It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3/Yemen Conflict

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The Yemenis apparently don't want Hadi in power anymore and his own government and army is defecting.

IMHO The original Arab spring protests there were fishy and had the Saudi's fingerprints all over it.

U.S. intelligence officials believe additional files were handed directly to Iranian advisors by Yemeni officials who have sided with the Houthi militias that seized control of Sana, the capital, in September, which led the U.S.-backed president to flee to Aden.

The article could give light to why the US is concerned about Yemen

Secret files held by Yemeni security forces that contain details of American intelligence operations in the country have been looted by Iran-backed militia leaders, exposing names of confidential informants and plans for U.S.-backed counter-terrorism strikes, U.S. officials say.

www.latimes.com...=1

edit on 28-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

iran violated Yemens sovereignty by using the Houthis.

Iran isn't the "USers".

The US has been covertly violating Yemen Sovereignty long before this current campaign against Yemen

US drone strikes since 2002

edit on 28-3-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
a reply to: Cygnis

With Saudi directly involved you can expect Iran to step up its involvement. Once those two start anything then the powerhouses will get involved. We may very well see a direct attack from Saudi on Iran or vice versa. An unannounced attack from either side would kick things off, it boils down to Shia vs Sunni. And the Saudis said this would all happen before 9/11

Some time before 9/11, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, once the powerful Saudi ambassador in Washington and head of Saudi intelligence until a few months ago, had a revealing and ominous conversation with the head of the British Secret Intelligence Service, MI6, Sir Richard Dearlove. Prince Bandar told him: "The time is not far off in the Middle East, Richard, when it will be literally 'God help the Shia'. More than a billion Sunnis have simply had enough of them."

www.independent.co.uk...

Of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 15 of them were from Saudi Arabia, the reason for the US's involvement in the middle east for the last 14 years.

Saudi Arabia is also the most prominent beneficiary of ISIS. These guys are animals who want nothing more than a Sunni Caliphate in the middle east.

Just to be clear, they want a Wahabi caliphate, not a Sunni one.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant
Apologies yes you are right. Trying to respond while getting work done, mixing myself up but it doesn't really matter which it is any caliphate is bad news.

edit on 28-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

You should re-read the UNSC resolution on Libya for starters. Secondly Russia and China didn't object to it when they could have.

Can't get fooled again.

The UN security council denied US mandate in Syria on three occasions, because of what happened in Libya.

I bet you clamored loudly about that, too.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

To be fair, Wahabism is an offshoot of Sunnism. They are an ultra conservative branch of the Sunni religion. The Houthis are a branch of the Shia religion. This conflict is another battle between the two main Islamic religions.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Feltrick

To be fair, Wahabism is an offshoot of Sunnism. They are an ultra conservative branch of the Sunni religion. The Houthis are a branch of the Shia religion. This conflict is another battle between the two main Islamic religions.

No they're not. That's what people in the West and non-practicing Muslims are told, but that doesn't make it true. Wahabis starting calling themselves an ultra conservative form of "Salafi" because of the negativity that comes with the word "Wahabi" (too much to list here). But they're certainly not Sunni. They view Sunnis as heathens too. It would be like someone saying ex-Christian atheists are a form of Protestants because they reject Catholicism.

Though to be fair, since Sunnis make up the majority of Muslims and Wahabis have a blood feud with Shia Islam, it's much easier for them to recruit disillusioned Sunnis or Sunnis with no knowledge of the Qur'an. Because then they can claim they're version of Islam is its "true form", instead of the "watered down & corrupted" versions the recruit is used to (like Sunni Islam).

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
Apologies yes you are right. Trying to respond while getting work done, mixing myself up but it doesn't really matter which it is any caliphate is bad news.

No problems man. I stopped lurking here specifically so I could try my best to tell people what's really going on with this crap. I pray for the day when none of this matters though. Then we can all debate ways to extend the human lifespan or some other pacifist stuff like that lol

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

lol, well done. I am glad you did it. I read half of the OP and saw several points i knew were hogwash, but i just didn't have the energy to write it all out. I'm glad you did.

We all need to recognize when we see a list of "things" (that supposedly buttress an argument) that the number of items is usually a tell tale sign that it is hogwash. Because instead of clear concise proof they have to put up a wall of information that most won't read as their proof. They hope the amount speak as facts instead of the actual details. You see it all the time on this site.

V

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Variable

Or maybe life isn't so simple it can be watered down into a small catchphrase. Or there are so many grievances or facts involved in a situation that it can't be watered down into "Me good, he bad!".

