It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthhour 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
wwf earthhour 2015

So in eleven hours there has been strong advertising prompting us to switch off all our lights so we can be aware of climate change.

?is it worth participating in this event.

Personally I will not be as it seems such a pointless gesture.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Haha wonder if that will help seeing as all the technology paper and effort to get the word out would use more energy than saved for this gesture.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013
this thread contributes to its effectiveness at spreading awareness .. well done for your contribution

plus all the other climate change threads, and alternative, clean power threads ....

By the power of greyskull...

ETA - i personally wont be participating .. but i will dim them right down, like on most nights ... i do use LED bulbs tho .. as i kitted the house out with those as i was 'power conscious' ... i think boiling the kettle for one cup of tea, maybe 2, prob uses about the same as my LEDs for a day

switching off our TV sets would go further to making a more noticeable saving .. and be more effective at spreading awareness .. cos the TVs would be switched off, so we'd be snapping out of our almost zombie like comatose state, and using our brains a bit more

edit on 28-3-2015 by Segenam because: editing is a great way to pass the time ...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
All my lights are off, the sun is up. It's 15 ° here. I refuse to turn off my heat. We actually read in this house, I'm a bit of a cheap skate when gots comes to the electric bill.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hey!
Signing up probably gets you on the WWF mailing list for life!

sneaky huh?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Do you get a free stone cold Steve Austin shirt?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's still pretty cold at night where I am, so we won't be throwing the breaker here. We'll turn off the lights & unplug light-emitting things & enjoy the candle & fireplace light, though. It'll be a nice breather from modern lighting. I'd do it much more often if I wasn't sure the cat or one of the kids would knock one over & burn the house down.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Our city does not seem too willing to participate in this. In the first year actual consumption went up followed by slight to no drops. Might relate to the fact that our economy relies on fossil fuels and we are hurting right now due to low prices.

Maybe tonite we will light up a flammable, whitish, translucent, waxy solid consisting of a mixture of saturated hydrocarbons, obtained by distillation from petroleum or shale and sing kum ba ya.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Caver78

Do you get a free stone cold Steve Austin shirt?

Hahahahaha
WWF never gives up in their persistence for donations. I've contacted them several times about taking my deceased husband off the list and 2 1/2 yrs later they refuse to believe he's dead.

Like Segenam I'm all LED'd up and have the heat normally on 64. Got the low water front loading washer/dryer and turned the heat down in the hot water tank. Basically I thaw out in July.

top topics

join