It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowley students: Where did Uncle Al talk about the void place of spirit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Somewhere in his writings Aleister Crowley talks a bit about "the void place of spirit", and I'm having difficulty remembering exactly where...I keep thinking liber 418, but...

Anybody's memory better than mine

I have been thinking a bit lately on the ideas of Extraterrestrial spirituality, and possible reasons for the abduction phenomenon. The "notion" here is that ET has no "idea" of Spirit, and may see the Human possession of such a thing as a possible advantage, or something desirable. Any way, I want to better understand the idea of a place with no spirit.

edit on 27-3-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

The Book of the Law does touch on that, you're right. I have actually packed all of my books in preparation of a move so I can't help look it up but I wanted to confirm your hunch on it being in 418 at least peripherally if not a central focus. I say "central focus" since automatic writing, in general, sort of epitomizes what you are talking about.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to tanka418

I think it was right after he talked about killing little boys for their 'pure' spirit harvest.

But before explaining that it was best to abuse them first. You know, kill them at their most terrified.

That is the best way to steal the 'purest' spirit.

I need to go shower and soak my brain in bleach now, thanks.

Good luck on your wholesome quest.

edit on 3 27 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
maybe this can help, it's in italian so you will have to use google translate, but it talks about him and the "ufo connection"
take this part:

Attraverso il Rituale, viene creato un Portale Magico, ovvero uno spazio nel tessuto dello spazio tempo entro il quale avverranno le manifestazioni; i risultati non tardarono ad arrivare e l’entità che si presenta viene chiamata Lam.

meaning through the ritual a magic portal is created meaning a space in the fabric of time in witch the manifestations take place, the results are immediate and the entity that presents itself is called LAM
And it shows a picture of this LAM creature that does look like a grey.
He had a house in Cefalù, that's about 10 minutes from where i live in Sicily, i actually dragged my girlfriend there to take pictures of the house last summer

the grey connection-italian

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: Cuervo

I think it was right after he talked about killing little boys for their 'pure' spirit harvest.

But before explaining that it was best to abuse them first. You know, kill them at their most terrified.

I'm not a Thelemite. I just have an eclectic reading history. Don't judge somebody for reading a book... especially a book you obviously never bothered to read.

The part you are talking about (actually in a different book) was a veiled reference to masturbation, not a physical sacrifice of a person. For literal commandments to sacrifice innocent children, read the Old Testament. Crowley was a bitter and troubled man but he wasn't a murderer nor did he condone it.
edit on 27-3-2015 by Cuervo because: spellinz

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Don't know why that replied to you, it was meant for tanka418.

The 'Uncle Al' in his title made me throw up a little, it distracted me.

ETA: I fixed it

edit on 3 27 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You can read all of Aleister Crowley's work online.

Here is a link to get you started.

The Libri of Aleister Crowley

And here is a direct link to the 'Liber'. Technical Libers of Thelema

CdT

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

a reply to tanka418

This is a truly serious disappointment.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth

CdT

Thank you.

However, I have a copy, on disk and CD of everything he ever wrote. I went on a quest back in the early 70's, and have maintained that part of my library on several disks, and CDs...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Wow, such bitterness. I don't see how what you referenced is any different than anything that's contained in the OT about child sacrifice and taking virgins as trophies of the Israelites. Yahweh ordered the slaughter of innocent women, children, and animals in several places in the OT, how is that any better than what Crowley said?

A simple question doesn't warrant such a hate filled reply in my opinion. Lighten up.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I would like to clarify some things.

The imagery given above was used as a blind to hide specific techniques from the uninitiated.
Crowley did not sacrifice children. When were the arrests, the charges filed, evidence given, trials had and convictions found? I fully understand that I my efforts here may prove fruitless, but I have to give my best effort to put this into perspective, as I just can't stand these accusations, regardless of my feelings on the man.

Child Sacrifice is completely antagonistic to the Law of Thelema. Foremost, such a thing disregards the rights of the child to pursue his Divine Will (which is for no one to discern or decide - not even his parents, a ritual magician, nor even Thelemic Clergy), & paramount to the above, is in direct violation of the Law of Love ("Love is the Law, Love Under Will," - AL I;57), as such an action obviously demonstrates a principle antithetical to anything that we could even remotely recognize as 'Love.'

