It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3/Yemen Conflict

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Saddam Hussein should never have been removed from power OR killed. Looks like things over there are heading down the wrong path and quickly. Since he (Saddam) was killed, you can see what the results and problems are over there now, If he was still around none of what is happening over there now, would be happening.

And I know what things he done while he was alive and I'm not saying he was a good leader (At least not for the people acting foolish that is) but if you stop and recall what was going on over there, it was very quiet and gas here was very cheap. Our so called president at the time should have talked to Hussein and visit him from time to time instead of going the route he did.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: victor7
a reply to: intrptr

Can't get fooled again.

Russia was never fooled. It was the faggggggot Medvedev who over rode the Russian veto.

Its ambassador to Libya openly protested against Russia planning to not use its veto. Faggggggot Medvedev called the UNSC Russian ambassador to abstain. ONLY IDIOT WHO WAS FOOLED WAS MEDVEDEV.

PUTIN SHOULD REMOVE HIM AND REPLACE WITH ROGOZIN.

Can't get fooled by US BS again.

Forget about getting fooled by US BS...........Russians need to save themselves from the BS of their own.

www.interpretermag.com...

Why is Putin spendings mega billions connecting Russia to Alaska when Russian roads are in dire straits. Why is Putin spending mega billions for the World Cup just to stroke his EGO for Russia's name in the list of hosts. Why did Putin blow up $50B in Sochi leaving empty stadiums and sports hostels and cities.

Russia is NOT West and should stop trying to ape to be one. Yeltsin tried that in 1990s to become west in two years and cause massive impoverishment of the people and society. $150B can give rise to 10-15 other industries to diversify the economy and stop people and capital fleeing abroad. Begging to stand in the same league of the West when not deserving will bring expensive results.

Seems when it comes to aping the West, Russians do not learn any lessons.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

For as much as you guys rail on the west... Putin is no different. All Putin wants is power. Do you honestly think the economic issues in Russia have an affect on Putin personally? You have the largest country on the planet invading neighbors because of some paranoid perception that the west is out to get Russia and are to close to Moscow while completely ignoring the fact that since NATO's inception it has not once attacked / threatened to attack / implied / suggested / what have you the USSR nor Russia.

NATO is the convenient excuse and distraction for the Russian people.

Everything Putin has done has only benefited Putin and his cronies. How much money did his "associates" walk away with while building up Sochi for the Olympics? Who was chosen to build a bridge linking Ukrainian Crimea to Russia?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think the rebels have shot down about 3 planes so far from different countries. I wonder what kind of tech they are using, whatever they are doing they seem to be good at shooting down planes.
www.liveleak.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Obamatech.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Everything Putin has done has only benefited Putin and his cronies. How much money did his "associates" walk away with while building up Sochi for the Olympics? Who was chosen to build a bridge linking Ukrainian Crimea to Russia?

There is one logic to it which is flawed. There is a saying that Oligarchs keep Putin in power so he lets them carry out the loot.

For the best interests of Russia, Putin has to remain in power as any twinker like Medvedev will carry out lousy management and make Russia weak.

However, Putin should control matters with military and internal ministry law enforcement. Oligarchs are not needed to remain in power. Will take less than 200 military men to put all the oligarchs out of business and in jail within 24 hours.

Oligarchs will not help Putin solve the #1 internal enemy of Russia which is CORRUPTION.

Lots of funds spent up in Sochi did not remain in Russia and inflated costs of stadiums and hostels were quickly siphoned off to overseas numbered bank accounts.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
a reply to: Cygnis

...Saudi Arabia is also the most prominent beneficiary of ISIS. These guys are animals who want nothing more than a Sunni Caliphate in the middle east.

Not sure how that works. If ISIS were to invade Saudi Arabia, Saudi royalty would be sought for a mass beheading, since they are all puppets of western policy.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Xcathdra

Russia nor China, so far, have not outright refused the notion of a UN resolution.

All it takes is just one veto.

Yah, after US misused "Humanitarian Grounds" to topple Libya they kind of lost trust in the US in the UN Security Council. Thats why China and Russia veto whatever mandate the US seeks… anywhere.

Case in Point, Syria and now Yemen. Has there been a declaration of war, a resolution proposed to give a mandate to pound Yemen?

Whats the point, right? US doesn't care, they will begin bombing whomever, wherever. Why go through the moves of seeking "world permission"?

EXACTLY. As a person who studied these topics with a Security Council official, I came to this exact conclusion, that the abuse of the Libyan UN resolution, and toppling of the government, meant that what could have been a new coalition and positive use of "responsibility to protect" is now distrusted. Case in point, nobody will sign on to a Chapter VII resolution in Syria. Probably not here either.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

EXACTLY. As a person who studied these topics with a Security Council official, I came to this exact conclusion,

Wow, cool to hear that, thanks.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Who did you study them with and when?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

They do keep him in power.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Who did you study them with and when?

