It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guide to the FLAT EARTH

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NNN87

Can you post a flat earth map to show us what it looks like according to you?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

Are you kidding me? Did i not just explicitly tell you there is no such thing as an accurate flat earth map? The only one here claiming of such a map is you.

For the last time, the best, and only reference there is on official records of the possible outline or layout, and only a reference, is called the EQUIDISTANT PROJECTION. Just in case you missed it. Not, i repeat, not the flat earth map, there are no accurate maps, no matter the projection.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: NNN87

originally posted by: everyone

Are you kidding me? Did i not just explicitly tell you there is no such thing as an accurate flat earth map? The only one here claiming of such a map is you.

For the last time, the best, and only reference there is on official records of the possible outline or layout, and only a reference, is called the EQUIDISTANT PROJECTION. Just in case you missed it. Not, i repeat, not the flat earth map, there are no accurate maps, no matter the projection.

Jesus you are emotional aren't you. Note that i did not ask for a accurate map (for that to be possible it should first be a fact that the earth is flat hence why there is none.)

I asked this :

I know there are quite a few out there so i was asking you which one fits your idea of the flat earth best.
Geez...

I also have another question. What according to you is to be found around the edges and what holds the water onto the flat plateau? And, are planets and space real according to you ?

And how do the sun and earth work in your view?

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoFri, 23 Dec 2016 01:15:34 -060016201612America/Chicago by everyone because: TYPO

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

How does my typing tell anyone of my emotional status?

I named the projection, are you not online at the moment?

There is no accurate globe projection, does that automatically make the world square, cone or flat like?

Why would the water be falling, and to where? Why do you assume that there is an edge or a cliff of some sorts? No explorer ever mentions one, only thing i have to go on is what General Byrd said in an interview and wrote in his logs about Antarctica, not north pole, even though he did also have expeditions there prior to Antarctica.

Other then that i can't go there let alone afford a trip to sleep in a shack and poop in an outhouse for a week in freezing temperatures. Hell, those trips take you no where near the Antarctic center anyways just some island.

I can neither go to ''space'', have no way of wrapping a measuring tape around a distant light in the sky and tell you for sure, if you have a way please tell me. That would be awesome. Deepest whole ever drilled is 12km so i cannot tell yoy what's under, over or beyond my monetary and legal limits.

edit on 23-12-2016 by NNN87 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2016 by NNN87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Again, i think i asked about 4 times now:

You claim the earth is flat right ?
So what according to you does the flat earth look like?

Is space , ACCORDING TO YOU there or not in your opinion
What do the edges look like? what is the edge made of how does this plane contain its water? according to you and your ideas

And How do the sun and the moon work According to you and your views about a flat earth

Again, i am not asking you to bring forth facts. I am asking about your ideas about this flat earth on how when it it flat according to you how these things according to you could or should work.

Now it would be great if you would stop deflecting those questions and give me your ideas about them because you cannot just sit there and claim the earth is flat and have no thoughts opinions about the things i just asked about, especially not in a "guide" to the flat earth.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

You are probably expecting some sort of sophisticated answer, like the globe model needs, all it's equations and mystery, all of it's randomness and chaos and uncertainties. If the world is flat, it's simple, other then that im not gonna lie to you or tell you i known for a fact what an asteroid is, i never been able to catch one and ask it questions like ''who is your daddy and what does he do?''

I have one simple observation anyone can make on any beach, that as far as of now no one has been able to explain, if the world is round, what magic is at hand when anyone can see a smoke stack that shouldn't be there due to curvature.

You are asking me things you dont have answers to, i don't have answers to. Whatever is beyond under or above is obviously above my pay grade.

So i pay attention to the land i am standing on, not the one i hope or wish to walk one day. There are more pressing matters then ''space'' no matter the shape of our land.

Soldiers are coming back wounded and broken, people are starving in some places, single parents are forced to live unimaginable life styles with high pressure because there's not enough money? Stop launching rockets in the air and aiming the whole worlds attention into space when it is irrelevant to the condition of our human species.