The imagery is also used to demonstrate the need for the initiate to 'read between the lines,' & not accept any given thing based upon a cursory or superficial understanding of it - as we all know that looks and first impressions can be misleading.

In all fairness, many respected occultists, (Rosicrucians, Masons, Illuminati, Theosophists, etc), deeply frowned upon Crowley's effort to convey rather sacred, beautiful and powerful principles of nature and ritual technique with such dark, morbid & disturbing imagery, as it was seen (and still is) as debasing & profaning that which is considered Holy, thus earning Crowley a notorious reputation as a Black Mage and a wicked man.

It is well to note that on the other hand, there are many profoundly beautiful and inspiring writings penned by this man - however much material attributed to Crowley is said to be in fact, 'channeled' by him from a Higher Intelligence. He did seperate all of this material into specific catagories, e.g. 'inspired scripture,' 'ritual technique (often disguised in confusing imagery as above as he liked to hide the ball,' 'general commentary,' etc. There is certainly more than meets the eye when it comes to this man & his life's work, like him or not.

Putting Crowley aside, the principles embodied in the Law of Thelema, rather, the message he delivered, is definitely worth anyone's respectful and open-minded consideration. Many occultists and ordinary folks alike (muggles!) recognize the positivity, growth, tolerance and respect of oneself and other's espoused and promoted by this religion.

One can jump down this rabbit-hole rather quickly, as even a superficial examination of the two principles, 'Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law,' and 'Love is the Law, Love Under Will,' would seem to be antagonistic and contradictory pursuits - yet when it is becomes clear and is understood that "Do what thou Wilt," does not mean, 'Do what you like," new questions are developed and new developments in thought emerge. Oh curiosity!

The Greek words for 'Will' and 'Love' (Thelema and Agape, respectively), enumerate to the same value, 93. Traditionally, when two words share the same value (as in many alphabets of old, letters also corresponded to a specific numerical value, e.g. "A = 1, B = 2, etc."), those words were believed to 'reflect' one another, or in other words, lend greater introspection into the deeper understanding of those general concepts indicated by the words.
For example in Hebrew Kabalah, specifically utilizing Gematria, the Words for 'God' and 'Love' enumerate to the same value, thus indicating the principle that 'God is Love'.

This phenomenon happens all over the old and new Testaments alike, providing the serious student with a new key to understanding traditionally sacred scripture, which is why so many occultists value the Torah and the Bible as being worth a critical examination and reflection throughout a lifetime.

Back to the two fundamental proclomations given in the Book of the Law. Thelemicaly speaking, that both 'Love' and 'Will' share the same numerical value serves to indicate that an individuals Will must certainly be Divinely ordained, for one of the best attributes of Divinity is that property or characteristic that we call 'Love,' as addressed above per Hebrew Gematria. At very least, it is praeter-human. Inasmuch, it simply cannot be that one's 'Will' should be some flim-flam wishy-washy desire that might change on the turn of a dime. Rather, that Will must be something composed largely of, and subject to the law of . . . Love.

Anything else we might call profane desire, want, etc, but 'Love' suggests Harmony. Think of Divine Will be akin to the gravity of the planetary bodies, or even the forces within the subatomic realm: that force which binds the electron shield to orbit the nucleus of an atom. Indeed, such a force harbors so much potential energy that the wanton unleashing of it would render planets into rubble. Yet it is seen that there does exist a Harmony by which the Atomic Realm operates, as do the planetary bodies. Certainly the principles involved in discovering and understanding this Harmony are fundamental to understanding the entire structure of our Universe and Reality itself.

Mysticism is based upon the prospect that man may align himself with this Universal Harmonium.

High Magick comprises the ritual techniques by which the same may be done, utilizing different methods than that of the Mystic.

Both paths include the principle that when a certain level of Harmony (illumination) is attained, the Mage or Mystic can then influence the operations of 'Reality' to a certain (or uncertain) degree.