I studied with Elizabeth Lindenmayer in 2013. She used to be an Assistant Secretary General under Kofi Annan and used to train new diplomats at times for the Security Council, especially those of the revolving non permanent states.

sipa.columbia.edu...

www.un.org...

Now days at SIPA she is the UN director and also teaches graduate courses specifically on the UN Security Council, international security, international law, and peacekeeping. That was what I took with her. My final research paper for her course was specifically on the recent Libyan conflict, international coalitions and agreements, and the UN resolutions related to the conflict.
edit on 1-4-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

EXACTLY. As a person who studied these topics with a Security Council official, I came to this exact conclusion,

Wow, cool to hear that, thanks.

Yeah man, I actually wrote a graduate paper specifically on this exact point. Sounds like you realized some things about the Libyan conflict. How did you come to that realization?

There is a chain of realizations (at least for me) after that. I became acutely aware that the Syrian War was meant to follow the same formula. Either create or take advantage of discontent or even protests to foment a civil unrest or war situation. Then supply the rebels and paint the regime as monsters. Supply rebels and diminish the unwanted regime's capabilities until said "freedom fighters" topple regime.

Note, I also was studying the Syrian conflict formally at the same time, retroactively of course studying the Libyan situation.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Yeah man, I actually wrote a graduate paper specifically on this exact point. Sounds like you realized some things about the Libyan conflict. How did you come to that realization?

Seeing through the illusions and Connecting the dots like you. At one time, Libya and Syria were a poplar subject on ATS. There was a Syrian Update thread that members participated in, following all the actions militarily and in the UN. This included watching NATO turn the UN resolution to 'help' Libya into an 'out and out' to topple the government and lay waste to infrastructure.

I saw the same things you did. And if you will, the same formula applied to each state to be victimized by the West. This includes 'Talks', 'Agreements', Violations, Sanctions, Embargoes, Blockades, Disarmament, Protests hijacked into Insurgencies, arms by the boat load provided for "rebels", then out and out invasion or at least in Libya's case, bombing campaigns, euphemistically labeled No fly zones and Humanitarian Interventions.

The UN resolution to do this was exceeded and the mandate sought again in Syria's case was vetoed at least three times by the Security Council. I watched that unfold, saw Ms. Rice's tantrums and also as a student of warfare, I have followed Syria's plight on the internet.

When frustrated by the UN route, US invented Isis and now we have US led airstrikes just in time for the George Bush aircraft carriers arrival in the region. The entire region is aflame with open conflict in Yemen, Iraq and Syria.

Eyes wide open… watch whats occurring in Iran with "disarmament" talks, sanctions and "agreements". Look familiar?

I been gathering some information for some time on the internet in the form of YouTubes uploaded about the conflicts in the Middle East. These are open source televised broadcasts by the main stream media in some cases. The truth is there for all to see. Even if you have to look a little beyond the smoke filled horizon.

Liveleak

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchangelOger
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Saddam Hussein should never have been removed from power OR killed. Looks like things over there are heading down the wrong path and quickly. Since he (Saddam) was killed, you can see what the results and problems are over there now, If he was still around none of what is happening over there now, would be happening.

And I know what things he done while he was alive and I'm not saying he was a good leader (At least not for the people acting foolish that is) but if you stop and recall what was going on over there, it was very quiet and gas here was very cheap. Our so called president at the time should have talked to Hussein and visit him from time to time instead of going the route he did.

Yeah, that is a recurring theme with agents who side with the US,
they get the training from the CIA and then when they end up
knowing something that can unravel the US smoke screen they get whacked.

CIA and Saddam - a love story

Then we look and find the western powers made alot of Iraq's chemical weapons.

Iraq Chemical weapons western origins

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ex_MislTech

Then we look and find the western powers made alot of Iraq's chemical weapons.

Iraq Chemical weapons western origins

While we listen to people claiming Iraq never had wmd's when they did.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Report: Iranian officers captured in Yemen

Local militiamen in the Yemeni city of Aden said they captured two Iranian military officers advising Houthi rebels during fighting on Friday evening.

Tehran has denied providing military support for Houthi fighters, whose advances have drawn air strikes by a regional coalition led by Saudi Arabia, the Islamic Republic's main rival for influence in the Gulf.

If confirmed, the presence of two Iranian officers, who the local militiamen said were from an elite unit of Iran's Revolutionary Guards, would further worsen relations between Tehran and Riyadh who are vying for dominance in the region.

A Houthi mortar shell fired into Saudi territory on Friday killed three officers and injured two others, a statement from the kingdom's Defence Ministry carried by state media said on Saturday, bringing Saudi casualties in the conflict to six.

Three sources in the southern port city's anti-Houthi militias said the Iranians, identified as a colonel and a captain, were seized in two separate districts that have been rocked by heavy gun battles.

"The initial investigation revealed that they are from the Quds Force and are working as advisors to the Houthi militia," one of the sources told Reuters.

"They have been put in a safe place and we will turn them over to (the Saudi-led coalition) Decisive Storm to deal with them."

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 11-4-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join