The whole space agency corporation is funded by the people, why are civilians not allowed up there? If its about money there are plethora of ways to bank on space.

Hell if anything it should have happened the moment they supposedly landed man on the moon, those sexist. Couldn't even have the decency to give a women the spot light.

Again, i don't know, explain the visible smoke stack that should be obscured by the curvature? Then i will entertain all kinds of concepts about what may or may not be.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

So lets summarise here:

- You are unable or unwilling to offer any theoretical maps that fit your own FE model

- You are unable or unwilling to provide video or photographic evidence of what you claim to see

- You are unwilling or unable to discuss FE models that describe the mechanisms behind other details (sun, stars, the "edge" etc)

- The only support to your FE belief is your own incorrect interpretation of what you see through binoculars

I actually don't think you really, really believe in FE at all at this point

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

oh FFS - your entire conduct in this thread boils down to :

"my unevidenced annecdote - and the conclusions i draw from it are teh ultimate TROOTH - and i ignore any other evidence and 3thousand years of science "

and you wonder why no one takes you seriously - really

your flat refusal to engage in any real science is tiresome - but the handwaving ecercises and mental gymnastics you depoloy to ignore all real science are amusing - so i stick with this thread

as for your annecdotes - despite the fact that its now apparent that you studiously avoid giving out any falsifiable data

you have slipped up - you cite the distance from kintigh chimney to Brimley Beach as " 50 miles " - oops - its really only 40 - that an easy mistake to make - BUT when we are in a discussion where accuracy is vital - then getting it so baddky wrong - points to servious flaws in your entire approach - or dishonesty

i am inclined to the latter - as you are so dammed evasive in every thread

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MasterAtArms

So lets summarise here:

- You are unable or unwilling to offer any theoretical maps that fit your own FE model

- You are unable or unwilling to provide video or photographic evidence of what you claim to see

- You are unwilling or unable to discuss FE models that describe the mechanisms behind other details (sun, stars, the "edge" etc)

- The only support to your FE belief is your own incorrect interpretation of what you see through binoculars

I actually don't think you really, really believe in FE at all at this point

Thank you (and ignorant_ape) , i was going to write a very similar post after reading his response to me which i had already anticipated to be exactly what his response ended up to be, more deflection and refusal to answer even with just his thoughts about the topics i brought up.

I asked certain questions multiple times and all his responses were the same , Deflection.

Someone can simply not believe in a flat earth and have no ideas, opinions or convictions about the things i asked him about. It is impossible. So you were right in stating that you have a hard time believing that he even believes the earth is flat.

I have another idea about that though. Like i mention in one of my earlier post. I am not sure if you have ever arggued with one but He behaves like one of those scientologists who wants to talk about the "truth" behind Scientology but refuses to talk about the "Lord Xenu" part because that only becomes acceptable to people in the later stages of the indoctrination and by then people dont need actual science to back it up in order to believe and accept.

He realizes that in general wont fly on ATS.
Which is in and all by itself extremely telling and amusing. It means that they themselves know it is all to ridiculous to mention unless they are surrounded by like minded believers.

I have seen this stubbornness among flat earth believers more often. The discussion ended like this:

"dont matter, the earth is still flat"

"doesnt matter what you say, you info is all fake and the earth is still flat"

^ this continues for as long as you keep responding and this guy will keep deflecting in the same manner.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: NNN87

The whole space agency corporation is funded by the people, why are civilians not allowed up there? If its about money there are plethora of ways to bank on space.

Hell if anything it should have happened the moment they supposedly landed man on the moon, those sexist. Couldn't even have the decency to give a women the spot light.

You really are desperate to steer this conversation in any direction but head on aren't you. But thank you for revealing your ideas about space and space agencies, even if unintended.
(BTW, civilians have been up there quite a few times actually. And there was a female in space even before the U.S had a man on the moon btw, shows how much you know.)