The foolish and unprepared attempts at undertaking operations of this nature have proven to be very dangerous, thus requiring the aid of one's Higher Intelligence, or 'Holy Guardian Angel,' as it is traditionally called - this intelligence or 'being' may be thought of as the spiritual, but nonetheless very real, counterpart of the physical self. It is in much closer contact with the Divine Intelligence than the average human being. This intelligence, being of such a unique nature, provides the student with means & foresight necessary to the accomplishment of the pursuit and fulfillment of the Will, as having knowledge of one's Will and making contact with this Intelligence are one and the same.

Thus, the serious student must begin a serious introspection and critical examination of himself, and discerning for himself the nature of his Will - Crowley gave plenty of philosophical fundamentals as starting points - for instance, here is some raw philosophy worth consideration.
For more information O.T.O.

Regarding the 'Void Place of Spirit,' I don't recall anything specific about this - but it sounds akin to the task Initiate crossing the Abyss, the pseudo-Spehira of Da'ath, transcending the Plane of the Elements and the World of Briah to attain the Glory of the Supernals. I think of the 'Dark Night of the Soul,' and I get an uncomfortable feeling - having to come face-to-face with the Soulless Denizen of Lovelessness and Confusion, but emerging as a better being after the Ordeal.

Okay, I need to get up.
xox
-kissy

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

a reply to tanka418

Already I see "those" who have read from one of the "forbidden books" ....... be forewarned that this draws negativity into your life if you are not careful. But back the post.......I would like to make one small correction...... killing or better yet sacrificing a human is a ritual part of satanic worship and the reason for waiting until the person is most terrified has to do with the victim releasing certain hormones into the air while experiencing death. These hormones can be digested by spirit and make them high like on drugs (sorcery) .... the reason why the evil spirit comes in the first place. It is done to call the evil spirit you want before you so you can make your request or to state your loyalty and obedience to the one you have called.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth

CdT

You are correct you will not find anything written by CROWLEY concerning any gruesome ritual concerning human sacrifice but there are enough witnesses that have seen him participate in human sacrifices. There is vast amounts of information concerning CROWLEY by others who have witnessed CROWLEY. He also had his fingers in many things everything from being a 33rd degree Mason, worshipper of Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn; one that kings and queens called upon for various reasons. (definitely another thread needed on this subject).

Crowleys hate and vampiric teachings are not natural. These teachings come from hell and someone from hell has been teaching him for years and not by long distance.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: kissy princess

Spoken like a true Wiccan witch. Since there are no standard guidelines for all WICCANS to follow you will see that there are as many different beliefs and rituals practiced within Wiccan as in other religions.

AND we should not forget that WICCAN witches comes from a modern 19th - 20th century belief system (same time frame when CROWLEY came onto the scene) not some practice dating back thousands of years ago..... those were witches and not WICCANS. Now I am NOT trying to tie CROWLEY with WICCANS .... just pointing out the time line........ can you see it? Do you know why?) Actually when looking close at the Wiccan religion you will see mostly females and very few men if any who practice WICCAN.....why? Because it is nothing more than a feminist movement and nothing more.

Human sacrifices have been ongoing for thousands of years and to various spirits. Like you said it is even the bible when the Israelites sacrificed their children to Moloch.

Human sacrifices are being done today just as often ..... only you and I are not privy to when, where and with whom. Just as there are whistleblowers in the government there are whistleblowers in other organization including satanic worship and rituals such as human sacrifices..... the difference? For most it is easier to believe that the U.S. government is involved with 9/11 but human sacrifices still ongoing........ how ridiculous...... right?

edit on 28-3-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tanka418
I have never read any of Crowley's work but the phrase "the void place of spirit" does not mean 'a place void of spirit'.

Any way, I want to better understand the idea of a place with no spirit.

The void is the source of spirit - every individual will be avoiding the void which is why the spirit seems so elusive.
The void is nothingness, emptiness - it is the absolute reality.

