It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guide to the FLAT EARTH

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Hmm, well we both seemed to have been taught different maths it would seem. So I am going to leave it at that.

So not interested in trying to prove anyone wrong, as i have stated so many times, i am just intrested in the whole, flat earth theory, and this is just a very small part.

So thanks for your imput and opinion.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

Hmm, well we both seemed to have been taught different maths it would seem. So I am going to leave it at that.

No one side uses their own math, whereas the other uses science and real math to show the Earth is not flat.

So thanks for your imput and opinion.

Again not my opinion, but scientific fact.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
First off - let me just say that I do not believe the Earth is flat. I absolutely accept that the Earth is round - not a perfect sphere, but still a sphere.

Having said that, and with a nod to the RATS thread about being "worried for ATS", this thread is somewhat of a great example about the decline of ATS. Not that this thread should be deleted (this IS the correct forum for such threads after all), but it is the replies that are concerning to me as a mid to long term member of this website.

A few nuggets from the replies to the OP: "ignorance", "stooped", "trolls", "suckers", "trolling", etc., etc. If I were to use any of these words in the UFO's and Aliens forum or political threads - my post would be banned. And rightly so since name calling is the least intelligent and weakest form of "debate" that there is. If one has an intelligent argument, there is no need to belittle the person making the post. When we have to resort to name calling it automatically makes the whole post invalid in my not so humble opinion.

For myself, some nameless person on an internet forum calling me names doesn't bother me one bit - in fact it encourages me because I see it as desperation due to one not having an intellectual rebuttal. However, if we are going to post ban people for attacking a member in one forum - we should use the same rules in all the forums...but I digress.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So, is it just me or does the guy narrating these videos sounds just like the guy who does NLBS segments?? Please tell me if its the same guy because its driving me nuts.

Aside from that, I really do not know what to believe about anything. I could believe the earth is flat and I could believe it is a sphere. But I will LITERALLY never know unless I somehow were to see the earth from space on my own. Like people have said here, we only have what others tell us. Which is heresy, isn't it?

Its fun to read both sides, though, and hear everyone's different opinions. But I must say, I fall on the side who believe that the earth is in fact not flat. Mainly because of what TrueBrit has said about when the sun rises it does not rise over the earth at the same exact time everywhere. Just too easy right there.

Note: This makes me think. If the earth is flat, are other planets flat as well? Are there other planets at all? If not, what is actually going on with the whole human settlement on mars thing? Where are the people who are going to live on mars ACTUALLY going???

edit on 31-3-2015 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
so this thread has got my thinking cap on

what if the planet isnt flat like a disk or round like a sphere?

what if our planet is like the top of a domed stadium?

then u could have the appearance of a sphere without an actual sphere.

it would also explain the gravity video posted a page or two back

just throwing out ideas

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Krazysh0t, Tsurfer, et al.

Relax. This isn't even a real person you are arguing with. TheDon is obviously a bot program created by TPTB to confound and distract you so you won't pay attention to their nefarious deeds.
My evidence for this:
The profile of this bot says it is from 'Sweden'. I have been told by others that 'Sweden' is a Northern European nation. I, personally, have never seen it, nor been there. Therefore, all evidence points to 'Sweden' being an erroneous construct of modern science. I have also never personally met TheDon. And before today, I do not recall seeing a single post by this user. Therefore, I have even less evidence that a person using the account name TheDon actually exists. Because I have heard of the fictional 'Sweden' before today.
Given this, I can only conclude this is an NSA bot program. And I DO know the NSA exists. I have some personal experience to verify it.
/End ridiculousness

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Lol that is a hilarious satirical breakdown of the rationality of this thread. Well played.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Where are the edges of the earth then? All of these experiments to prove the roundness of the planet can be reproduced anywhere on the planet. A half sphere would have to have an edge somewhere, yet no edges exist.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Where are the edges of the earth then? All of these experiments to prove the roundness of the planet can be reproduced anywhere on the planet. A half sphere would have to have an edge somewhere, yet no edges exist.

have u even read this thread?

the edges would be anartica

and it doesnt have to be half a sphere.

something like this

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I can guarantee that the earth doesn't make that shape. As for your comment about Antarctica, you do know that we have satellite imagery of that entire continent right?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

have u even read this thread?

the edges would be anartica

and it doesnt have to be half a sphere.

something like this

Well, having been in the Superdome a few times, both before and after Katrina, living on something that even looks like it would explain the general malaise the planet seems to suffer from.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

ugh missing the point much?

this is a thought exercise

u say "see the world is round because u can see the curve"

i say " a curve doesnt mean round"

so your " The clouds drop below the horizon. " comment is now worthless

and Brits "we know because of how the sunlight breaks across the surface"

is now moot too

if all these anecdotal sayings are what u base your beliefs on then its you who need to start thinking out of the box.

