you need money to start a 'terrorist' cell, you cannot simply rely on your Kalashnikov. This would mean that the average civilian that wanted revenge on the west really had no way of joining an organization to strike back.

I just don't get how somebody can justify cutting somebody's head off, blowing yourself and a car up in the middle of a #ing marketplace filled with the very same innocents we ACCIDENTALLY kill during COMBAT. Please explain it.

I do not believe the Iraqi people see the killing of innocent civilians that way, for the war in itself is very deliberate, therefore any negative affect coming from the occupiers onto the host countries population would most likely not be seen as an accident.

As for car bombings in public populated places I do not believe that the mainstream Iraqi resistance is perpetrating such acts rather that it is the smaller more extreme groups trying to inflict as many causalities as possible in Iraq. They would be doing this because they know that any death within the country during a time of occupation will be automatically blamed on the occupiers, which is what�s happening.

And also explain how being a pacifist and pulling out of the region would do anything to quell such violence. As if these terrorists can listen to reason. They don't want peace, they want a brutal dictatorship, or some form of Wahhabism.

This is speculation seeing as you label anyone resisting as a 'terrorist', you also generalize that this group of 'terrorists' do not want to live peacefully. Simply because these Iraqi people might not want an American style democracy does not mean that they cannot find a different form of government in which to live under peacefully.

By the way, in terms of "theft of resources." Are we stealing Iraqi Oil and bringing it to the US?? I dont' think so. We, the US, are the Second largest Oil producing country in the world (behind the Saudi's), followed by Russia. We produce 8.84 BILLION barrells of oil a year. We are also probably going to start drilling in ANWAR soon, so WHY would we spend hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars to go steal oil we could have bought. Where is the logic of this?

Iraq has the second largest oil reserves in the world behind Saudi Arabia, so please research before you post. (note: these are proved oil sources)

Worlds largest oil reserves

Shipping the oil to the US directly would be silly and blatantly obvious, however seeing as American troops have secured all the oil facilities in Iraq and workers are pumping it out like no tomorrow I would suggest it is reaching US shores eventually even if it has to go through intermediaries.

however to secure such reserves for future use and profit at extreme low prices would be more to the US liking.

I don't know I could be 100% wrong here, and the USA could just be a breed of blood thirsty imperialist people who just have a penchant for murdering people, and putting our neck out on the line all the time in order to steal oil. Maybe we just HATE MUSLIMS, and just can't stand the thought of these people living free and wonderful lives. We all know how great life is under a dictator.

Well a recent poll showed that 44% of your country wanted to restrict the rights and civil liberties of Muslim-American people within the USA, so a large part of your country is presumably racist towards Muslims in some respect.

CBC News

As for a dictatorship? well you should ask your president about that, he seems to be filling those shoes quite nicely.

Have a happy and productive day.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by Johnny Redburn]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I do not believe the Iraqi people see the killing of innocent civilians that way, for the war in itself is very deliberate, therefore any negative affect coming from the occupiers onto the host countries population would most likely not be seen as an accident.

resisting as a 'terrorist', you also generalize that this group of 'terrorists' do not want to live peacefully. Simply because these Iraqi people might not want an American style democracy does not mean that they cannot find a different form of government in which to live under peacefully. [edit on 20-12-2004 by Johnny Redburn]

Well which Iraqi people are you talking about? the Sunni or Shiite You see the Shiite are very much against this whole insurgency. While the Sunni population is supporting it because they are going to loose the power they had under Saddam. www.msnbc.msn.com...

Iraq has the second largest oil reserves in the world behind Saudi Arabia, so please research before you post. (note: these are proved oil sources)
[edit on 20-12-2004 by Johnny Redburn]

RESERVES vs PRODUCTION there is a difference. One is oil that can be used, the other is underground and needs manpower and technology to extract.

Let me be as forthcoming as possible here. My brother-in-law is in Iraq, and it is my first priority to see his ass come home as soon as possible and in one piece (Alive mind you). But at the same time I see a real possibility for something really positive to happen in Iraq, and I see a government (i.e; USA) floundering in their attempts to succeed. If Iraq is thriving as a democracy, then a message would reverberate throughout the Arab world, and people would be begging for freedom from their oppressive governments. This would be the biggest victory ever in the War on Terrorism, but unfortunately we are screwing it up big time.