That's like refusing to read books because if they were telling the truth, they could've kept it at 1 paragraph.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I don't believe your "ex-chrstian atheist" analogy fits. They are more online with Christian end times "cults" and both have roots in their respective religions whether Catholic, protestant, Hebrew or Sunni. Jim Jones was a Christian who bastardized the faith as the Wahhabists/ISIS are doing.

I hope you don't think I am lumping all SunnI's into this because I am not. This was more directed to the current conflict in Yemen and the connections between Saudia Arabia and Iran. On my phone and having trouble getting the point across I suppose.

I just see this and the rest of the ME conflicts as a Sunni/Wahhabi vs Shia/ Iran war with the US being led by the Saud Family. Just like the reasons for our involvement in Iraq. Seems the Saudi's have become more aggressive since ISIS have come on the scene.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Feltrick

I don't believe your "ex-chrstian atheist" analogy fits. They are more online with Christian end times "cults" and both have roots in their respective religions whether Catholic, protestant, Hebrew or Sunni. Jim Jones was a Christian who bastardized the faith as the Wahhabists/ISIS are doing.

I hope you don't think I am lumping all SunnI's into this because I am not. This was more directed to the current conflict in Yemen and the connections between Saudia Arabia and Iran. On my phone and having trouble getting the point across I suppose.

I just see this and the rest of the ME conflicts as a Sunni/Wahhabi vs Shia/ Iran war with the US being led by the Saud Family. Just like the reasons for our involvement in Iraq. Seems the Saudi's have become more aggressive since ISIS have come on the scene.

Oh it's fine. I'm just saying that people shouldn't lump Sunnis with Wahabis because Wahabis don't consider themselves Sunnis. Wahabis openly target Sunnis too. That's why I used the admittedly weird ex-Christian atheist analogy. Because atheists don't identify with Protestants or Catholics in any way; but someone might think they were pro-Protestant if they heard the atheist criticizing Catholic teachings. If that makes sense.

So it's really more like Wahabi vs Shiite, Wahabi vs Sunni, mercenaries vs anybody, and power brokers vs those who get in their way.

The main reason I keep trying to clarify this point is because Sunnis are always the ones who get the blame instead of Wahabis & pro-Wahabi forces. Most Muslims in America don't speak openly about this because of fear. Kind of like why most American white people don't speak out against or actively fight against the Mafia or the Mob. We're treated like potential terrorists by non-Muslims and treated as targets by Wahabis. So it's a lose-lose situation. I only speak on them b/c I don't give a shhht lol. Well, and because I'm tired of people like my Mom being seen as a terrorist.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Double post. not sure how that happened

edit on 28-3-2015 by enlightenedservant because: double post

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Good stuff and thanks for the insight!

Appreciate the information and have a better understanding.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

No problems. And thanks for the discussion

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It is my belief that ISL is not he greatest threat to the US and Europe and Australia/NZ its Al Qaida in Yemen. ISL psychopaths will burn themselves out eventually.
There is trouble has always been Al Q, that hasn't changed.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
DP
edit on 28-3-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Things are so heated now that something will eventually break. Russia and the U.S. need a direct war, because too many innocents have been in their cross-hairs for too long.

Things are not that heated but will be once US starts to supply weapons to Kiev. In that event, Russia will conduct a full scale invasion and US will try to create another Afghanistan in Ukraine. That will really piss Kremlin off and then we will be heading for jungles to be safe from radiation and war mongers.

Regarding ME Iran vrs Saudi, it is the Saudi who have called the first shot. If Iranians respond in kind then it will soon become another ground for a proxy war.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Can't get fooled again.

Russia was never fooled. It was the *Snip* Medvedev who over rode the Russian veto.

Its ambassador to Libya openly protested against Russia planning to not use its veto. *Snip* Medvedev called the UNSC Russian ambassador to abstain. ONLY IDIOT WHO WAS FOOLED WAS MEDVEDEV.

PUTIN SHOULD REMOVE HIM AND REPLACE WITH ROGOZIN.
edit on 3/28/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
a reply to: intrptr

Can't get fooled again.

Russia was never fooled. It was the faggggggot Medvedev who over rode the Russian veto.

Its ambassador to Libya openly protested against Russia planning to not use its veto. Faggggggot Medvedev called the UNSC Russian ambassador to abstain. ONLY IDIOT WHO WAS FOOLED WAS MEDVEDEV.

PUTIN SHOULD REMOVE HIM AND REPLACE WITH ROGOZIN.

Can't get fooled by US BS again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join