It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Word became flesh

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
Yes, I understand that you need to believe that, because the idea of being confronted with a genuine "other" is one which you might find frightening.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
But you are seeing and knowing the creation by being all that is.
But you are not just a little bit of creation inside a body.
You are the dreamer and the dream. In the dream there might appear a person that you 'think' you are - you are not that.
You are the seeing of the dream.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
You are repeating your previous comments, so I don't think I need a fresh reply.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Yes, I understand that you need to believe that, because the idea of being confronted with a genuine "other" is one which you might find frightening.

The belief is in yourself being separate to God.
The reason why mankind is suffering is because of the belief in 'other'.
There is only what is happening - there is no one and there is nothing.
But the word made believe that you are some thing when really there is nothing appearing as this.

The word 'I/me' makes believe all things - no thing that was made was not made by him.
Until the concept of 'individual' arose there was just THIS THAT IS. Take away words and what is there?
THIS THAT IS is in constant motion and words arise and try to pin it down and make it into something.
edit on 28-3-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The links between the this chapter and the later Nicene Creed were brought out in this thread;
God and man; the meaning of "Incarnation"

edit on 28-3-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
When I first wrote this thread, I was expecting to see an argument with another ATS member about the meaning of "become" in this chapter.
He had problems with the normal translation of that word, to the point of once devoting a thread of his own to looking for an alternative translation.
Not that he actually had an alternative ready. He just wanted the meaning of "become" to be something, anything, other than the natural and generally accepted meaning, because he was uncomfortable with the implications which I've been expounding.
However, that member seems to have got himself banned, probably through a political discussion elsewhere on the board, so that argument won't now take place.

edit on 29-3-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think this one may still be topical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join