On another note, if a country invaded the US today saying they wanted to save me from the terrible tyrant G.W. Bush, well I would be among the millions of young men fighting them. But I feel like our country doesn't need saving, and Iraq does. Saddam was a terrible man, and his sons were no better. Don't forget he invaded Kuwait, and fought a war with Iran costing millions of lives. He also happened to kill hundreds of thousands of Iraqis for no reason, and used brutal effeciency to eliminate any political opponents. The people in the insurgency stand to loose alot if we are successful in getting a democratic Iraq on it's way to being stable. Because stability will bring an economy, and investment. The ones left behind in all this, or so they think, are the Sunnis and former Bathists. The USA needs to do a better job letting the Sunnis know they too can have a successful life in a future Iraq.

Sorry if I keep rambling, but I have a lot of ideas and trying to put them in two paragraphs is difficult.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I know this sounds extreme but I think we should
start kidnapping these guys and videotape cutting there
heads off. I think as well that they should send a well
prepared team into Iraq that dresses in the local garb
and can fluently speak arabic and do the same there
off with there heads I say!!!

Then what would be the difference between you and them? What kind of reaction do you honestly think this could bring? Would it end or provoke more violence?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   

And even though this is not our fault, we need to try and make this situation right in one way or another.

You what?!?

Not your fault? Muslim extremism directed at the USA is almost solely the fault of the USA.

Playing geo-politics with small countries in the name of large ideals is what got you where you are.

You trained and supplied Bin Laden to begin with, in the process helping Afghanistan to become what it was.

You walked into Beiruit and took an Iowa class with you. 16inch guns versus AKs. The end result was a bunch of dead Marines and a load of angry Muslims.

You supplied Saddam because he was fighting against the Ayatollah, helping him cause the deaths of thousands of his own people. Then you fought against him and killed tens of thousands more Iraqis and then you pushed sanctions on him that killed tens of thousands more, while still allowing him personally to live the good life and make billions.

You've consistently backed Israel no matter what its done. Allowing them to steal Palestinian land, first in '67. Then you failed to censure them over the construction of the barrier fence after the Oslo agreements. The sole outcome has been to anger an already dis-enfranchised group.

Hunger breeds communism, anger breeds terrorism.

You want to defeat terrorism, try re-thinking your own foreign policy.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   

If the US is so secure in its oil supplies why did it fail to condemn a coup attempt in Venezuela that tried to topple that country's democratically elected President?

It's these sorts of foreign policy blunders that lead Castro to where he is and that has driven other nations to his support.

Castro only went to Russia because Ike spurned him. Castro was enough of a realist to know who the big man in his neighbourhood was and that he would be a good friend to have, or at the very least a good non-friend but non-enemy to have. Ike listened to US business interests and made Castro a pariah, if he had've accepted Castro the US would be Cuba's biggest trading partner.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

And even though this is not our fault, we need to try and make this situation right in one way or another.

You what?!?

Not your fault? Muslim extremism directed at the USA is almost solely the fault of the USA.

Playing geo-politics with small countries in the name of large ideals is what got you where you are.

You trained and supplied Bin Laden to begin with, in the process helping Afghanistan to become what it was.

You walked into Beiruit and took an Iowa class with you. 16inch guns versus AKs. The end result was a bunch of dead Marines and a load of angry Muslims.

You supplied Saddam because he was fighting against the Ayatollah, helping him cause the deaths of thousands of his own people. Then you fought against him and killed tens of thousands more Iraqis and then you pushed sanctions on him that killed tens of thousands more, while still allowing him personally to live the good life and make billions.

You've consistently backed Israel no matter what its done. Allowing them to steal Palestinian land, first in '67. Then you failed to censure them over the construction of the barrier fence after the Oslo agreements. The sole outcome has been to anger an already dis-enfranchised group.

Hunger breeds communism, anger breeds terrorism.

You want to defeat terrorism, try re-thinking your own foreign policy.

