It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you stop the terrorists, what would you do?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Link here

OK here we go, now they have said they they are going to attack the oil facilities in the mideast. Do what would you do to stop them?

I dont know what to do to try to stop them. MAbye beef up sercurity, or have patrols, its tough.

Edit: shortened link.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hold Mecca hostage and blow it the # up.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This is why we have a very capable dic...president for....to take care of these things while we sleep nice and snug.

Nothing you or I can do. Some are imagined while some are real..Let the big brass take care of these pesky terrorists.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I dont know about you, but i am just not comfortable with W making these things happen, but he might go for the Attack Mecca and bomb it til it is just dust.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
sure you can stop them dood thats the easy part!

here we go this is how you can stop them

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
.................................nice.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Set up a perimeter get some apaches abrams a few beers machine guns grenade launchers the whole nine yards and wait for those terrorists to come and say hello

[edit on 19-12-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Stop terrorism hey, well I�d probably go to the source and dismantle/destroy the governments of the US and UK and punish it's members to the full extent of international law

Although that would be quite a temporary solution, there are always more unintelligent warmongers willing to take their place.

The source of terrorism is revenge, therefore not giving these 'terrorists' a purpose for revenge would stop extreme acts of vengeance to some extent, the problem is that revenge can last a lifetime.

Say the US military (under the Bush government) accidentally drops a stray bomb in a combat mission and it lands on a civilian house. Let�s say someone managed to survive in the house but lost his family. This civilian would no doubt hold a grudge against whoever dropped that bomb, and could hold onto his thirst for revenge his entire life. Eventually he could strike back at the perpetrating country many decades onwards, (which could be under the rule of a different administration by then). This new administration would probably address the issue by saying "THIS TERRORIST ATTACKED FOR NO REASON!", Which would of course not be true.

If countries like the US and UK stopped things in other countries like:

Uninvited incursions.
Small/large scale military operations.
Placement of military facilities and bases.
Placement of unnecessary sanctions and political pressure.
Theft of resources.

Then these oppressed people would have no reason to lash out and do things like 9/11 and other so called 'terrorist' attacks.

Simply attacking such people will only make them more resilient and defiant.

[edit on 19-12-2004 by Johnny Redburn]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
cost cost cost, do you have any idea how many oil fields there are? The cost would be insane, plus where would we get the troups, we are already over streched, i dont know if we can defens this at all!

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
send one man to each terrorist leader, take them all out one at a time, then start taking out all their followers, one at a time.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
In general, here is how I would stop our terrorist problems.

I would have never went to Afgan or Iraq in the first place. Our coastline and borders would be beefed up in security 10 fold, and a statement would be made that if any nation attemped to attack us would be vaporized. And any terrorist group who attempted to attack us, the nation of origin would be vaporized.

Might give some nations some incentive to clean things up...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
In general, here is how I would stop our terrorist problems.

I would have never went to Afgan or Iraq in the first place. Our coastline and borders would be beefed up in security 10 fold, and a statement would be made that if any nation attemped to attack us would be vaporized. And any terrorist group who attempted to attack us, the nation of origin would be vaporized.

Might give some nations some incentive to clean things up...

You complain about loss of freedom under the current Administration, but would have "beefed up in security 10 fold?" And then you complain of the dictatorship, but yet would make a statement that you would vaporize any nation who attemped an attack, either by military or terrorist?

Then some Saudis attack. You advocate nuking Saudi Arabia because that was their nation of origin?

BTW: Personally I don't advocate the hide in our houses and wait for them to attack method.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Terrorisim is a genetic defect in the muslim world. Too much inbreeding with the French. As soon as we locate the "Coward" gene it will be over.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Terrorisim is a genetic defect in the muslim world. Too much inbreeding with the French.

Too much inbreeding with the french, I liked that one.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Terrorisim is a genetic defect in the muslim world. Too much inbreeding with the French. As soon as we locate the "Coward" gene it will be over.

So you call yourself coward?
Terrorists are names for groups fighting against a government.
Do you call the IRA a terror group?
Do you call the USA a terror country?
Answer me this all high and mighty, have you seen your family dieing because you cant get anyfood,water or houseing for them because of a "peace keeping" force?
How can you begin to understand them if you dont look at what forces them to take up terrorism?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Typical Liberal. I don't want to undertand terrorist. Just kill them. Make no mistake they want to kill you.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Please refrain from making blanket insults, country bashing, et al in this thread as well as profanity use. They serve no purpose and are against the T&C of the site.

Thank you

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Typical Liberal. I don't want to undertand terrorist. Just kill them. Make no mistake they want to kill you.

That is an attitude that has caused wars, to kill an enemy you must understand it. Ask any soldier and they will tell you , you must understand the enemy to defeat them.
Not all terrorist want to kill you, they want to get thier goals and if killing does the the job then they will do so, i mean is it ok for americans to kill the british in the independance war?
They were getting freedom wherent they?

BTW fred T i tried not to use country bashing or insults in this post. Just makeing sure you knew i seen your post.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I like the idea about haveing people inflitrate the terriosts and kill thier leader, ala Team America, but the CIA is not aloud to kill people, doesnt mean that they dont, they are just not aloud to.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I know this sounds extreme but I think we should
start kidnapping these guys and videotape cutting there
heads off. I think as well that they should send a well
prepared team into Iraq that dresses in the local garb
and can fluently speak arabic and do the same there
off with there heads I say!!!

geo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>