It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She is ex US Military, now hunting down Rhino poachers in Africa!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
www.viralbru.com...

Kinessa Johnson was in the thick of things in the US Military in Afghanistan for 4 years.

She has made a decision to make her way into Africa where she will use her skills to protect some of Africa’s most endangered wildlife species, predominantly the Rhino.

Cool Africas very own G.I Jane. Rhino poachers beware!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Just so long as the Rhino rangers don't mind, no point in treading on others toes.
Having typed that, more power to her elbow!(very old British saying)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
As long as she works via legal channels and with authorities ... good for her!! She's using her skills for something constructive and positive.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

They lost a 187 park rangers last yr to poachers wow! never knew life was so dangerous for them .

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

They lost a 187 park rangers last yr to poachers wow! never knew life was so dangerous for them .

I use to think that the wildlife out there was the most dangerous thing. How wrong I was...

I hope that she's able to stay safe and dish out what these poachers have been serving.
edit on 3/28/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
If she wanted to REALLY stop the poachers she should be heading for places like China where the end product is sold for medicine. Eliminate the market and the product is obsolete.

No, instead she is using her brawn to counteract the symptom. Perhaps the result of military training mentality and the need for personal attention, something she obviously enjoys after seeing the pictures of her with all those tatoos.

Never mind "save the rhino", let's "save common sense".

Nice try, but big fail imo. Let's hope the next story about her isn't "ex US soldier shot by poachers in Africa"

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I think it is unfair to label something a "fail" just because it is not optimal and if someone's heart seems to be in the right place. Of course PR campaigns in Asia could be more effective, but how to educate and dissuade that different mindset and culture? I've spent some time over there, and those kind of radical mind-shifts cannot happen overnight. They should begin with the family and the school system can play a role as well - but either way will take years if not decades.

I applaud someone-anyone who eschews personal gain and attempts to make the world a better place.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Attractive woman... Wish her the best...

For the folks knocking her I expect she went where her skill set would actually help. At least she's trying.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

i recently saw a documentary on how asia has a almost unending desire for rhino horn. its awful how they poach them...the guards started listing for gunshots and would track they hunts down, so the poachers switched to tranq guns and they cut the horns off and leave the poor rhino to die by blood loss.....AWAKE!

truly sick, there are people who think the horn can cure any illness and now is used as a status symbol. by weight its more expensive then coc aine and its allot easier to go shoot a rhino from a chopper take its horns and leave then it is to cultivate drugs and transport them.

i say go get em girl. give them a taste of there own medicine. maybe she'll tranq a few of them and cut something off them, bet that would stop ALLOT of the poachers.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
I think it is unfair to label something a "fail" just because it is not optimal and if someone's heart seems to be in the right place.

Sorry, but I don't think kind hearts will save Rhinos, smart minds that don't crave limelight have a much better chance.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
she is using her brawn to counteract the symptom.

Good for her. She's doing something. What's wrong with counteracting the symptom? Thats' where her talents are. Others can go after the cause. She's doing some good.

Perhaps the result of military training mentality and the need for personal attention, something she obviously enjoys after seeing the pictures of her with all those tatoos.

Military training doesn't predispose someone towards craving personal attention. Having pictures of herself isn't a craving for personal attention. Nearly everyone has pictures of themselves doing things they enjoy. So what? And tattoos aren't a 'craving for personal attention'. It's body art and a personal choice. I'm sure she doesn't care if people pay attention to them or not.

I'm not seeing the reasoning behind the negativity being displayed towards her.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I've been reading about African parks hiring PMC's for almost a decade now.

I think it's great.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
I think it is unfair to label something a "fail" just because it is not optimal and if someone's heart seems to be in the right place.

Sorry, but I don't think kind hearts will save Rhinos, smart minds that don't crave limelight have a much better chance.

So if you're not part of the best solution to a problem, don't bother?

Kind heart = compassion, without compassion a good proportion of the problems in this world that have been solved or are being attempted to be solved would not have had a chance at resolution.

Not trying to be disagreeable, but do you realize your argument falls under the "all or nothing" logical fallacy, which is named so for a reason.

You keep saying she seems like some kind of publicity hound, well I'm not saying its not true, it could be, but are you basing that on just one article? Is she doing PR tours? Does she have an agent? Is she writing books? Even if the answer to the following is yes, I would have to look at her actions. Does she go there just for a couple of weeks or months, make a bunch of money because of the PR, keep all of it and go home? Or does she stay for 1/2 a year or years, and donate much of the money she makes to the cause?

I really think there are literally a million better things to get outraged about.

edit on 28-3-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

not even worth it my friend. obviously bitter people hate when other people try to help the world out. every movement started with one person.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Go Girl Go, you have my vote, death to the scum with no respect for nature and laws of man.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Is a life of a human worth less than that of a Rhino...

purp..

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I watched some MSM special on how dangerous it was for them park rangers. They are seriously outgunned and have massive territories they could never hope to cover. She's got a tough job cause those poachers will come after her for real. If park rangers really try to stop poaching they get tracked down and killed. It's a jungle out there and there ain't no help. That takes courage.

Good luck to her!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
African poachers are a serious danger and not just to wildlife.

They are organized, well armed, and many of them are already criminals before they started poaching for money. It is very much like Mexican drug cartels.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

If she wanted to REALLY stop the poachers she should be heading for places like China where the end product is sold for medicine. Eliminate the market and the product is obsolete.

Last year, actor Jackie Chan made this video to address the "target market" for Rhino Horn.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Nerbot, I think your comment about her liking attention because she has tattoos is a pretty judgemental, poorly thought out, and narrow minded thing to say, and represents a pretty poor attitude on your part. I really never thought I would read such a poor comment from you, since it is your habit to be more reasonable than that, based on what I have read from you before.

I also have tattoos, but I do not seek attention from others. Many people get tattoos, and the people that do are as many and varied as the designs they request. To suggest that all are seeking attention in so doing is just a useless and inaccurate generalisation, which is misrepresentative at best, and totally opposite to the truth at worst.

edit on 28-3-2015 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical improvements

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join