If you read the context of my above quoted statement, I am saying it is not our fault that these middle eastern countries, which have existed much longer than the United States, can't get their sh*t together and build their economies and societies to decent standards. Honestly, I wish my country were isolationist, and removed all forces from other countries, and withdrew all economic aid from EVERY country. Let everyone fend for themselves. I know my country will do just fine without outside help. I wish we would switch to a hydrogen economy and leave the middle east as it is today, let it slip quickly back to the stone age. But then all of you would probably complain about that too. Being the lone superpower in the world is a lonely place. But I think we can live with this horrible burden.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Israel can kiss my ass. They do just as little to end the conflict as the stupid homocide bombers do. They are lunatics, fundamentalists, just as much as any jihadists is. They only have US weapons to do their bidding. I see where much of the hatred comes from, I am not blind. But I also don't believe the US should bow down to terrorists/insurgents just because they are mad. It would only show weakness, and give a boost to their pride. This would be a grave mistake. The middle east USED to be the center of education and development, till the west overtook them and then RAN past them. Our development has far surpassed their greatest dreams, and this has hurt their egos. THey have nothing to show for it except the money from oil, which stays with the Royal families, and dictators running the hell holes of the middle east. "END RANT"

[edit on 21-12-2004 by k20adc5r]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
First you have to cripple, destroy or jail those immediately creating the terror. Then you have to figure out what the root cause was & make enough changes to stop the cycle.

Everyone wants to blame U.S. Citizens for terrorism as if we have anything to do with it. We don't support Israel either - it just so happens they have more influence over our government then we do. So, get off your high horses quit blaming us and put the blame squarely where it belongs.

It's the greedy multinational bankers & multinational corporations owned by them and all the greedy governments of those nations that spawn most of the world�s terrorists. It's all about greed, greed & more greed. I have nothing to do with people living in squalor in any country on the Earth - quit blaming me. It's people that have, so much money that laws don't mean anything unless they fall out of favor with their peers. Nobody in that class of greed even reads this board let alone posts here. I don't know why there's so many dumb liberals who ignore the real greedy evil folks running around on this planet and blame those of us who are living only a disaster or two away from poverty. The greedy are not the ones who make 50k annually and drive a SUV or a 100k a year or even a few million a year (with the exception of the Ken Lay's who make it at the expense of workers) - the greedy are the ones who control 100's of millions or billions of dollars and make slaves out of many nations.

I have nothing against the so-called terrorist who creates terror against greedy governments overly influenced by greedy people behind the scenes. Governments and soldiers fighting for governments are the correct targets. When you make terror against citizens than even I will turn my head away from any cause you're fighting for and if you're making terror because I don't follow your religious doctrine - then you have no one to support you but yourselves.

If were a terrorist and I wanted to fight the greedy I would identify as many of those folks as possible & then I would disseminate the information on them throughout the planet. Then hit them where it hurts the most - systematically go after whatever corporations they own or banks they own and try to get people to pull their money out of their banks all at once or quit buying their products. Problem is they own most of the media and they�re the ones getting liberals to look in the wrong places & blame the wrong people. They also are the ones who get the terrorist to blame the wrong people & blow up the wrong people. They too are the ones influencing folks to create the laws like the patriot act, so that folks who figure out who the real criminals are and threaten to expose them can be made into instant terrorists to stop that information from spreading. If you don't identify the real criminals they will continue making the little "created criminals,� the focus and the games will continue.

They want you to believe the doped up bank robber is the bad guy, that's why you see their pictures on the news every night, but the truth is the bank that's robbing all of you of your time & effort is the master criminal or the true evil ones. As long as they have you looking at your neighbors nicer car than yours thinking he must be a drug dealer getting one over on you, the terrorist, bank robbers, rapist, molesters, or the anti-government guy who doesn't pay his taxes etc. yep as long as they have your attention elsewhere they will continue with the noose around your neck & their hand in your pocket.

Unless you stop the fighting amongst ourselves we will never be able to unite and fight against the real criminals.

BTW - I don't buy into the Iraqi people fighting against American democracy. It's nothing to do with democracy & nothing to do with the Iraqi people. It's a power struggle between the Greedy & Iraq is just the begining of that power struggle. Quit blaming me and my brothers who's job it is to go over there & fight. Liberals quit blaming SUV owners, your landlord who's one lawsuit away from the poorhouse, & successful wealthy businessman and meat eaters for terrorism.