the sun could be , what, 2k miles away and smaller and we would get the same numbers as it being huge and millions of miles away

its just how u place numbers in an equation in order to get the result u want

now if you are saying something exists because we have pictures of it... well your decision, but ive seen some pictures im pretty sure were faked

so what makes your pictures any better?

im just thinking on how the earth COULD be and still stay within the rules

just like the video earlier that shows on a flat disk how you would have to build ,assuming we actually new what gravity is(which we dont)

stimulate your mind

and thanks for that worthless off topic post

edit on pm320153103America/ChicagoTue, 31 Mar 2015 15:53:38 -0500_3000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

ugh missing the point much?

this is a thought exercise

u say "see the world is round because u can see the curve"

i say " a curve doesnt mean round"

so your " The clouds drop below the horizon. " comment is now worthless

and Brits "we know because of how the sunlight breaks across the surface"

is now moot too

if all these anecdotal sayings are what u base your beliefs on then its you who need to start thinking out of the box.

the sun could be , what, 2k miles away and smaller and we would get the same numbers as it being huge and millions of miles away

its just how u place numbers in an equation in order to get the result u want

now if you are saying something exists because we have pictures of it... well your decision, but ive seen some pictures im pretty sure were faked

so what makes your pictures any better?

im just thinking on how the earth COULD be and still stay within the rules

just like the video earlier that shows on a flat disk how you would have to build ,assuming we actually new what gravity is(which we dont)

stimulate your mind

and thanks for that worthless off topic post

Just employing an attempt at humor to keep the rancor at bay in this thread.
As a thought experiment, the idea does partially explain observations that a flat disc cannot. But not fully. And attempting to invalidate gravity does not serve to strengthen your point.
While we cannot explain the fundamental nature of gravity or exactly how it is propagated, we have a very good understanding of how it influences reality. To the point of being able to readily predict it's influence on an object well into the future with great accuracy. For instance, gravity would not allow a satellite to orbit an object shaped like the top of a dome in any stable configuration except around it's diameter. Which would render most functions of modern satellites useless.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

who is invalidating gravity?

we simply dont know what gravity is

that is truth

see

Anomalies and discrepancies
There are some observations that are not adequately accounted for, which may point to the need for better theories of gravity or perhaps be explained in other ways.

Alternative theories

"gravity would not allow a satellite to orbit an object shaped like the top of a dome in any stable configuration except around it's diameter. "

gravity also doesnt seem to be able to give rise to things such as

Extra-fast stars

Flyby anomaly: Various spacecraft have experienced greater acceleration than expected during gravity assist maneuvers.

Accelerating expansion

Anomalous increase of the astronomical unit

etc etc see en.wikipedia.org...

for a full list

so who are u to say what can and cant be done with something we know so little about?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Flat not but not perfectly round it is.
Crazy stupid is certainly found on youtube..

Sure the government is not to be totally trusted but some things you can find out on your own.

Anyone that thinks the Earth is flat needs to take up with their countries Navy. You won't even need to leave the Earth.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Flyby anomalies can be caused by a local increase in the gravity of the object being flown around due to miscalculation of the density of the object. Extra fast stars have been theorized to be the result of dark matter. Which, while not confirmed, is a reasonable assumption based on observations. Unlike a flat or dome-top Earth.
The anomalous increase in the Astronomical Unit was set forth in one study, and the source you cite even states it is an unconfirmed and debated result.
Acceleration of the expansion of the Universe is also actually a debatable topic according to certain interpretations of redshift.
I would point out, however, that the most accurate measurements of these phenomena were made with satellites, and the Flyby anomaly actually requires a satellite to occur. And wouldn't work at all without a spherical gravitational profile for said satellite to accelerate through.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Maybe a few of us should get together and go on a voyage around the world. If we make it around and back to where we started without falling off or hitting a wall somewhere then what would that tell us?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14
Maybe a few of us should get together and go on a voyage around the world. If we make it around and back to where we started without falling off or hitting a wall somewhere then what would that tell us?

That we've discovered, essentially, nothing.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

you just need to had south from the south american tip

either you will make it to Aussiland or u will smack a wall

ugh i hate the cold. but if someone was willing to pay id be game

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

a reply to: PageLC14

you just need to had south from the south american tip

either you will make it to Aussiland or u will smack a wall

ugh i hate the cold. but if someone was willing to pay id be game

Well, even the standard flat earth theory accepts Antarctica as a landmass or barrier. I think flight would be a more acceptable solution than sailing, as having to go around the continent can be interpreted as proof for either argument. But yeah, I'd be right there with you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join