If that which believes it is an individual turns and looks into the void he will die.
And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. Exodus 33:20

The spirit manifests as dancing, moving light - it is not a thing - it is all there is. It is empty of meaning. Meaning occurs because there seems to be something separate from the dancing light. If one turns away from what is appearing to be seen - to see what is seeing the appearance the 'void place of spirit' may be realized.
To know God is to be God.

edit on 28-3-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

The void is the source of spirit - every individual will be avoiding the void which is why the spirit seems so elusive.

If that which believes it is an individual turns and looks into the void he will die.

In every moment we change from one thing to another. Maybe looking into the void transform the seeker into something new.

To know God is to be God

Low level Gnosis. To be part of the whole while still being separate.

Namaste.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
a reply to: Itisnowagain

In every moment we change from one thing to another. Maybe looking into the void transform the seeker into something new.
If that which is seeking turns and seeks that which is seeking then the seeker will vanish. There is no 'seeker' just 'seeking'.

Low level Gnosis. To be part of the whole while still being separate.

Namaste.

That is the problem - can the rain drop know the ocean?
The individual wants to know the whole - how is that possible??
To know God is to be God.
When God is found then the seeker will be found to be no more - rapture. 'You' as the individual must die to know God.
edit on 28-3-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Hi Deathslayer.

New paganism, to include Wiccan, is not Satanic. To understand Satanism and their beliefs, ethics and mores...

Satanic Social Ethics

The main site in Europe is much better than the stateside one.

I disagree that they have no clear and spelled out rules or ethics.

As to Crowley being a minion of the devil or a Satanist... no. And I don't think anyone in Satanism would claim him as a follower of theirs either. Wiccans and Pagans do claim that honor, however.

CdT

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Haha, Hi DeathSlayer! No, Im not a Wiccan Witch. There is a standard for Wicca, the Wiccan Rede, 'An it harm None, Do what Thou Wilt .' Clearly, the influence of Thelema is present. In fact, Gerad Gardener is believed to have been a student of Crowley. Wiccan's are the Witchcraft cult that aims to harm nothing - they do not practice ritual nor live their lives in a manner that would put someone else at a disadvantage. I've definitely known a few males initiates to Wicca, but yeah - definitely seems to be a chick thing.

The Golden Dawn is not a 'thing' to be worshipped. Rather, it is an occult school harboring an immense body of hermetic knowledge. Many, many occultists and occult movements have their foundation in the Order, but that isn't a rule by any means. However, to pass through even the first few degrees, attaining 'Adeptus Minor' was akin to garnering a top-notch Master's Degree. Sadly, there have been many schisms in the lineage and tradition, tons of back-biting, litigation and slander, and many occultists are turned off due to this pollution.

However, the tradition still exists, and shall always exist, and the sincere seeker can find excellent tools for spiritual growth and personal evolution.

Check out these pages:
A neat blog from a student of both the Golden Dawn and AMORC

Chic and Sandra's Golden Dawn Portal

Another Neat Golden Dawn School (Open Source!)

This Order isn't Golden Dawn-style, but is the body transmitting pure Rosicrucian tradition:

AMORC

xo,
-kissy
edit on 28-3-2015 by kissy princess because: needed some space

edit on 28-3-2015 by kissy princess because: typo

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I invoke Thee, the Terrible and Invisible God: Who dwellest in
-- Liber Samekh...sub figure 800

Its the opening to he "fire" aspect to the ritual used for knowledge and conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel. I knew I recognized it from somewhere...

There are also some references to a place where there is "no God" in Liber 418, which is what I was trying to substitute. But the teachings in the 5th, 7th and 8th aethyrs also seem to want to relate.

At first I thought the reference was to the idea that extraterrestrials have no spiritual component to their physical being, something I personally find nearly preposterous...I mean how could a group of beings who are reportedly so much more advanced than Terrestrials not possess spirit? Just how could such a thing be?

The problem is that this basic idea has ore than one source. There are stories, and speculations to that effect, and my own experiences have an element that is very much like that.

I shall have to observe and ponder, perhaps something will happen that can lend some clarity...I fear this is something that is indeed a reality, and we must come to terms with it.

top topics

join