It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis Credited With 'Miracle' as St. Gennaro's Blood Liquifies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

89th year for this event since 1929....how is it now about him in the 89th year?

There is Wikipedia for historical info...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
If I pull a rabbit out of a hat I just performed a miracle too.

It saddens me to see intelligent people buy into this nonsense. Uri Geller for Pope.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
a reply to: FlyersFan

I was really surprised that no one reported on this here at ATS before this. Given the article is five days old. I waited, I have a list of stories I'm waiting to see covered, but since ATS isn't really on the ball as of late - I went ahead and threw up a thread about it.

I'm curious as to if there are any known processes in science that can cause such a transmutation. I hope the science crowd here has a few gems of theory to throw out on this.

CdT

Why?

I read this a couple of days back and thought it was a non story. No miracle, so non event really.

Of course many true believers will buy into it. Bless them.

Pope Francis seemed to be embarrassed by the whole thing. he kissed the glass ampoule no? Maybe it is not as sealed as they would like to make you believe and his breath condensed on the inside, mixing with the dry blood. Only half liquidised, although it was probably less than that, but we will never know.
edit on 27/3/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Why?

Because I found it an interesting story and was interested in opinions on it. If it's not a miracle, that the Catholic Church claims it is, and is in fact trickery...

Then the Catholic Church, and it's Pontiff's are guilty of duping it's followers - and that's worthy of a spot on a conspiracy forum. Particularly if the mixture has to be recreated every few years to create the 'miracle' over and over again.

CdT

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Yeah, cool I can see that. But, to be honest it wasn't a miracle and I don't think the Pope feels comfortable with going along with the claims.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Then the Catholic Church, and it's Pontiff's are guilty of duping it's followers - and that's worthy of a spot on a conspiracy forum. Particularly if the mixture has to be recreated every few years to create the 'miracle' over and over again.

THIS^^^^Just another pious forgery! (Shaking my head)

I was going to do a thread on this, when I first saw it, but I couldn't frame the topic without totally insulting Catholics, and I thought this close to Easter, it was too easy of a target and would have been in poor taste, the way I wanted to present it, anyway. You did a good job of staying impartial. Something I wouldn't have been able to do.

edit on 27-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Yeah, cool I can see that. But, to be honest it wasn't a miracle and I don't think the Pope feels comfortable with going along with the claims.

I think Pope Francis (self) justified the thing in the same way parents justify telling their children that Santa brought the presents under the tree, telling themselves; "It's just a childish fantasy that doesn't hurt anyone and promotes faith....."

I think its wrong, desperate pandering and insulting to educated Catholics.
edit on 27-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Perhaps being held in the hand provides the necessary heat to melt the liquid?

Since it is sealed, can it be checked in some way with tech equipment to see if it is pure blood? I'm all for miracles, but there should be no way in Hell that this stands as is. --No hatred or bigotry intended to the pope or the church, simply a scientific question and suggested investigation of the phenomena. If it is indeed raw blood that the church just got a huge boost, if not....

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

I wonder what would happen if he tripped and fell with that little vial in his hand and it broke. Get out the club soda eh?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
To a Catholic, no explanation is necessary. In fact, miracles have no explanation, thats why they're miracles. Anyway, ad this miracle to the thousands and thousands of other miracles that have occurred continuously since the time of Jesus. They're actually quite common in His Church...The Catholic Church. This one is a special blessing, as it occurred on camera, and in the presence of our Holy Father, Pope Francis I, Bishop of Rome, successor to Saint Peter...The Vicar of Jesus Christ.

To a secular, humanist, unbelieving world, no explanation is possible. The "whore of Babylon", The Catholic Church, has every one of their 1.2 billion followers completely fooled. They've buried Truth, and completely fooled every one of them for 2000 years. Yep, so obvious.

Jesus performed miracles so that people would believe in Him. And He still performs them today! Belief, without proof...is faith.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Oh I have faith Ignatian.

I have faith that humans, will do anything necessary, to stay in power.

CdT

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

I think Pope Francis (self) justified the thing in the same way parents justify telling their children that Santa brought the presents under the tree, telling themselves; "It's just a childish fantasy that doesn't hurt anyone and promotes faith....."

I think its wrong, desperate pandering and insulting to educated Catholics.

Well your post did give me some perspective and I really had to sit back and ask myself is there anything wrong with this? It puts me in a conflicted place. I believe it necessary to teach our kids to dream, believe in the mysterious, the miraculous and later explain to them the importance of the 'idea of Santa' and the wonderment and experience of having faith in something beyond yourself... and your right - the vial of St. Gennaro's blood liquifying, is very comparable to the mythos of Santa Claus in it's purpose.

Hmmm....

CdT

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Fantastic job.

Now, how about a miracle that actually benefits mankind?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join