It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Audacity of Humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
So, the other day, I was having a philosophical discussion with a gentleman about evolution and creation and he made a comment to me about how animals don't have the same thoughts as humans. I asked him how can he be sure they don't?

Are we certain that other species don't have the same thoughts about life as we do? I mean have you ever spoken to a Dolphin? or an Ant?

Maybe they do have a more evolved existence than we think. After all, where they not created by the same process as we were?

Certainly they communicate with each other, right? Maybe they are the more spiritual beings and maybe they are the ones that look at us and say, gee these crazy humans sure screwed up our planet.

We think we are superior, when in fact maybe they are. They don't blow up each other or shoot each other or steal or screw around on their spouses or pretend to think they have all the answers or follow silly religions...then again maybe they do.

Either way, the arrogance humans have about their superiority on this planet is ridiculous...and while I am at it...how can anyone think for one moment that we are the only planet in the vastness of infinity that can possibly exist with life on it...the probabilities have to be expected rather than denied. To deny is complete ignorance.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The difference between us humans and our closest genetic relatives is 1%. Such a small amount, yet we can't communicate with them.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
They, the animal world, don't have the tools to cause mega death. But they do a fine job of killing each other off.
Organized at it too.

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

To deny is complete ignorance.

Your statement is a perfect example of your title.

The Audacity of Humans

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
Either way, the arrogance humans have about their superiority on this planet is ridiculous...

I certainly agree with you here.

Every being and thing is manifested completely dependently in this same vast field of relatedness, so where do we get off thinking we are superior to anything whatsoever? Sure we can control other species and one another to a great extent, but does that actually make us superior? I don't think so.

Humans are evolved primates and are destroying this planet in some kind of belief that it is all here for us! Consume, consume, consume! Then when things don't work out, many of us blame God or others!

Anyway, it is when man sees that we all live in this infinite field of unbroken relatedness as completely dependent beings on the whole environment and others, rather than as separate independent entities, that things can change. When we really see this basic fact of existence deeply, we stop acting as though we are separate self-enclosed entities, and instead responsibly participate whole bodily in the totality of life.

Thanks for the thread.

edit on 3/27/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I often wonder this as well. I was thinking one day about animals and if they had the capability to think about the question of why exactly do I exist or the idea of a grand creator. So I looked up some old videos of that gorilla Coco, I am sure most of you have heard of her. Anyway they were asking her questions about god and religion It was so weird, she just couldn't grasp the concept of it, like at all. Coco also had a pet cat named, I think it was Allball(the gorilla named it). When the cat finally died they asked her questions about it and she couldn't conceive the logic of death. It made me wonder even more about what animals actually think about. I wish I had access to a gorilla and knew how to sign because I would try to blow that things mind!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree the arrogance humans have about their superiority on this planet is ridiculous...and while I am at it...how can anyone think for one moment that we are the only planet in the vastness of infinity that can possibly exist with life on it...the probabilities have to be expected rather than denied. To deny is complete ignorance.

starred and flagged for this statement alone

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Another "arrogant evil humans destroying the planet" thread.

Face it: "might is right" when it comes to nature and survival.

If we lived on a planet where resources were infinite in supply and could be easily allocated to every living creature efficiently and effectively, then humans would be more inclined to consider the philosophical musings of Harry the dolphin! Until that becomes a reality, the most intelligent life form will always rule the roost.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I was totally with you, until the spiritual crap. We are animals, no question about it. Our BASE behaviors are identical to other mammals and primates. The simple fact of the matter is we are well on our way to destroying a good part of the planet, and maybe ourselves as well, and yet we are genetically predispositioned to be optimistic, even when the ship is sinking. The truth is, we haven't done anything truly glorious outside of ourselves whatsoever. That predator ego... we are hilariously deluded creatures that think our thoughts and emotions are spiritually universal and pussiant... while everything else are just animals, of course. I laugh at our audacity. Especially when the spiritual crap comes up as explanations for our screwed up-ness. Spirituality never explained a damn thing about the human condition, and science is proving this more and more, every single day. And lol @ the old infinite resources somehow checking our hierarchial and other base behaviors. We are what we are, until we find ways to change fundamental aspects of ourselves.
edit on 27-3-2015 by Calalini because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Remember animals aren't that nice, they murder each other all the time.

They're no better than us, in fact they're the same minus technology.

top topics

join