[edit on 21-12-2004 by outsider]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Terroism has existed long befor 9/11.....Yet many americans seem to believe that it was created when the planes hit the towers. Terroism was much worse in the 60's and 70's as there was many more terroist groups set up around europe, mainly in greece and italy. Now terroism is the greatest enemy of human kind....This is aload of BS. Terroism exists because as stated above, vengence and because of social systems not working. Yet now through the disinformation of american media, terroists are locked up in a view that they all were turbans. If americans we're treated the way middle easterners are, they will become "terroists" also....Yet americans would see themselves as freedom fighters of course...because they belive that democracy is freedom. Democracy does not work in ever country and culture....this is what america seems to forget. Now if china was invading countries in the middle east saying that they are bringing communism to the people. This would be view as evil spreading to the average american. Well let me tell u democracy is not the perfect government, and the spreading of democracy is not a step in the betterment of society. Hate to break it to you americans, but you are not always right. Democracy is a scam....they should be saying that they are brining the iraqi people into capatalism....the aim of the war mongers is to be able to place a nice big McDonalds in the center of Mecca. Not to give people "freedom". Freedom is given when a person is born, not when he lives in a democracy. So in conslusion the way to end terroism, is to stop giving a reason for there to be terroism. As to say this, if america changes its foreign policies in the middle east, another president will just bring other policies to gain more money in say south america.....then the new terroist image will be one that is wearing a mexican hat.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I dont think that we can ever stop terrorism. The war on terrorism will go on as the war on drugs will, its a war we cant win, and a war that we will pour money into until we are bankrupt.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
well it is harsh but i would get 2 teams of the best freelance assasians and have a long list of terroists and get them one by one . oneway or another and make a examlpe of what would happen and i bet they would not do a thing.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngage
well it is harsh but i would get 2 teams of the best freelance assasians and have a long list of terroists and get them one by one . oneway or another and make a examlpe of what would happen and i bet they would not do a thing.

Hmm that might actually work, i mean come on thats gona be insane.
Place a bounty on each of thier heads and invite PMC's and Freelancers and mercs into a meeting give them the list, america britain has the money. Lets put our tax payers money to use.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
In order to stop terrorists, you must make them happy without actually asceding to their demands. Thus, I recommending giving each terrorist a kitten. Because it's really hard to be a cold-blooded killer and keep a kitten at the same time.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

like the idea about haveing people inflitrate the terriosts and kill thier leader, ala Team America, but the CIA is not aloud to kill people, doesnt mean that they dont, they are just not aloud to.

Durka Durka! Mohommed Jihad!
(inside joke for those who saw the movie)

Actually, the CIA isn't allowed to kill heads of state (by Executive Order following the disastrous Castro assassination attempts). This doesn't apply to heads of terrorist groups and such assassinations would be perfectly legal in essence.

Here's a possible solution, though not a very PC one. Anytime a group is found to have committed a certain attack (or takes credit for it), you simply drop a low yield, low radiation tactical nuke on one of their training camps, no matter what nation it's in. Eventually, they'll get the picture, and harboring nations will be a bit more reluctant to host them.

My favorite solution is to simply start mass introducing alternative energy sources to start cutting down on the need for middle east oil, and basically bankrupt their financing base, but hey, that's just me.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wang
Terroism has existed long befor 9/11.....Yet many americans seem to believe that it was created when the planes hit the towers. Terroism was much worse in the 60's and 70's as there was many more terroist groups set up around europe, mainly in greece and italy. Now terroism is the greatest enemy of human kind....This is aload of BS. Terroism exists because as stated above, vengence and because of social systems not working. Yet now through the disinformation of american media, terroists are locked up in a view that they all were turbans. If americans we're treated the way middle easterners are, they will become "terroists" also....Yet americans would see themselves as freedom fighters of course...because they belive that democracy is freedom. Democracy does not work in ever country and culture....this is what america seems to forget. Now if china was invading countries in the middle east saying that they are bringing communism to the people. This would be view as evil spreading to the average american. Well let me tell u democracy is not the perfect government, and the spreading of democracy is not a step in the betterment of society. Hate to break it to you americans, but you are not always right. Democracy is a scam....they should be saying that they are brining the iraqi people into capatalism....the aim of the war mongers is to be able to place a nice big McDonalds in the center of Mecca. Not to give people "freedom". Freedom is given when a person is born, not when he lives in a democracy. So in conslusion the way to end terroism, is to stop giving a reason for there to be terroism. As to say this, if america changes its foreign policies in the middle east, another president will just bring other policies to gain more money in say south america.....then the new terroist image will be one that is wearing a mexican hat.

We have records of Marines fighting terrorism in the 1800's, and it probably dates back farther but I haven't personally researched it so I can't honestly say any farther back than early 1800s. We went across the globe to take out pirates who, instead of robbing like normal, burned and destroyed passenger ships. Terrorism is definitely not a new thing, but is something that has been forgotten. It isn't going to be defeated either, no matter what anyone says. As long as someone is willing to fight for what they believe in, there will be fanatics who take that virtue to the extreme and turn it into evil. All we can do is stand guard agaist it and raise our children right. Anything else is only encouraging it. Anything more than defense can be considered provocation by outsiders, and shouldn't be considered action against terrorists. Retaliation perhaps, but not productive. Remove one snake and five more will sprout from its body. That's what we've run into now.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Two options:

1. Make it so painful to be a terrorist you stop being one ala "Swordfish". They take out a bus, we hunt them down and take out their whole extended family, etc.... Messy, but it puts in a deterrent for anyone thinking about doing it.

