It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global cooling - Feet of Hail on Equator in Colombia and Ecuador

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
In 2008 a paper written by Livingston and Penn (from the US solar observatory) projected that sunspots would disappear from the sun by 2015 when main stream science was predicting worsening sunspot activity.

The current solar cycle 24 is the lowest sunspot cycle in 100 years and solar physicists expect cycle 25 to be even smaller than Cycle 24 and expect the sun to move into a new minimum comparable with the Dalton or even the Maunder Minimum.

The last Maunder Minimum occurred in 1645 - 1715 coincided with what is termed the mini ice age which resulted in widespread crop failure, famine, and population decline. Because we no longer have wild-life to fall back on, a similar occurrence has the potential of wiping out a large percentage of the human population.

It is interesting that reports of fierce summers preceded the last little ice age. Are we ignoring history or do governments already know that a global cooling event is on the horizon and are trying to keep the peace before the storm.

Rug up.

edit on 27 3 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Not to downplay the crazy weather, but being located on the Equator doesnt mean much when both of those cities are located in mountainous/elevated regions. There is nothing tropical about either of them.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Are we ignoring history or do governments already know that a global cooling event is on the horizon and are trying to keep the peace before the storm.

The Governments know this. What we are seeing right now all over the world, is Governments jockeying into position to counter the backlash from the people.

In the US, UK and Canada we see Governments attempting to increase the ability of Police forces and curtail individual freedoms for the people while the elite have been busy prepping their 'Personal Retreats' or Bunkers to ride out the expected civil unrest.

Some countries are just going to go nuts, especially when they discover that the Governments knew in advance and did nothing to mitigate the risks.

Just imagine if the current spending on the military had occurred on alternative food production in an effort to mitigate the approaching disaster.

Some places are just going to go ape!

In the past, these events caused massive upheaval and rewrote the political landscape ... as will this one.

P

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hail is usually depicted as ground to air temperature difference, like most precipitations I suppose, and can work both ways. Say a cold front passing over a warmer or warming surface, or vice versa depending on the time of year, or other weather influences.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

FEMA has been buying large amount of foods and coffins since 2008 so perhaps they have read the same report and taking action to protect the rich and infamous. Clearly something is up globally and it ticks all the boxes (including a global warming cover story to keep people off guard).

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

OP how dare you !!

Do you realize you are putting in jeopardy Al Gore's Billion-dollar global warming scam ?

You know, Al Gore, they guy who claimed to have invented the Internet, but can't code ?

Al Gore, the guy who rapes masseuses in hotels.

Well, OP, you are ruining his perfectly good scam.
edit on 27-3-2015 by M5xaz because: typo

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
My guess is that we have dumped so much green house gases into the atmosphere that we'll mitigate any decline in solar activity. When the sun resumes normal activity there will all kinds of massive death due to sudden increases in heat. As for me I won't be here so I could care less except for my children and grandchildren who may wind living in Canada. My best,

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: airforce47

Todays CO2 levels are 17 percent lower than climate computer models predicted so perhaps the source of increased CO2 has always been warming oceans and melting siberian permafrost from increased output from the sun. Ice core studies have shown that historically, CO2 lags temperature change which supports thought that todays increasing CO2 levels was a byproduct of warming not the cause.

The Antartica Ice Shelf is now at its the largest extent on record which hints that oceans in the southern hemisphere must be cooling.

Ukraine and Russia hit by extreme cold snap and heavy snow link
Britain predicting coldest winter on record.
Both US and Australia ain't very warm either!
edit on 27 3 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The main driver of all weather and climate, the entity which occupies 99.86% of all of the mass in our solar system, the great ball of fire in the sky – has gone quiet again during what is likely to be the weakest sunspot cycle in more than a century. For the past 5 days, solar activity has been very low and one measure of solar activity – its X-ray output – has basically flatlined in recent days. Not since cycle 14 peaked in February 1906 has there been a solar cycle with fewer sunspots. We are currently more than six years into Solar Cycle 24 and today the sun is virtually spotless despite the fact that we are still in what is considered to be its solar maximum phase. Solar cycle 24 began after an unusually deep solar minimum that lasted from 2007 to 2009 which included more spotless days on the sun compared to any minimum in almost a century.

Link

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
So local freak hail storms are now the sign of global cooling and a new ice age....

That's more stupid than global warming

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Instead of lurking in the shadows, perhaps you should come out into the light and do some reading and research of your own.

If that post is the best you can do ...... well, so be it I suppose.

Just call everything stupid and what? You expect people to agree just because you say so?

How about adding something of merit to the discussion.

P

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Well, for a start it'is not the first time for that region.

CLICK ME

An unusually strong hail storm whipped through Colombia's capital, on Saturday, causing severe flooding and burying dozens of vehicles under the ice. Authorities say it is the strongest ever hailstorm seen in Bogotá, but despite several major roads becoming blanketed in ice, no one was killed by the storm.

Hailstorms usually form in heavy thunderstorms, which are hot air meeting cold air created by warm air rising, cold air sinking.

So if anything this hailstorm is created from hot air, which pretty much rules out anything with global cooling, plus it's local and in high altitude.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Wait what happened to my post ?

i will try again.

For a start it is not the first time this has happened in that region.

CLICK ME

An unusually strong hail storm whipped through Colombia's capital, on Saturday, causing severe flooding and burying dozens of vehicles under the ice. Authorities say it is the strongest ever hailstorm seen in Bogotá, but despite several major roads becoming blanketed in ice, no one was killed by the storm.