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoFri, 23 Dec 2016 09:25:36 -060016201612America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't know what to tell you, but i have multiple times given you the answer to what i use as reference to the possible out line or layout that it could be..

Equidistant Projection. How the hell are you telling me i have avoided that question when i have named the fracking map more then a dozen times now.

I am jot even gonna consider your replies as usefully or even smart in any way.

I have answered all you questions as to my best available, you guys are lying, and really badly too.

You have no answers for me do you? Even at 40 miles, that stack us still obscured by 720feet of curvature, i said ROUGHLY 50 miles, you gonna curse every coma and period you see?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

BTW, civilians have been up there quite a few times actually. And there was a female in space even before the U.S had a man on the moon btw, shows how much you know.)

Like the people on teh Challenger when it blew up and they all died foreal?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlatBastard

BTW, civilians have been up there quite a few times actually. And there was a female in space even before the U.S had a man on the moon btw, shows how much you know.)

A thought i had as to why and how easily it can be faked.

Way before NASA or any other space agency, people had already come to the assumption that the earth is round based on calculations made by looking at distant objects and calculating visual obscurity.

If NASA or anyone with a high status social standing were to tell the population the truth, which would oppose a mass number of people's beliefs.

Look at just for example then two of us '' just the two of us, baby we can make it if we try!!'' Sorry hahaha two beers down!! Look at the fit that some individuals are throwing, at something as simple as two persons perspectives.

Imagine thousands, millions, billions.

I was in a bingo working in a kitchen, it was 9/11, the place was packed, 200 people, the moment the planes hit the buildings, everyone went quiet. There was one family, an Indian family, they had nothing to do with middle east, that moment when everyone went quiet hunts me to this day, because everyone, and i mean every single person was looking at that family, blacks, whites, Hispanic, women and men turned on that family with whatever was light enough to pick up.
I ran out, some turned to the kitchen for some free food, in the midst of what was happening, god bless that family, i wish they made it out alive.

It would be a lot safer, and cheaper to show people what they already want to see and hear.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: TheDon

The Flat Earthers are just a bunch of trolls who do it for giggles - it's an intellectual exercise in argument and pulling in suckers to laugh at.

If you are not aware of this, and genuinely believe in a flat Earth (and I suspect that you do), then you need to have a word with yourself, asap.

They are taking the piss out of you with really weak material, you should be ashamed.

I joined this site for new and interesting references to read. I value your right and opinion to deny Flat Earth theory. After all common sense must prevail sometimes. However, the manner in which you shot this person down is exactly against the Deny Ignorance motto of this site which as I can see you part-take regularly in.

I would like to ask you if any of your opinions and views are based of your OWN research or just other peoples? Have you merely joined the band wagon and used reference from other Flat Earth Deniers or have you actually used your OWN time and effort to back your claims in your post.

Consider this...... What would happen if tomorrow you found out that all the science you had learnt at school and onwards was shaped by governments over time to prevent us from learning anything. What if everything we think and know from text books and manuals etc was fed to us so we all have the same knowledge of absolutely nothing? Maybe then some things would not appear so DUMB after all.

We are led to believe that the speed of light is constant.....how can that be true given our knowledge now of potential space travel and how vast the universe is? A dyson Sphere 100 years ago would be ridiculed but now its not so silly to talk about such things.

Merry Christmas mate!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I am not entirely sure what you are trying to convey with that. Please clarify in more detail.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Well it seems that they are still alive......

2 of the people identified as the astronauts even claim to be their astronaut brother's identical twin........

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FlatBastard

this is how we know you are an idiot

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: FlatBastard

this is how we know you are an idiot

First clue would have been them believing in a flat earth.

Anything else is just a bonus to laugh at.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Right, so any comment on the video?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Right, so any comment on the video?

Yes.

It's a pathetic attempt to try and make a point.

Next you'll be posting a video of a basketball with water on or telling people they can't go to Antarctica.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join