2. Go so protectionist and pull out so that they have no claims to make anymore. By this I mean US would pull out of every country we are in (that does not like us) and we lock down any trade or travel to/from those areas with all of our "friends" doing the same. Kick out all of the kiddies in school here and in our friends countries and ship them home. You could basically cook up a doctrine that says we and our friends will not trade or do business with any country harboring terrorists or that have a state sponsored religion. They must have sep of church and state as a formal rule of law. Any country continuing to support those bad countries are given similar trade restrictions. You support them, we will not buy your stuff. Simple, easy and effective.

It would get so bad that people would have to rebel against their leadership and the terrorists because US and allies represent about 50% or more of the world market. Trade dries up, economies suffer and we just sit back and say I told you so - you bitch when we are there, you bitch when we are not. Which do you want and by the way if we open up trade, any hostile activity would be met with going back to the old way in a 3 strikes you are out scenario. Do it once, a slap, twice a bigger slap, three times and you can't control your people and we say goodbye again.

Both have problems but it's all about deterrent - the effects of being a terrorist have to be so horrible that people will stop supporting it and just get on living....

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I would start by withdrawing EVERY soldier we have on foreign soil, we are not the worlds police force nor there babysitter, let them fend for them selves. We can buy the oil from the winner. This removes EVERY stated reason for the terrorists. Let the United Nations do what it claims it wants to. Israel, The Sudan, Iraq, Iran, Korea, etc can all take care of there on problems

Second I would let it be known that ANY attack will be met by MASSIVE retaliation, no matter where it came from. This would include everything from assassination's up to nukes depending on the situation.

Third I would dismantle departments like the DEA and place all the extra money saved from not protecting a bunch of people who would not spit on us if we were on fire and not jailing people who smoke pot and put into border patrol, you are welcome here but use the front door, and wipe your feet

Forth I would iinvest in a large spy ring for the world to help keep track of who we should wipe out if attacked. We would be a wonderful trading partner if left alone and the enemy from hell if messed with

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Terrorisim is a genetic defect in the muslim world. Too much inbreeding with the French. As soon as we locate the "Coward" gene it will be over.

I don't understand how you can call them cowards. You obviously don't have a clue how much determination it would take to overcome your basic will to survive, and knowingly kill yourself for something you really believe in. IMO, that takes a hell of alot of courage, really. Go ahead...take a razor blade and try slicing your arm once (I'll bet you can't even make more than a scratch), then tell me how easy it would be to off yourself. Humans have a built in will to live. It's automatic, and definitely not easy to go against, IMO. Those who do are usually very depressed and/or mentally ill, or they were going to die anyway.

[edit on 21-12-2004 by Damned]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

My favorite solution is to simply start mass introducing alternative energy sources to start cutting down on the need for middle east oil, and basically bankrupt their financing base, but hey, that's just me.

Yep, that's the best solution of all. Problem with that is our government is so addicted to the tax revenue from the oil they have to setup enough use taxes to fulfill their need for greed.

Originally posted by UofCinLA

Go so protectionist and pull out so that they have no claims to make anymore. By this I mean US would pull out of every country we are in (that does not like us) and we lock down any trade or travel to/from those areas with all of our "friends" doing the same. Kick out all of the kiddies in school here and in our friends countries and ship them home.

That might work too, but then we'd have the liberals whining about us not feeding & supporting third world countries. So, instead of paying the greedy wealthy families for the oil we'd just pay to feed the poor that they ignore. We would be called brutal for kicking Bin Laden's cousins out of our schools - how can their countries become civilized without a Western education.

Originally posted by Amuk

Third I would dismantle departments like the DEA and place all the extra money saved from not protecting a bunch of people who would not spit on us if we were on fire and not jailing people who smoke pot and put into border patrol, you are welcome here but use the front door, and wipe your feet

While your at it lets dismantle other useless government like the redneck ATF & the commie IRS and make them do something productive that's for the people.

[edit on 21-12-2004 by outsider]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join