Hail storms are usually formed in thunderstorms Thunderstorms are formed by warm humid air rising and cold air sinking, so if anything this is created by hot humid air created by hot weather, plus it's a local region, and it has happened before.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
WTF...why wont it post, is it the link or what

Edit :Ah, yes it is, how silly, just a sec...
edit on 28-3-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I will try again, the other link is not accepted by ATS.

First, it's not the first time this has happened for that region, it also happened in 2007.

CLICK ME

Take a look at these incredible photos from Bogota, Colombia [Google Map], appearing to show cars buried in hail following a severe thunderstorm there yesterday. At first glance, it looks as though the hail is several feet deep but in reality, you're looking at a thick sheet of accumulated hail on top of several feet of water. Still, the hail appears to be almost a foot thick in some places. Since hail rolls downhill and floats, accumulation of a foot's worth are not unheard of, but The BBC says this was Bogota's worst hail storm ever.

Hail are usually forming in thunder storms, which is hot humid air rising and cold air sinking, so if anything the hail storm is created by hot air, which mean hot weather somewhere in the region, so that pretty much rules out global cooling or anything related to that.
Here are thunder storms explained as easy as posible.
CLICK ME 2

On a hot summer day the surface of the Earth is heated by the sun. The Earth's surface heats the air just above the surface through the process of conduction.

The action of warm air rising and cold air sinking (convection) plays a key role in the formation of severe thunderstorms. If the warm surface air is forced to rise, it will continue to rise, because it is less dense than the surrounding air. In addition, it will transfer heat from the land surface to upper levels of the atmosphere through the process of convection.

Two of the most important ingredients for thunderstorm formation are instability (unstable air) and moisture.

So therefore the claim of global cooling or an incoming Ice age because of this hailstorm is stupid, and should have been research by you (OP), before posting the OP, instead of trusting a random Youtube.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

So therefore the claim of global cooling or an incoming Ice age because of this hailstorm is stupid, and should have been research by you (OP), before posting the OP, instead of trusting a random Youtube.

Thank you kindly sir. That is much better. Now we have something to talk about. However ....

Hail of this magnitude is unusual anywhere let alone right next to the equator. Other events around the planet are also 'normal' except for their frequency and strength. A little research is in order.

One thing you cannot possibly disagree with ... is that we are experiencing a time of minimum solar output. History tells us that this causes events such as the Marauder Minimum. That was an event where crops failed and multitudes died from starvation.

The OP is NOT saying that these extremely rare hailstorms prove this, the OP is saying that these events are an indicator that out weather is going nuts. The weather is if you will, out of balance.

The jet stream is not where it should be, ice is melting and all sorts of other bad things are happening.

If you remember nothing more, then remember this. The Sun provides the power for Earth's weather. Without the steady Sun's output, weather will change. We are seeing that happen right now.

Nowhere did the OP talk about an ice age .... but you did.

Now then. This graph should scare the pants off anyone with a brain.

We are headed for an ice age ... we are due for one.

It will not be tomorrow and in all probability it will not happen in your grandkids' lifetime but it is coming. We have had our 10,000 years of warmth and the Earth does not take much notice of us. The next ice age will come.

P

edit on 28/3/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

The fact that this happens at the equator is irrelevant, as it is in a high altitude and the warm air is coming from a lower region and forced upward by the mountains, then release all it's energy when it meets the cold air in that higher altitude just above Bogota, which is not unusual.

WIKI Bogota

The rainiest months are April, May, September, October and November, in which typical days are mostly overcast, with low clouds and some winds, bringing maximum temperatures of 18 °C (64 °F) and lows of 7 °C (45 °F).

While temperatures are relatively consistent throughout the year, weather conditions can change dramatically during the course of a single day. Climatic conditions are irregular and variable due to the El Niño and La Niña climatic phenomena which occur in and around the Pacific basin and are responsible for pronounced climatic changes. This makes the city's weather unpredictable; sunny mornings can turn into a severe-storm afternoon (something commonly referred as sol de lluvia (literally, "rain's sun"). Precipitation amounts possess irregular patterns throughout the year.

I mentioned Ice age because the video is called "Mini Ice age 2015", and that video is used by OP.

The talk of an incoming Ice age is to me more silly than the Global warming debate as it is obvious that another one will happen sooner or later, and i really don't want to discuss that topic for now as i see no point to.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Early snowfall in Australia hardly raises a whimper, despite just coming out of summer.
But let there be a 1/2 a degree too warm day.....all hell breaks loose.

www.heraldsun.com.au...

Bah Humbug!.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

We are in an ice age, not due to come out of it for thousands of years more. Within ice ages there's periods of glacial and interglacials. During glacials it's cold and our ice caps gain ice and they expand by miles, interglacials it warms and the caps retract but remain. What we're seemingly overdue for is a glacial period and we should be in a mildly cooling phase due to orbital forcing and especially since the sun is in an extended minimum. Instead we're warming even if slowly at the moment. That's because things happening on Earth or to Earth (asteroid collisions etc) can override orbital forcing... in this case greenhouse gases are the reason.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Oh for heavens sake! Why do people have to split hairs like this. The entire damn planet understands the use of the term 'Ice Age' but a few 'enlightened' people have to always split this hair just to show how smart they are.

It annoys me.

I write in terms that 99.9% of people will understand.

But go ahead, split that hair if it makes you feel so damn happy.

P

top topics

<<   2 >>

join